The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

D Strike and Noed.

Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

They're both ridiculously OP and need some major attention.
D Strike- Rework.
You're a vicious prey, and you won't go down easy.
When you're in a chase, for every ten seconds of the chase you gain a token up to a maximum of 3 tokens. When you stun a killer with a pallet, a token is consumed and they are stunned for 0.5/1/1.5 extra seconds. If you are the obsession, you are allowed to have a maximum of 4 tokens. Increases your chance to be the obsession. This is affected by Enduring.

That idea would somewhat balance DS and make Enduring and Spirit Fury more dealable with. This would also make the survivor have to work a little for their DS and would encourage survivors to make more tactical plays as lots of killers would respect pallets.

Noed- Complete rework.
No-one escapes your grasp, you'll always come on top, no matter what.
If you have hooked every survivor at LEAST once, a dull totem will be lit/brought back from being cleansed and will make 2/3/4 survivors suffer from the exposed effect and your movement speed will be increased by 2%/3%/4%. This effect lasts until the dull totems are cleansed.

This makes NOED something you must work for and rewards you for hooking everyone. It also urges survivors to play more stealthy.

Brutal Strength- Buff
same description
Your great strength allows you to shred through your prey's defences.
Destroy dropped Pallets and damage Generators 30%/40%/50% faster. This is because Brutal strength would not be in a good spot with those reworks so it get's a massive buff to keep up. Tell me if my ideas are stupid and dumb ^^.

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Vietfox said:
    Both noed and ds are fine.
    Keep the obsession DS and give non obsession some kind of small boost.

The broken thing about DS is being stackable and non obsessions getting an even more powerful version, atleast in my opinion.

Still hate it though, its like seeing that cutie with a ponytail when you enter a bar, you hit on her only for her to turn around and reveal herself as a guy with a weird mustache.
    @ChesterTheMolester
    I mean, i only use it when i got the daily of being chased by the killer, i'm not a big fan of 1 time use perks.
    But maybe they should tweak DS to non obsession survivors, yeah.
    PS: how drunk are you when walking into a bar :)
  • Vietfox
    edited December 2018
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

The broken thing about DS is being stackable and non obsessions getting an even more powerful version, atleast in my opinion.

Still hate it though, its like seeing that cutie with a ponytail when you enter a bar, you hit on her only for her to turn around and reveal herself as a guy with a weird mustache.
    @ChesterTheMolester
    I mean, i only use it when i got the daily of being chased by the killer, i'm not a big fan of 1 time use perks.
    Drunk enough for that to happen.

Based on a true story.
    @ChesterTheMolester
    You german right? Yeah i get it. Every time i visit my german friends i'm like this

And i don't even like techno!!
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@will_i_am_14_85 said:
    Cleanse the F'ing Totems! Seriously, there is no need to complain about NOED when you can completely render the perk useless through normal gameplay.

DS is a 'get out of jail free' card, with rewards survivors and punishes killers

Use Ruin and NOED. Tunnel and camp the first survivor while the others do gens. It is impossible for 3 survivors to do 5 gens and 5 totems before the guy dies. When NOED procs find another one. One shot them and camp. You just pipped without doing a damn thing worth pipping. And the survivors have no options but to 1) gen rush or 2) attempt a save. Both cases you win. Stop saying to cleanse totems when it's mathematically impossible with 3 survivors. If the others go do totems they won't be doing gens, which means the killer will have a chance to catch and camp another person before end game. Basically if they DO NOT gen rush they all die.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

I don't have an issue with either per say... BUT I think NOED would be better if

I would like NOED better if the first hit ACTIVATED the exposed on everyone, but was not actually exposed PRIOR to the hit. Maybe we give the killer a boost here and they don't need to clean their weapon. But I don't like the fact that NOED is the only time a survivor is exposed, but doesn't know it. This has been discussed many times before though, so we don't need a re-hash of that.

