If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

100% sacrifice points for BBQ and Chili?

Options

Since BBQ is getting nerfed so basically nobofy will use it (as the majority only used it for the bloodpoint gains) why not just make it give 100% sacrifice points, kind of like hoe distressing does? Therefore it will still be useful for BP builds and it will have a nerf for being too strong

Comments

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    edited July 2022
    Options

I mean, that's fine I guess? But if we look at what they did to WGLF, where (in addition to the 100% healing speed of downed survivors) upon unhooking someone or taking a protection hit, the next time you pick up a survivor in the dying state that survivor gets 10s of endurance, I believe BBQ needs either: a massive duration buff (think like, 8 seconds or so), a good secondary effect that actually affects gameplay, a slight range limit decrease, or a little of everything.

Since its niche is "information" perk, I might make it something like this:

• After hooking a Survivor, all Survivors who are farther 44/40/36 meters away from that Hook have their Aura revealed for 6 seconds. Whenever a survivor is unhooked by another survivor while you are farther than 44/40/36 meters from the hook, the aura of the survivor who performed the unhooking action is revealed for 6 seconds.

The first effect is the Barbecue, the second is the Chili. 😁

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,980
    Options

Its niche was more of a bloodpoint perk

The info was just a secondary effect, like how beast of prey gives you undetectable while having bloodlust

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,668
    Options

I think it'd be better if they kept the token effect on it for hooking different survivors and give you some kind of bonus for getting all 4 similar to grim embrace.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I've never liked the idea of perks that are "balanced" by giving bloodpoints since points have zero effect on the actual match. I'd rather perks and add-ons stick to things which directly impact the match itself and leave bloodpoint bonuses for offerings and rituals and such.

• not_requested49
    Options

Yeah but most of the bloodpoint perks have an additional effect, like how beast of prey gjves you undetectable when you get bloodlust, and how distressing gives you a larger terror radius which is useful for killers like the doctor

But people run those perks mainly for the effect itself, the secondsry is just a nice bonus

Now that BBQ no longer will have any bloodpoint gains and only its secondary effect, its usage will drop dramatically

• dugman
    Options

Right, like I said I'd just as soon have those additional effects be good enough that people feel the perk is worth running without throwing in a bloodpoint bonus because bloodpoints are something which are useful between matches but don't help you at all during the match. So if they're using bloodpoints as a balancing mechanism it means either the effect is too weak (since it's partially offset by the bloodpoints) or the effect is a good one and you end up with the situation we had with BBQ and Chili were it was overly popular because some people ran it for the effect, some for the points, and some for both.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

If they take Bloodpoint bonuses off perks, I won't even know what to run as killer anymore. I already don't know what I'm going to do without BBQ.

I personally would prefer useless meme perks that reward Bloodpoints. I wish they'd kept the BP bonus on BBQ and gotten rid of the aura-reading, instead. Give me a perk that replaces blood with confetti and have it reward 100% bonus Brutality, I'd run that.

• dugman
    Options

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against them buffing the baseline number of bloodpoints players get (which they're actually doing a bit this patch, it's upping from 32k max to 40k max). I just don't like the bonuses being in the perks and add-ons.

• not_requested49
    Options

No, im saying it was "unbalanced" in terms of bloodpoint gains, thats what they said anyway

I dont care if it doesnt have much effect outside of the match, why do you think some people run thrill of the hunt and beast of prey together? For the BP

• not_requested49
    Options

Nobody is forcing you to use those perks? I honestly like having them for my BP builds

Theres no way i woukd run something like thrill of the hunt if it wasnt for the bonus hunt points, it would be absolute trash tier, especially when you arent using hex perks

Just dont use them if you dont like them lol, some people actually like them

Them uppung the bloodpoint gains are nice and all but i just want there to be a perk that can increase sacrifice bloodpoints and even brutality bloodpoints that you earn

• not_requested49
    Options

Fr, and its really dissapointing scratched/vanity mirror doesnt give bonus brutality points like its supposed to either

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    edited July 2022
    Options

The problem with perks like Distressing or Thrill of the Hunt is that they don't actually give you bonus BP to that category. They increase the points you get from normal events, which just gets you to the normal cap faster (8,000 before, 10,000 now).

So, you can use Thrill of the hunt and get to max chase super quickly (+50% if none of your totems get touched). What you're not getting is +8000 on top of the 8000 from chasing. That's why BBQ was so good and all the others suck on ice. BBQ was actual bonus points.

• dugman
    edited July 2022
    Options

I've never heard of people running Beast of Fury let alone pairing it with Thrill of the Hunt. Especially since their bonuses are limited by the 8k cap (soon to be 10k with this patch) the bloodpoint benefit isn't actually that great. What's made BBQ and Chili so popular, on top of it being a decent aura effect, is that unlike the others above its bloodpoint bonus is applied after the caps. So whereas Beast of Fury might earn you maybe 1-2k extra bloodpoints per match (to bring from say 6k to 8k) BBQ and Chili is earning you an additional 20-32k per match.

• dugman
    edited July 2022
    Options

I don't use them. And I get that people like them for extra bloodpoints. I think that's a bad design philosophy for the game as a whole though. It causes people to intentionally run subpar perks for the match so they can artificially inflate their bloodpoints between matches. The game is better off removing those bonuses from perks entirely and putting those bonuses on the offerings and increased baseline amounts you earn in general.

