TO THE FACE KOBE-ERS IN DBD

Options
AshInTheTallGrass
AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669

You're on the hook. You see a teammate coming to get you. Your teammate arrives, but before they can get you, you attempt a Kobe in their face. You fail.

Your teammate either A., stares at you and watches you struggle on the hook or B., outright walks away and leaves you on the hook.

How do you feel about that?

TO THE FACE KOBE-ERS IN DBD 18 votes

I laugh my ass off. It's funny.
27%
SkeletalEliteAnchorTeasyainkizuatiWowie 5 votes
I'm annoyed. What's the big deal?
27%
Science_GuyCamilaRmsThatOneDemoPlayerBennett_They1ThemCassiopeiae 5 votes
Respect. I deserved that.
38%
GibberishEve13sizzlingmario4Thusly_BoneddeKlaw_04hastarkisusesPython 7 votes
Can I at least have a chance to explain why I do that before you judge me?
0%
Other
5%
JaviiMii 1 vote

Comments

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options

Leaving your teammate to get to second stage when there's no active danger in saving them (i.e. they're being facecamped by oneshot killer) is objectively dumb move, which might cost you whole match, regardless of reason. Besides, a person trying to self-unhook when teammate is right around the corner might just be new and trying to complete the self-unhooking achievement, which is understandable if you ask me.

So people who are effectively working with killer by intentionally letting their teammate die on first hook - yeah, can't commend them.

If one of my friends does that in context - it might be funny, sure. But there's almost never a "funny context" for a random to do this.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    Options

I understand your feelings. The question was just for the people who intentionally do it in a teammate's face, which is different from the situations you've described.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

Why does it matter if they do it in ur face? There is no time lost if you where already there,

if you leave someone to die for trying to Kobe when ur right there ur just petty

the only reason i can see you being mad is if they somehow get that small 4% chance and you miss a wglf stack.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Only makes sense if you have Deliverance.

Same, but the safe hook rescue popping eases my guilt.

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286
    Options
    Other

well, I usually don't attempt to kobe in someones face. I sometimes don't let go in time and accidentally attempt to kobe when doing jumping jacks on the hook. Either way. The important question is: does the failed kobe result in struggle stage or is it still first hook regardless of the failed kobe? If it's still first hook either way: what's the big deal? If anything it's the silly kind of funny. If it results in second stage then I guess it's kinda deserved. That being said; someone who leaves a kobe-attempter on hook for trying to kobe can't claim the moral high ground; not unhooking is just as silly/offensive/pointless/unconstructive/whatever as attempting to kobe.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    Options

If they needlessly put themselves in the struggle face, I have stared at them for about 2-3 seconds, and then unhooked. That's my way of giving them the ole JT lol

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

I have done the same thing. Teammates sending themselves to second stage when they still had 30+ seconds is one of my all time DBD peeves.

I'll stare, shake my head and/or teabag at high velocity when I get there.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    Options

lol

Most things in DBD, I just laugh off. But I sometimes have gotten annoyed when I've run across the map (which made me get off my gen), and then someone does that in my face. One dude did that to me, but he had Deliverance. He waited until I was right there, and then used it. I ran all the way across the map for him (and the Killer was on someone else, so he was able to use it at any point). We both just stared at each other. Then I turned and walked away from him. Didn't heal him either.

I regret nothing.

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386
    Options
    I laugh my ass off. It's funny.

kobe-ing in someone's face is GIGACHAD.