I think decisive strike should be a secret offering, and not a perk. Similar to the "insta-down" offerings and addons that killer gets. But again, i think this has all been discussed before.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

@ChesterTheMolester

Based on a true story.
    @ChesterTheMolester
    You german right? Yeah i get it. Every time i visit my german friends i'm like this

Yeah as a metalhead i don't understand why Techno is so huge here. 

We call that trend Nationalschande
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Both are garbage, both reward bad players, both need to go.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:

@ChesterTheMolester

Based on a true story.
    @ChesterTheMolester

Yeah as a metalhead i don't understand why Techno is so huge here. 

We call that trend Nationalschande
    @ChesterTheMolester
    Yeah same, lol. Anything between the 60's and the 80's.
  • Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

I would feel a lot better about DS and NOED if it weren't for the fact that they're used so often. There's no disadvantage for either, and I honestly believe bad plays should NOT be rewarded. Decisive is used to bully the killer and be a major crutch, when it's intention was for it to be used as a last resort escape. NOED can completely turn the tide of the game, and can turn a 1k to a 3k with very little effort. I am not a fan of either, but as long as one exists I am okay with the other existing.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

@thesuicidefox said:
    Basically if they DO NOT gen rush they all die.

A little over dramatic don't you think?

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Both perks are necessary, in it´s current form.

¿Have a problem with decisive? just make them waste it or throw the survivor when they are about to use it

Rancor is a great perk to counter DS, just being way too underused.

¿Have a problem with NOED? just cleanse all the totems! no big deal.

Detective´s hunch is great for cleansing totems but again, being underused.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

@thesuicidefox said:
    Basically if they DO NOT gen rush they all die.

A little over dramatic don't you think?

No that's what happens. Do the math. It's impossible for 3 survivors to do 5 gens and 5 totems in 2 minutes. Run Noed and Ruin. Camp every survivor you catch. You will pip without doing much work and survivors are forced to gen rush and run out ASAP or they die. If they don't gen rush and you catch a second survivor before the last gen is done, the other 2 will probably die. At least 1, hatch is still possible. Still you can do basically nothing and always 2k at minimum.

• BabyKillerTears
    BabyKillerTears Member Posts: 24

DS is perfectly fine though, so what you lose the survivor for 4 seconds, just chase after him again and down him easily. Not OP at all. Nerf Noed though, that perk is the most broken one in this whole game! It gives poor killers free wins

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Someone had the idea of having DS open to everyone, provided they earn it during a trial (ripping out a piece of generator). There was a penalty attached to it but it was just a part of the game mechanics.

I really liked that suggestion (as much as I hate DS). There was a really good cost/benefit and it was really quite fair...great risk/reward.

NOED already has a pretty good cost benefit. If it were just a perk, it would be too OP...but being attached to a totem...you take a risk by using it.

• nikodelpino
    nikodelpino Member Posts: 27

When I play killer I slug my obsession or I dribble them to the hook if I'm near to one. Also slugging helps you to slow down the game, since the other survivors have to go and heal the downed survivor.

NOED has an easy counter, just break the totems. If it bothers you that much, Small Game helps you to find the totems, so does Detective's Hunch. If you don't want to use a perk slot for those you can still use a map with Red Twine and the Odd stamp to guarantee no NOED, it even helps you with Ruin.

• Attackfrog

@EntityDispleased said:
    Bad killers use noed and noed activates against bad survivors. Bad survivors use DS and good killers suffer from it even though it's not in their control.

I disagree and think noed is a great end game perk. It is very risky to take, because you are relying on getting to end game. For bad killers, it may result in 1 k, if they camp it after gates are powered (but again, good survivors will cleanse the glowing totem to rescue their friend). For good killers, it turns an early game 1-2k into a 4k, assuming you have already hooked the last 2-3 at least 1-2 times, which requires a fair amount of skill. I have gambled with it and lost many times on my doc. I have also gambled and won, and it is very rewarding, especially against cocky survivors tea-bagging in the gate zone.

And if you throw in a mori...even more fun!

This comparison between DS and noed is absolutely ridiculous and needs to stop because these two perks are incomparable at this point.

