Fun Survivor Builds To Run After Midchapter (Non-meta List)

amazing_grace
amazing_grace Member Posts: 734
edited July 2022 in General Discussions

Hello Fellow players in the fog. I was bored, so I decided to write down all the builds I want to run after this next Midchapter. As a person who plays both sides, but especially enjoys playing survivor (soloq), I was super excited with them shaking up the Meta.

Now that I don't have to run BT in all my builds, I feel more free to be able to try out the fun combos I couldn't do before. There's a lot of them I want to try, hence why I am excited for this patch and hope that other survivors will also run more fun builds.

It's a pretty extensive list, but I think the builds that I will run the most will be the End Game Build and the Everyone Healing Build. I love going for end game unhooks and getting autodidact value.

Let me know what builds you might try or what other builds you are excited for! Killer builds are also welcome:)

Random Theme Builds:

End Game Build – Wake up, No one Left Behind, Hope, Adrenaline

Treasure Build 1 (Medkits) – Ace in the Hole, Appraisal, Plunderer’s, Pharmacy

Treasure Build 2 (Flashlight) - Ace in the Hole, Appraisal, Plunderer’s, Residual Manifest

Silent Survivor Build – Balanced Landing, Bite the Bullet, Off the record, Self-Preservation (Bring medkit for Bite the bullet self heal)

Knock off Iron Will Build – Bite the bullet, self-care, Calm spirit, Self-Preservation/Parental Guidance

BOONS build – CoH, Exponential, Shadow Step, Dark Theory

Save a little time build – Resurgence, Wake Up, Resilience, Pharmacy/Counterforce (save a few seconds here and there)

Totem tickler build – Counterforce, Inner Healing, Overzealous, Small Game/Detective’s Hunch

Survivor Focused Builds:

Make Others Speedy Build – Blood Pact, Dark Theory, BT, No One Left Behind/Guardian

Passive Buff everyone else build – Streetwise/Up the Ante, Open Handed, Vigil, Leader

Information Buff Everyone else build – Empathic Connection, Situational Awareness, Kindred, Wake Up

Pick up Slugs build – WGLF, For the People, Buckle Up/Empathy, MoM/Boon Exponential

Endurance build – Soul Guard, Off the Record, WGLF, Unbreakable

Stealth build – Off the Record, Distortion, Poised, Shadow Step

See Survivors At All Times build – Bond, Aftercare, Empathy, Kindred

Aura info Build – Any Means Necessary, Windows of Opportunity, Detective’s Hunch, Wake Up (Can Bring Map with Glass Beads)

Killer Focused Builds:

Escape chase build – Overcome, Lucky Break, Inner healing, Quick and Quiet

Escape chase build (hard mode) – Smash Hit, Parental Guidance, Windows of Opportunity, Any/Lightweight

Confuse Killer in chase build – Lightweight, Self-aware, Balanced Landing/Lithe, Dance with me

Confuse Killer with Locker in Chase build – Lightweight, Parental Guidance, Head on, Quick and Quiet

Get stacks from killer build – Stake Out, Distortion, Diversion, Fast Track

Never Find the Slug Build – Distortion, Tenacity, Unbreakable, Soul Guard/Exponential

Make Killer Afraid of lockers build – Head on, Deception, Quick and Quiet, Vigil

Troll the Killer build – Diversion, Deception, Red Herring, Object of Obsession

See the Killer Build – Inner Focus, Alert, Dark Sense, Guardian (Can Switch one perk out for OoO)

Blind the killer build – Blastmine, Residual Manifest, Built to Last, Streetwise (Infinite Flashlight)

Stun the killer build – Head On, Blastmine, Smash Hit, Decisive Strike

Hook Related Builds:

No more hooks build – Breakdown, Breakout, Saboteur, We’re gonna live forever/streetwise/MoM

You can’t hook me build – Unbreakable, Flip Flop, Boil Over, Breakdown

Get Camped Build – Open Handed, Kindred, Kinship, Any

Pallet Save Myself Build – Flip Flop, Unbreakable, Power Struggle, Tenacity

Kobe build – Slippery Meat, Up the Ante, DS (if you’re lucky), Renewal (really lucky) (Bring Salty Lips)

Gen Builds:

Gen jockey build – Prove Thyself, De Ja Vu/Stake Out, Fast Track, Overzealous/Built to Last - (Bring Beefy Toolbox)

Stop/Prevent the Regression Build – Rookie Spirit, Repressed Alliance, Blastmine, Sprint Burst

Heal Builds:

Fast Self-healing build – Resilience, Desperate Measures, Streetwise, Built to last (Beefy medkit)

Altruistic healing build – Botany, We’ll make it, Empathy, Aftercare/CoH (EDIT: Ranger Medkit to use on others)

Everyone healing build – Solidarity, Autodidact, Desperate measures/Lucky Break, Bite the Bullet

Selfish Builds:

I want Hatch Build – Clairvoyance, Open Handed, Self-Preservation, Distortion (Bring Key)

Let Team Die and Get Gates build – Sole Survivor, Wake Up, Spine Chill, Resilience

