We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What's a lesser known horror license you'd want to see added to DBD? Phantasm hype!

Options
ElleGreen
ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063

With all the hype around Phantasm what's another franchise, movie, show, or book you'd like to see In DBD? I really hope the devs consider Phantasm. I just watched the first 2 movies, and It really Is a great franchise and would fit perfectly In DBD.

Comments

• EternalSinOfCain
    EternalSinOfCain Member Posts: 132
    Options

The Puppetmaster Series. They already have the mechanics in place for him. The Twins mechanic for controlling a small diminutive Killer (Victor in this case), switching back and forth. He could also have all his Puppets, and you switch between which one you want to use. (Like how Clown switching between his slow down and speed up bottles.) Each Puppet has it's own ability.

• DrStone
    DrStone Member Posts: 132
    Options

Amnesia.

I know it's well known and one of the most iconic horror games out there, but I feel like it's not talked about that much these days, especially compared to the other horror games. Which is exactly why I want it. It really shook up the horror genre in gaming and I think it deserves the spot.

Also we could get a cool castle / dungeon map.

• ElleGreen
    Options

I've never heard of this it sounds cool Is It a show or movie?

• ElleGreen
    Options

That Is a really good Idea I don't think I have ever heard anyone who plays dbd mention it it would be super different and a castle map would be sick

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    edited July 2022
    Options

Phantasm rules.

I would be stoked to see The Tall Man with the Spheres, with Reggie as Survivor. Lots of possibilties for a neat power, with the drone style Spheres hunting down the survivors. Almost like a cross between The Twins and The Cenobite?

As a lifelong Horror Fan, I can confirm that Phantasm does belong in any self respecting Horror Hall of Fame.

As far as other Lesser known licenses...

Tony the Pimp from Demons! If you've not seen Demons and are a fan of balls to the wall carnage with an 80's heavy metal soundtrack. Then do yourself a favour and check it out!

Pumpkinhead or Rawhead Rex, because 9ft Tall Demons!

I've seen Matt Cordell from Maniac Cop on other wish lists (we could have Bruce Campbell as a Survivor again!!!)

I always thought that Blake from The Fog would be a great fit, especially with extra potential for additional fog mechanic...

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 789
    Options

Not REALLY lesser known but it'd be cool to have a dead space collab, although I don't know how it'd work.

• ElleGreen
    Options

I really hope we get Phantasm and all these movies sound cool Im gonna check them out The Fog and Pumpkinhead would be sick In dbd

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,178
    Options

Hm. Does „I Know What You Did Last Summer“ count as lesser known? I don’t see it often mentioned.. need Helen Shivers as surv!

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

OH! The Fog is AWESOME! 1980's John Carpenter Movie with Tom Atkins, Adrienne Barbeau, Hal Holbrook and Jamie Lee Curtis! Some genuinely creepy scenes, full of atmosphere and a couple of truly nerve shredding scenes. It's got a SICK Soundtrack to boot. Just don't mix it with the 2000s version, which sucks.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 393
    Options

Parasite Eve has always been very near and dear to my heart, and I feel there are a few characters in that series that would make interesting killers, and I'd love to see Aya as a survivor

• ElleGreen
    Options

No that one Is kinda Iconic! Helen Shivers would have the best chase perks. She should have been the Final Girl I know a lot of people would like her as a survivor. I have seen a few perk concepts for her all pretty cool...

• ElleGreen
    Options
  • LichQueen
    LichQueen Member Posts: 45
    Options

I wouldn't really call this "lesser known" but it's lesser known compared to Halloween A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc.. but I would love for them to add something Ice Nine Kills related into the game, they are a metalcore band who's last two albums have been based on horror movies. Adding Spencer Charnas (the vocalist) would give me a new main to play right away!

• ElleGreen
    Options

They like to work with vocalists for voices maybe they are on their radar.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

The Siren series.

I'm not good at describing the series and my memories a bit fuzzy not playing it for a while so excuse the bad explanation, but basically the characters have the ability of clairvoyance and can see through the eyes of others. This results in great moments like puzzles figuring out which Shibito (basically invincible zombies that can only be knocked down) has a key item, scary moments of finding out a Shibito is coming your way when you see yourself in their vision, etc.