Totally agree! NOED isn't reactionary, resulting in a 2nd chance...DS is. There is no penalty or risk for taking DS atm. I think DS is a great skill for survivors, but agree with those that believe it should be earned during a trial...making it available for any survivor...at a cost.

Keeping it from a perk has many benefits, which include no more killer lobby dodging when they see a p3 laurie. Or ANY Laurie for that matter lol. Killers also won't need to slug a laurie anymore (well, any more than they would slug any other character).

Make DS available in game for everyone! Put a cost/risk/penalty to it and everyone wins!

• PapaAndrei
    PapaAndrei Member Posts: 72

Killer main here.

Hate/Love both perks.

I like NOED, just cause it helps either secure a kill, slows down the game if people just focus on totems. and even slows down the exit gates as one person looks for Noed (if you had enough pressure that is.) BUT, i hate it also. It feels cheap to use, its unreliable (easy counters) and kinda just if you wanna get back at that one toxic instaheal claduette.

DS, I do like the IDEA of it. (never used it as a surv, highest surv rating is like, lvl 5). Its great if you go for that ballsy hook rescue at the end of the game with your team, but get downed instead. Get picked up, DS, save your buddy and RUN FOREST RUN. What it is actually used for nowadays, is bully builds. Flashlight, DS, Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, and Dead Hard. Just bully the killer, force him to chase you, or just make his life a living hell.

That said, I like both of these changes above. Though, I think the DS rework would do better as its own perk honestly, and make DS just a chase activated one. X amount of time being chased, then downed lets you use the perk.

NOED? Just needs to alert people when it goes up honestly. I think that would make it ALOT more fair.

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799

Killer main here.

Hate/Love both perks.

I like NOED, just cause it helps either secure a kill, slows down the game if people just focus on totems. and even slows down the exit gates as one person looks for Noed (if you had enough pressure that is.) BUT, i hate it also. It feels cheap to use, its unreliable (easy counters) and kinda just if you wanna get back at that one toxic instaheal claduette.

DS, I do like the IDEA of it. (never used it as a surv, highest surv rating is like, lvl 5). Its great if you go for that ballsy hook rescue at the end of the game with your team, but get downed instead. Get picked up, DS, save your buddy and RUN FOREST RUN. What it is actually used for nowadays, is bully builds. Flashlight, DS, Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, and Dead Hard. Just bully the killer, force him to chase you, or just make his life a living hell.

That said, I like both of these changes above. Though, I think the DS rework would do better as its own perk honestly, and make DS just a chase activated one. X amount of time being chased, then downed lets you use the perk.

NOED? Just needs to alert people when it goes up honestly. I think that would make it ALOT more fair.

TbH the last thing survivors need is more information. Fair? In a 4v1 game where the numerous sides have more info than the power side and have more counter play available too. Yeah, no thanks

As survivor when bought the halloween doc for myers I was astonished how cheap feels DS, not hard at all to hit and not needed, especially for my stealth playstyle. I'd rather have more fun with dance with me or urban evasion which rewards my stealth plays instead of rewarding be caught (dumb idea). Even the devil acknowledge it but the community don't apparently

Noed in the other hand is stupidly weak. I don't run either ruin or noed anymore. I dropped them after 3 months I started playing this game since its a huge gamble in high rank.Noed never activate or last for 30s with the cost of running 3perks the whole game, practicing with nurse using noed was awful for that reason too, can't do much about it

These two perks are actually incomparable, you say its not fair I can one hit you at the end game. Well I don't find it fair j can hit a skill check to obtain an extra life plus a free loop giving my team the time for an extra 1-2 gens. I never felt I needed DS to survive, because I can lose the killer without a skill check. Plus survivors perk cannot be cleansed, the strongest killer perks can or have heavy counters (BBQ, nurse calling etc) And I always play acting like they have these even if they dont. After all I don't even need perks to counter these

For noed as said its just a gamble and I prefer run something else that don't handicap myself with 3 perks for the 90% of the game and its almost no use even when I come to that point. I'd rather have something that help me find people or chase better

We should stop asking for change for newbie from bottom to top but changes from top to bottom or you won't even try to get better. You'll just get at higher ranks easier and that's it, the game needed to be balanced based on the best players not based on the most players which sre lazy or newbie that won't adapt in whatever case and whatever side. These threads shouldn't even exist since anyone can come to the same conclusions I got by logic after all they have done all this time
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

Stop comparing those perks.
    They are in no way two sides of the same coin.

