who else is refusing to play killer until the update drops?

Options

just wondering

Comments

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 882
    Options

Im doing a last effort to put killers and survs at prestige 1 so everyone have all perks. But man i hate every match xD I dont remember the las time i ""win"".

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I’m a killer main and I’m still playing but I am really looking forward to this patch. It’s like I’m still driving around in my old car when I have a new shinier car coming in next week or so, I’m just hoping the new one gets here soon and isn’t held up at the docks. 🙂

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited July 2022
    Options

why would you refuse? The game isn't going to change that much for you

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Don't see the point of waiting. If I don't play this weekend, it'll simply be because I didn't feel like playing, not because I'm intentionally holding out until the update.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,335
    Options

It's the opposite for me. This is our last chance to stock up on addons, before BHVR nerfs the bonus BBQ bloodpoints, and makes us pay prestige taxes, and forces us to have garbage low level bloodwebs with terrible perk rarities.

BHVR has shifted the grind to punish the players that don't have a perk grind, and they've made the grind so much more miserable for some of us. And who knows if the bloodweb rarity changes will happen this year, or if they'll actually be good enough for this whole prestige rework to be worth it. Because right now, the prestige rework is an absolute disaster for people whose primary grind are addons.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

I've been playing killer nonstop to prestige 1 anyone that doesn't have a lot of perks. Got a few more to go 😤

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

I find killer to be boring because in general most games aren't very challenging. I'd say probably on the low end about 60 percent of my games are 3ks. And I mainly play as m1 killers. Sure, I lose plenty of games too, but most games I'm not getting squashed. I'll do my usual killer game per pay until the update. At that point I'll be p6 all perks on everyone so I can devote my time to playing more games in general. Probably still play when a new time or killer comes out, but definitely not as much.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

Unless you've p1'd every character you don't regularly play then you are missing an opportunity to save yourself about 3 million blood per character!

If you've brought some of your characters only to 40 for teachables it will run you around 600,000 blood to flip prestige 1.

If you don't already know this information. In the July update from the devs they mentioned that the reward for characters that have already prestiged will be +2 prestige per previously bought prestige level. This means if you prestige once on those characters you only unlocked the teachables on before Tuesday, you will get the tier 3 perks on all corresponding characters permanently after the update. WARNING!: IF YOU PRESTIGE A CHARACTER NOW IT WILL LOSE ALL PERKS, ITEMS, AND ADD-ONS. After the update you will keep those things. This is for those characters that you don't play, but want their perks to be tier 3 permanently on all current and future characters.

Again, it will run you around 1.5 million blood to level 1-50, and there is a toll at 50 of 20k blood to prestige after the update.

So, if you aren't playing now just to wait a few days, you will be kicking yourself when you realize the grind relief added a 3 million+ per teachable only character grind, and a 9 million+ grind for characters you haven't unlocked. Both of those can be avoided only now, with a 1.5 million or 600k blood grind which is A LOT less!

If you are wondering whether it is worth it to prestige up your other characters that you have leveled a bit, here is a well made guide I found. https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/vxhk53/prestige_catchup_update_should_you_prestige_to/

• Babadook83
    Babadook83 Member Posts: 208
    Options

prepare for an even easier borefest on the killer side. if you already cake walk the survivors.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Iv been playing less and less killer since SBMM got added to the point I dont play killer now (I cba with full stacked meta especially 4xDH on bad maps while I play c tier killers at best)

Having said that I'm not playing at all till the patch, no point as I may as well save all BP till it drops so I can start to prestige people (I was one who never prestiged just got every perk on everyone)

Dunno if the patch will help killer tbh but who knows

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

I need to farm as many bps with bbq as possible to p1 as many characters as possible so I'm currently playing all day long

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options

I only play Nurse, Blight and I'm also gonna try to pick up spirit again. She's gonna be more fun to play with the Iron Will nerf. After the update I think I'm gonna play other killers again. The game will still be survivor sided imo but at least more fun and more balanced.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I’ve been playing more killer than survivor. It’s fun right now.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

I'll play whatever side has the fastest queues. People who heavily prefer only one half of the game are weird to me.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

I didnt played dbd 4 a Week because i dont want to Deal whit busted no Skill Dead Hard anymore played 1 Game Today all 4 Survivors whit DH yep im done until the patch finally Drops tuesday and DH for Distance is finally gone and most Survivor finally needs Skill to win a loop or chase

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    edited July 2022
    Options

