do you think killers queues are gonna be bad

theboyitachi
theboyitachi Member Posts: 57
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

do you guys think killer queues will be bad after the update i genuinely think they will i planned on playing a lot of killer this update but if queues are bad i don’t really know especially when i’m probably just gonna get swf because solos are not gonna wanna play as much during this update survivor isn’t dead but i feel like this update encourages people to play swf because no one wants to see a claud self care in a corner for 45 seconds even more if queues are bad do you guys the the role incentives will be enough? me personally i’m gonna take a break maybe play a little killer every now an then just to see how the changes work on live an how everyone adjust an what bhvr does an what not just curious on what you guys think ?

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited July 2022

Maybe?

Both of my queues have been long lately. That's pretty usual for Survivor but very odd for Killer.

On the one hand, it was cool playing against Tofu. On the other hand, I have now played against Tofu A LOT in the last week and he is a much better Killer than I am Survivor.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

I expect que times to balance out more with the introduction of priority que.

• moonwinx
    moonwinx Member Posts: 51

Usually killer queue times are longer after the chapter/mid chapter update (at least for me). It will be interesting to see how quickly it goes back to normal. I am honestly not sure how much effect the match making incentives will have. I think a lot of people will want to be playing the side with bonus BP, but realistically the incentives will only encourage people playing solo to swap sides, and solo survivor has been really painful lately, and I don't think will get much better after the update. My gut feeling is that if a swf logs in to play together sees a super high incentive to play killer, they wont disband to play killer individually, and will either wait out the long queue time, or decide to play a different game together.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Will be as usual, pretty sure.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    edited July 2022

I mean they are already bad. In the timeframe where I used to get matches instantly, now I have to wait five minutes. And once they release the patch and neuter SoloQ, it should be even more horrible. I guess we can wait for the bots gamemode and have ourselves a little break.

• Pulsar
  • Pulsar
  • Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

Not any longer than they have been. Which admittedly still takes a little while.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

No

• moonwinx
    moonwinx Member Posts: 51

I would take what people say they are going to do on the forums/reddit/twitter with a grain of salt. The amount of people who say they are going to uninstall but then keep posting match screenshots is pretty high.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a significant drop in solo queue players though. It's been rough for a while, and longer gen times are probably going to have a larger negative impact that the 5 seconds of basekit BT having a positive one. That on top of some of the perk changes look like they will much more negatively effect solo while not really bothering SWF (Eruption and Knock Out for example). I'm guessing what I will be doing after the update is, if I am solo, just playing killer and using the incentive bp to gauge whether or not I should just play a different game.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

Of course you should take what people say on the forums with a grain of salt.

But think about how you feel and what you just said. You feel that solo queue will be effected negatively by this patch and you think solo queue players will quit after this patch drops. You seem to play both sides and you are thinking about switching to straight killer after this patch instead of doing solo queue.

I think this is a very common sentiment.

It's not crazy extreme forum post, like the people who say that they are going to uninstall, throw their computer out the window then jump to their deaths.

These are well thought out and articulated posts saying how they plan to react to this patch. These posts are the ones that the developers should be paying attention to.

When you say you are going to uninstall the game, you are mad. When you say you will probably switch to killer and if the queue times are to long, you'll play another game, you are preparing a plan on how you will adjust to a patch that you feel may have issues. Ones out of emotion, ones out of careful thought.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I think killer queues will be long the first week and then go back to normal.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

Queue times are gonna be the same as usual, probably.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

All of the people who are bad with killer and cry about swf will still be bad with killer and get owned. This patch isn't going to fix low IQ killers so I'm not worried about queues because the same people that ragequit killer before will still give up.

• Babadook83
    Babadook83 Member Posts: 208

i expect long queues for killers once the solo surivvors realize this game is completely not fun anymore for them. some will switch to killer for the time being, and others will find a friend to play with, and some will quit the game. expect to see a lot of incentives to play survivor.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Tofu also seems to have been in a slight slump the last few months, I wouldn’t be surprised if his MMR is somewhat lower than it used to be.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

Just curious how long you've been playing the game? I think solo will be fine, not sure about all the doom and gloom that newer players are spewing

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

Solo queue is around a 38%ish escape rate, base on the 45% survivor escape rate and -15% worse escape rate for solo queue players.

Camping is being buffed, something solo-queue players absolutely hate and self-care is being nerfed, a perk solo queues rely on. Also, you have a bunch of global killer buffs that will adversely affect solo-queue more than SWFs.

My guess is the escape rate for solo-queue is going to drop into the 20% range and no-one wants to lose that often.

The crux of the matter is, there is a lot of survivor nerfs that adversely affect solo-queue more than SWF, which will sour the experience of solo-queue players who are already being unfairly handicapped because of SWF.

A one thing competitive gamers want is a fair game. When a competitive game becomes unfair, you loss your player base. Really, that should be a golden rule that developers always follow for competitive games, keep the game fair.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

They balance around SWF by murdering solo Q and buffing camping it's terrible, no one will touch solo Q people here are coping, update is a giant middle finger to solos and newer players, it's not hard to go play something else more fair and fun

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

The queues for killer will continue to be infinite. As correctly predicted, every single survivor left after decisive strike's last nerf and not a single game of dead by daylight has occurred since patch 5.4.0 as a result.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

It definitely will, look at how many people run BBQ just for the blood point bonus. And, to speak on the soloQ experience after the patch. I am a mostly soloQ survivor who gets Iri1 pretty easily every month, I am not very worried. I am however excited for the light weight and off the record changes. Excited to not dread playing killer for my rituals because dead hards mostly dead. I may actually play killer more than once a day.