Claudette in corner build – Self-care, Urban Evasion, Iron Will, Spine Chill/Premonition

Meme Builds:

Meme build – Sprint Burst, Iron Will, No Mither, Self-care

Debuff Myself Meme Build – Calm Spirit, Botany Knowledge, Technician, Pharmacy (Only Self Heals with Medkits)

Skill Checks Are Hard Build – Corrective Action, Technician, Bite the Bullet, This is not Happening

Post edited by amazing_grace on

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

My build will probably be:

MoM, Botany, CoH, Empathy

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited July 2022

"Fast Self-healing build – Resilience, Desperate Measures, Streetwise, Built to last (Beefy medkit)"

----

Why not use Botany Knowledge instead of Resilience? Streetwise (25%) offsets Botany Knowledge's (20%) efficiency penalty, and Botany gives a 50% heal speed boost instead of 9% from Resilience.

• amazing_grace

Hmmm... haven't really thought about killers too much. I feel like it's harder to make the killer builds because killers have such unique powers that theme builds can really build around only specific characters sometimes. Though if I have time, maybe I'll try to come up with some fun builds that aren't just infinite slowdown/regression.

I love mettle of man players. Such a fun perk that can come in clutch if you're able to pull it off without throwing.

That's a good point. There's a couple combinations that you can do with that build depending on how fast you want the self-heals to be. You could have the ranger medkit with botany and get a lot of heals that are super fast, or you can bring the emergency medkit and keep resilience to get the fast heals and not take the penalty, or you could bring the emergency medkit and botany and be super cracked with healing that the killer thinks you're cheating. I haven't done the math, but I think you might be right that streetwise offsets botany enough to make it worth it.

• CodeDB
    CodeDB Member Posts: 272

I think the build I'm most interested in trying is the Weaponized Totem build.

Inner Healing/Quick and Quiet/Head On/Overzealous.

Find a totem early and use it to get a nice little speed boost on gens. Then, if I get in a chase, I can use a locker to either heal myself or stun the killer (or both!).

Otherwise, more meme worthy could just be a Killer Powered build.

Stake Out/Distortion/Diversion/Fast Track.

Number 1 goal: get stacks. Then use them to distract/avoid the killer and get working on those gens. Jokes on you Agitation/Starstruck/Floods of Rage/Lethal Pursuer Nurse, you just make me stronger!

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,412

So for Overzealous, do you just cleanse one totem for the gen speed boost, then you lose it when youre injured or dying, but as soon as you're healthy again it's back? Or do you need to find another totem to get it back?

• amazing_grace

Those are fun. I love the idea of weaponizing totems against the killer. As someone who loves cleansing them for fun, I like the idea that you can run a build that helps with this objective.

There was that one game though that I cleansed all totems with counterforce because I had a tome to cleanse totems... the killer got a free 5 stack of pentimento😅

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516

Excited for the WGLF and FTP, that sounds fun.

Also, Lightweight mettttaaa! Haha

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516

You lose when hit and do not regain when healed. You have to cleanse another totem.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,915

Some interesting builds there...I'm looking forward to seeing what people change their perks to, and hopefully try out new things.

I often run random builds tbh, normally go back to my Head On/Deception build though.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

One build I think will definitely fall in the "funny gimmick build" category is bringing both Self-Care and Bite the Bullet, so you can round a corner after getting hit and be immediately completely silent.

I've seen certain content creators do this with medkits in a healing build, but I think just immediately silencing yourself is funny enough that it doesn't need to be a super viable healing build to be a fun time. Combine it with some chase perks or maybe something for losing your scratch marks/blood pools and it'll be a fun stealth gimmick build.

• amazing_grace

I'm very excited for this patch, hence why I shared the builds that I will cycle through for fun because I hope that other people will be willing to try new combos out as well.

My favorite non-meta perks right now are probably Wake Up and Any Means Necessary, so those might get thrown into a comfort build that I run. Despite all the negative comments people have about shaking the meta, I think you guys are doing a good job with all these changes at once. I can't wait.

• amazing_grace

I literally thought about this combo the day I heard about them nerfing self-care and ironwill. Someone actually tried to pull this on me last night, didn't work though lol, but I found it funny.

I made a knock-off iron will build that included self-care and bite the bullet and calm spirit. Imagine cleansing a dull totem at slow speeds just so you can be silent next to the killer, add in thana and you basically have a knock off iron will.

The last perk in that build could be either self-preservation (iron-will when you really need it), parental guidance (not a long effect but does get rid of grunts), or off the record. The interesting thing I realized with off the record is that you can easily tell a survivor has it if you can't hear their grunts of pain. You kind of know to get it out of the way, wait out the basekit bt, or if a survivor has literally been doing nothing if you run into them after the unhook.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited July 2022

Ultimate meme build:

DH/IW/SC/DS

Confuse new players and fill the hearts of older ones with bittersweet nostalgia

Ones I've been using already:

Quadboon - sometimes unexpectedly useful

Lithe/dance with me/lucky break/bite the bullet + medkit - two reliable escape methods that work healthy or injured

Flashbang/blast mine/residual manifest/any - good for if you're feeling a bit obnoxious