So I'm not advocating for people earning fewer bloodpoints per match. I'm saying shift where those bonus bloodpoints come from to a different place.

• not_requested49
    Options

Wym u never heard of anyone using it? I use beast of prey all the time for my BP build, not all games you can max it out easily, especially with the cap being raised

If they only use bbq, its hardly a bloodpoint build lol

• not_requested49
    Options

Believe it or not, some people actually dont care about getting a 4k every match lol

• Blue_Foxy
    Blue_Foxy Member Posts: 14
    Options

bbq definitely needs a charnge, right now its just a worse version of scourge hook (i forgot the name but the one that shows every survivor's aura), yeah maybe its good because it doesnt require a scourge hook but 9/10 people will bring other scourge hooks so it doesnt really matte

• dugman
    Options

Totally irrelevant to whether or not its a good design model for purposes of game balance.

• dugman
    edited July 2022
    Options

Like I said, you’re the first person I’ve seen mention using Beast of Prey regularly for anything at all. And, like I also said above, the gain you get from it is minimal because of the cap.

P.S. Not only is it limited by the cap, it’s also part of the Hunter category which is probably the one that’s easiest to actually max out every match since you literally just have to find and chase survivors to get points in it. You get about 700 or so total points for the first four chases (assuming they last about 30 seconds) and 500 per chase after that, so after roughly 15 total chases it’s maxed. That’s chases, not downs, so as long as you’re staying in chases and the match lasts the average 8-10 minutes you’ll basically max it out.

• not_requested49
    Options

Its not minimal, it can mean the difference between getting full catagory or not

• dugman
    Options

It is minimal. As I mentioned in the P.S. above it’s gaining you maybe 1-2k at most. And Beast of Prey in particular is under the Hunter category which is chases making it maybe the easiest category to max out. You don’t even need to actually down or hook or use your powers or break anything to get Hunter points, you just have to be chasing survivors for about 7-10 minutes.

• not_requested49
    Options

Right but that 7-10 minutes becomes only 4 mins for you to max it

Theyre not for everyone i guess but i definitely like them, especially when im not tryharding for pips

Not every perk has to be meta tryhard perks

• Megmain80
    Megmain80 Member Posts: 138
    Options

Your logic doesn’t track. WGLF got the secondary effect because it’s almost never useful. It depends on a killer slugging and you having already taken a protection hit.BBQ with a hook activation is useful constantly, adding another effect would be over powering.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    edited July 2022
    Options

I mean, I respectfully disagree; not only does BBQ require hooking a survivor, it has a range requirement to only show auras outside 40m, and then it's only for a measly 4 seconds. With this in mind, now it is essentially completely outclassed by Floods of Rage except MAYBE on a handful of super mobile killers (e.g. Blight, Billy), and even then that's only arguable. It really needs some kind of additional effect to remain an even semi-useful perk.

Anecdotally, I would get a ton of use out of WGLF's 100% healing speed buff to downed survivors, regardless of the point increasing aspect of the perk, and this was before it got buffed.

The era of people comparing BBQ to WGLF is coming to and end, as they are no longer the "extra points" perks. However WGLF got a buff in compensation for the removal of its extra points mechanic, while BBQ didn't, and I believe this will just relegate BBQ to the dustbin of mediocre-at-best perks, unfortunately.

• dugman
    Options

Who said every perk has to be a meta perk? I said perks shouldn’t be balanced around bloodpoints since they have no impact on the match. That doesn’t mean I’m against perks that are situationally useful or whatever. (Beast of Prey’s effect happens to be really terrible, though, it could use a revamp.)

• Megmain80
    Megmain80 Member Posts: 138
    Options

My point is WGLF depends on a survivor being slugged and maybe that happens once or twice in a match, maybe not all. Anecdotally, I don't get much use from the fast pick-up speeds, now with the additional requirement of already taking a protection hit they needed to spice it up just a bit and I think that is fair.

BBQ is a perk used constantly and even though there is a range requirement it works in the natural course of a killer doing their thing, they don't need to do anything special to activate. Your suggestion would make BBQ way over tuned. I really don't think the pick rate will go down that much for this perk. All killers can make use of the aura reading - even on trapper I've found it to be very useful.

• not_requested49
    edited July 2022
    Options

I dont use beast of prey for the effect, i use it for the extra points

If they were to remove the point aspect, i wouldnt use it at all, it doesnt need to be changed in any way

Just becausr you dont like certain perks because they arent useful to you doesnt mean they shoukd be removed, especially when they dont do much to make it harder for you

Some people like running these types of perks, and some dont

If you dont like he perk, simply dont use it instead of trying to get it practically removed like bbq

• not_requested49
    Options

It was used constantly mainly for the extra bloodpoints

Now that it's gone, usage rates are going to drop dramatically, which is what they want ig

• dugman
    edited July 2022
    Options

You’re totally missing my point. I couldn’t care less if some people like a perk and some don’t, I’m saying perks being balanced by bloodpoints is bad for the game as a whole. And then if people aren’t getting enough bloodpoints just raise the amounts they get from other sources.

Or to put it another way, if they took those 1-2k bonuses you apparently like from Beast of Prey and instead just raised the amount of points you get per match by 1-2k and replaced the bloodpoint bonus on Beast of Prey with something else, why would you be against that?

• not_requested49
    Options

Because i actually want to run perks that would be meaningful, changing that would just be a spit in the face for nice killers that dont care about kills