• Attackfrog

@Wolf74 said:

I think the only people that can't see this are the ones who haven't tried them both.

They are absolutely different.

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559

DS is a perk that is one use and is effected by huntress's lullaby, enduring, and unnerving presence so, why does the perk need a rework when running enduring just wastes the perk and you catch up in a good 2-4 seconds and hook them, noed is literally cleansing the totems and the perk wont even activate

• will_i_am_14_85

@alivebydeadight said:
    DS is a perk that is one use and is effected by huntress's lullaby, enduring, and unnerving presence so, why does the perk need a rework when running enduring just wastes the perk and you catch up in a good 2-4 seconds and hook them, noed is literally cleansing the totems and the perk wont even activate

Cleaning totems = No perk required.
    Your DS solutions = Using a perk, or multiple perks to counter it.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    I actually like the DS rework but for real noed its fine. The perk can be destroyed before you hit anyone or even before its activated, point being there's counter play. DS is not like that, as a killer there is no counter play and the perk itself is extremely rewarding. What's funny is that noed was actually nerfed because they got rid of the missed attack cool down but made the exposed effect go on lvl 1 and 2, but really all this does is it made the perk more common. This does not call for a nerf or rework, if you think the killer has it than go get the totems their very easy to find.
  • Vietfox

@alivebydeadight said:

Those perks, especially enduring, have other uses other than counter a single perk.
  • will_i_am_14_85

@Vietfox said:
    will_i_am_14_85 said:

@alivebydeadight said:

Those perks, especially enduring, have other uses other than counter a single perk.

True, but a killer might not want to run Enduring in there build, my comment was that you don't need a perk to cleanse totems, but if you want to counter DS to some degree you need to be carrying some kind of perk, which you might not have unlocked, or don't want to use.

• Poweas

@Wolf74 said:

I never compared them. I simply said they're both too overpowered and suggested a rework to balance them.

• The_Crusader

@Delfador said:
    Both perks are ######### and should be removed from the game to improve game experience.

@Vietfox has already said it. Even if you lose NOED, you actually gain something. Most of my Freddy matches don't even reach the end game because survivors assume that I have NOED and waste their time trying to find dull totems.

People can't realize it but DS has the potential to change the game as much as NOED. When you can't get that 1 down, and hook, you just can't start to snowball and lose the entire game. This is why people don't even pick up the DS guy even if they down him.
    One is the best snowball breaking perk in the entire game. The other one is the best snowball creating perk in the game and they both should get their own nerfs.

The game would be better without these 2 perks. Both sides know how powerful these 2 perks are, both of them don't want to lose their strong perks.

Very true.

I'd also like to add that Adrenaline should be nerfed if NOED is gone. Having the whole team insta healed when you've only got 20 seconds left in the game is a bit much if there's no NOED in return.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Vietfox said:

Still hate it though, its like seeing that cutie with an even cuter haircut when you enter a bar, you hit on her only for her to turn around and reveal herself as a guy with a weird mustache.

If he turns around and doesn't have a weird or any mustache, the real question is are you still thinking about it? Is it a hard pass?

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    fcc2014 said:

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Vietfox said:

Still hate it though, its like seeing that cutie with an even cuter haircut when you enter a bar, you hit on her only for her to turn around and reveal herself as a guy with a weird mustache.

If he turns around and doesn't have a weird or any mustache, the real question is are you still thinking about it? Is it a hard pass?

Gay doesn't turn my crank, sorry.
  • pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 597
    edited December 2018

The only truth is that NOED has been nerfed in the last patch and Decisive strike for the moment no I still waiting great changes for the this perk because actually is broken, at present the killers doesn't has time to hunt 4 survivors with DS the game has a balance problem if survivors make genrush.