Want this for two reasons, hope of a potential revival of the series if it gets in DBD (last game was in 2008), and I want to see how DBD could handle a clairvoyant survivor

• Viciusaurus
    Options

It's an older video game series developed in the late 90s/ early 2000s. It was about a young cop in New York who encountered mutated mitochondria that developed a hive mind and called itself Eve, and began using its influence to transform animals into hideous monsters and melt humans into muck. The second game was about hunting down and eliminating the remaining monsters in Nevada iirc, and how she discovers an organization similar to Umbrella trying to manufacture them

• ElleGreen
    Options

This sounds so cool. Imagine a perk that let's you see through the killers pov. This would make a really cool chapter.

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339
    Options

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited July 2022
    Options
    • I'm not sure how to do it well mechanically, but if they could figure it out an It Follows chapter would be pretty sweet!
    • I could thematically picture Behind the Mask: The Legend of Leslie Vernon as DLC, although again I'm not sure how to make him interesting mechanically. (It's an awesome movie though! I love the bit where he talks about how much cross training he has to do to gain distance on someone fleeing for their lives while looking like he's just walking casually.😄)
    • Tucker and Dale Vs Evil with Tucker and Dale as the survivors
    • The vengeful ventriloquist ghost and dolls from Dead Silence
    • The Deer Woman from Masters of Horror (Season 1 Episode 7)
    • I could maybe see them bringing in a killer from the Slasher series, they all kind of fit the mold.
    • The House or the Hotel from American Horror Story could be good maps. There's also various killers in the show, some of which might work.

• ElleGreen
    Options

It Follows and Behind the mask are such good movies and AHS has a lot of content perfect for dbd the new season looks cool

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,009
    Options

Its been said before but if they ever do a puppet style killer id rather have Childs play over Puppet Master even tho both are iconic 80s horror but you did say lesser known so lets see. The BloB it would be such a interesting idea tho theyd have to figure out how to do the goo physics in a game right

• ElleGreen
    Options

The Blob would be cool and super different they had those blobby glyph challenges so maybe

• Viciusaurus
    Options

I found it to be so! And fun fact, it's based off of a Japanese movie based off a book by the same names, although the games act as a continuation than a retelling.

• ElleGreen
    Options

Having a killer like Eve would be super cool Im gonna check out the game later I read a book similar to what you are describing

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Devs also said they'd never do clowns or non-human killers. But we have The Dredge and The Clown.

• ElleGreen
    Options
  • HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    edited July 2022
    Options

(Warning : slight spoilers for Sally Face, Bendy and the Ink Machine, Until Dawn and House of Ashes)

If we're speaking REALLY indie game, Sal Fisher from Sally Face. The game also has some kind of malevolent Entity and already has a door open to alternate dimensions, so lore-wise it could make sense.

It would, however, be another short young man with a kitchen knife, which is not that exciting since we already got both Legion and Ghostface.

Ink Demon Bendy from Bendy and the Ink Machine could be cool, but I think it would depend on another teleportation based mechanic and people are getting a bit tired of that after both Onryo and Dredge (also ink puddles would be similar to Freddy's blood puddles). It would fit Eerie of Crows well though !

W!Josh Washington from Until Dawn could be very cool, and it would be interesting how the mostly movement-based vision could be used as a mechanic. It would either be very cool or very annoying.

Come to think of the Dark Pictures Anthology, one of those vampires from House of Ashes could be cool as well, in the same vein as Dredge when it comes to beastly killers vs humans. It could have a sound enhancing perk, like hearing survivors' footsteps more easily, and an ability to infect survivors or feed (get a token based bonus) from downed survivors.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

Yeah dredge isn't really human like. More blobby with aspects of.... Horse 😂

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,168
    Options

Wishmaster

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419
    Options

For Killers I feel like most ideas have been beaten to death by many people so its hard to give an answer that nobody has mentioned yet, but for Survivor Alan Wake comes to mind or also the main character from Evil Within

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Pumpkin head.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

The little doll from Trilogy of Terror

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

Return of the Living Dead