Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What I don't like about the new update

I don't like the new leveling up sistem just beucase all of the event items I have on my character I have to lose and I started playing when the 4th year anniversary was close and know I really don't want to lose those items but I don't want to lose out on the new red background. Can't there be any other way of keeping the items and not losing any of the itmes.

Comments

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

If you have a friend and both of you have a ton of white wards, now is the time to use them

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

There's no way. If you still have to prestige, you can only have your items or your background.

I would say, keep the items, esp when there are vent offerings.

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516

What? Just unlock more perks, you don't have to prestige.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

you dont have to prestige. Just unlock every perk on characters, which teachables you´d like to share with the others (like Micaela and Boon Circle of Healing)

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,451
    edited July 2022

You can't get the red background without prestiging. I just prestiged from the moment I started playing since I'm a completionist so I never faced this dilemma.

If it makes you feel any better think about this: In a few years there will be lots of new killers and survivors without the red background even if you had them all now, making it look inconsistent and weird. Also, nobody else can see them.

And for the many-eth time, you will NOT lose anything automatically with the update! You keep everything you already have. The catchup mechanic won't take anything away from you.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

If you play on PC you can just mod the character portraits into anything you want, even the new red one if you wait for a bit for someone to release it. This makes them even more worthless than they are

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,948

The red background are for players who played the bloodpoint system to its limit, We sacrificed millions of bloodpoints, many items/offerings to get to P3.