A Good timed DH can Ruin a whole Match as Killer

I had a Game where i was destroying the Survivors i had 8 Hooks when only 2 Gens was finished then i was chasing a Meg that used DH at the right Moment for Distance to get a Good palett this 1 DH extend die Chase so long that all other 3 Gens was finished because the Meg was be able to get 4 other paletts

So yeah A DH can make u to lose a Game this Perk is busted and im Happy its going to be changed on tuesday

• Obelt
    Obelt Member Posts: 357
    Options

Just playin other games like evil dead till then

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    Options

It's the opposite for me, I unironically want to get as many red backgrounds on my killers as possible. It's a dumb reason to play but I really like them.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

If you don't understand the issue with current Dead Hard than why bother posting at all? Ignorance on full display...

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,146
    Options

I said I'm not defending current dead hard but I still stand by the fact that dead hard alone doesn't beat you and if you think that alone is the sole cause of the problem you're delusional and not as good as you might think

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

Yes, but not out of any issue with Dead Hard. I've been cramming survivor games because I want to enjoy Q&Q/Head On while Iron Will still exists. Had some super fun games today... definitely going to miss this build.

• The_Krapper
    Options

Well that's your own fault for over committing to a chase if it really was for that long but I honestly don't mind the change I don't run dead hard anyway, I'm just sick of hearing people complain and make excuses for bad gameplay and it will happen again with the next update there will be happiness for like 5 minutes after the nerf and then the tears will come flowing to the forums to nerf this or that perk because it's "broken"

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638
    Options

I already stomp as killer now. All this update is going to do is make me even more OP. Why wouldn't I be playing killer if I 4k every game?

• Khar
    Options

You say you're not defending it by defending it. Weird strat but ok.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

I want to use the BP gain from rank reset to sure up my survivors after the midchapter. But I'm unable to earn anymore BP even though I was under 1 million before the 13th. So, I will play other games until Tuesday.

• The_Krapper
    Options

I'm not defending dead hard but someone claimed they only get outplayed by a button and that's just not true , at some point skill comes into that it's not just the dead hard beating someone, you could have completely trash players all running dead hard and it will never be the same as a good survivor running dead hard who is skilled and uses it the right way , sure dead hard is bullshit but for someone to completely try and say the other player isn't good because of dead hard is wrong and those people will still be crying on update day even with dead hard nerfed

• JackOfTrades
    JackOfTrades Member Posts: 442
    edited July 2022
    Options

Come on...It's Double XP...I guess you could play survivor (idk how much XP survs. get, so)

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I had the best couple of killer games I’ve had in while the other night.

Not all wins just good games. So yeah I’ll keep logging in when I feel like it.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

I’m refusing to play killer after the update because I don’t get BBQ BP stacks anymore.

• Khar
    Options

You admit dead hard is bullshit and you know why (I'd hope at this point) it can be an issue. There are many, many instances in which skill does not come into play and pressing E does, in fact, outplay the killer.

• The_Krapper
    Options

It's more than just pressing E because the good players aren't using it for a mistake eraser they'll use it tactfully and they'll milk a loop or area because they know when the right time to use it and in alot of people's minds they feel robbed because they were close enough to get them but they planned to run the tile the way they did and then hit dead hard to a window or a pallet because thats the most efficient way to use it and totally reset the chase, but don't pretend there aren't 1000's of boosted survivors out there who run dead hard and still get clapped anyway, at last all I've been saying is that skill DOES come into play at some point and it's more than just the dead hard when someone gets outplayed , there's still a difference between a good survivor and a bad survivor with dead hard.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    Options

lots of people are dropping DH already, it's not that bad tbh. 😊

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    Options

You can still get them just outplay them again and force them to use that button when they don't want to.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    Options

That will be sad day when they are. I don't really care about the buffs when they take half of my bloodpoints rewards away makes me want to not play.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    Options

there will be always more survivors, so we probably always have extra bp as a killer 🤩

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

I want to wait but I want to prestige 3 a few killers and killer gets more bp so unfortunately I'm gonna have to play killer.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Ya know, I finally read the Patch notes because I wanted to have an easier time talking on the Forums...and by the Entity, now I understand why this Patch is causing such a commotion.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I'm still farming BPs cuz why not

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

As a Solo Q player, I'm pretty sure Devs won't be happy until they finally create a patch where Solos enter a match all slugged. Then the Killer just has to pick them up and hook them all, hoping one of them doesnt have Unbreakabill.

Pretty sure they'll make a change like this by end of 2022.

SWF's will be fine tho.