I don't like the Bloodpoint incentives

So BHVR removed the bloodpoint bonus from WGLF and BBQ because people felt forced to run these perks to help them with the grind.

But now they are pretty much forced to play a role they might not even enjoy just to get the bonus?

Weird design choice

Comments

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 377

Running the perks did not help the community as a whole, though.

In theory, by incentivizing the more needed role, matchmaking will be quicker overall. So not as weird a choice as it might seem.

However it doesn't seem to be working great at the moment with longer matchmaking times than usual on the role with the bonus. It's only a few hours old though, and there may be some bugs to work out.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

Yeah, pretty dumb

It would have been better to bake the WGLF and BBQ bonus in the basekit AND offer the matchmaking incentive

But that would have made too much sense, so it's a no from BHVR

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited July 2022

so far I see way fewer people going for unhooks, most survivors linger on the hook until the second stage without anyone coming

nothing compared to the 3 people running to unhook i encountered in most games

as solo Survivor, i noticed that as well, it was always a RACE who unhooks first to get the bonus, now ... people rather finish their gens or heal instead of coming to unhook

I think bhvr forgot why they introduced the perks in the first place 😂🤣

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

As much as i love running bbq and will continue using it heavily (specially with the new lethal) it was basically limiting our perk slots to 3. I understand why they did what they did.