My solution is give decisive strike only to obsessions and give an additional objective to the survivors, the latest event has show the way.

• Poweas

Bump?

• Poweas

Bump.

• The_Crusader
    pandorayr said:

The only truth is that NOED has been nerfed in the last patch and Decisive strike for the moment no I still waiting great changes for the this perk because actually is broken, at present the killers doesn't has time to hunt 4 survivors with DS the game has a balance problem if survivors make genrush.

My solution is give decisive strike only to obsessions and give an additional objective to the survivors, the latest event has show the way.

Lol yes NOED and BBQ got nerfed before DS, despite them promising the DS nerf for a long time.

And they wonder why everyone says the game is survivor sided...

The most broken perk in the entire game and they won't touch it.
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@will_i_am_14_85 said:
    Cleanse the F'ing Totems! Seriously, there is no need to complain about NOED when you can completely render the perk useless through normal gameplay.

DS is a 'get out of jail free' card, with rewards survivors and punishes killers

And NOED is a get away with doing nothing card, rewards killers and punishes survivors.
    My main issue with NOED is how it rewards killers that have done nothing all game. Like tunnel and camp 1 survivor for 5 generators and get an easy 2-4k by doing absolutely nothing right.
    I like this idea of having to work for it, instead of just getting it because you are losing.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Chi said:

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

And NOED is a get away with doing nothing card, rewards killers and punishes survivors.
    My main issue with NOED is how it rewards killers that have done nothing all game. Like tunnel and camp 1 survivor for 5 generators and get an easy 2-4k by doing absolutely nothing right.
    I like this idea of having to work for it, instead of just getting it because you are losing.

NOED punishes Survivors for not breaking totems and not being stealthy.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Chi said:

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

NOED only halves the amount of hits the killer needs. But he still needs to hit them.
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

@Tsulan said:
    Chi said:

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

NOED only halves the amount of hits the killer needs. But he still needs to hit them.

And D-strike only extends the chase by half. :)

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Yah know, I wouldn't mind giving up NOED if it meant DS didn't exist. Seems like a fair trade to me.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Chi said:

@Tsulan said:
    Chi said:

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

Wrong. DS starts a new chase.
  • Poweas

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Yah know, I wouldn't mind giving up NOED if it meant DS didn't exist. Seems like a fair trade to me.

There ya go!

• The_Crusader
    I actually think NOED needs a buff. It's not fair that it can be countered when DS and Adrenaline can't.
  • Poweas

@The_Crusader said:
    I actually think NOED needs a buff. It's not fair that it can be countered when DS and Adrenaline can't.

Adrenaline isn't that bad, it doesn't get in use half the time.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Chi said:

@Tsulan said:
    Chi said:

@will_i_am_14_85 said:

Define half... Because if half of a chase is two gens worth?
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    I think comparing these two perks is valid, given that they both reward poor gameplay: a lost chase for survivors and fixed generators for killers. However, countermeasures for these perks varies.

Decisive Strike can be countered via perks that benefit the killer in other aspects. Enduring is not only valuable as a counter to DS but it also aids the killer when he is completing the objective and chasing down survivors, a far more rewarding counter.

No One Escapes Death is different as the counterplay to it is involved with active gameplay. Survivors being required to do a side objective to counterplay any perk is much more dire than simply equipping a perk that will benefit in completing your objective.

I dislike both perks. Decisive Strike is a perk with a design and intention that has been misconstrued by the community and is now a symbol of toxicity. NoeD is a perk that many look at and are outraged by due to the connotations made by others towards DS and it’s rewarding of bad plays, and so people see NoeD as the Killer’s equivalent... Which it is, in terms of it’s activation.

In my opinion? DS should only be able to activate after you’ve been hooked once, so at least then in terms of continuity you can say that the survivor is stabbing the killer with a part of the hook. And for NoeD I’d rather it activates like Devour Hope and rewarded someone for playing well. 
  • Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    edited December 2018
    The Decisive Strike and Brutal Strength reworks sound great. I don’t think No One Escapes Death needs a rework. It’s in a good place right now and has decent counter play.