The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What do I do against teams that abuse lockers for free flashlight saves?

I was playing as a Bubba against at least a 3 man swf that were macro clicking and were actually very good at looping, but they would frequently go into lockers and be completely immune to me picking them up since their teammates were lingering in range to go in and get a completely free save, why is it survivor teams can just get in lockers and killers can't get them out of lockers and literally have to leave them.

Is the only counter Lightborn?

Comments

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

If I see more than one player with a flashlight in the waiting room, I use Lightborn. I also don't go after the 3 hanging out at the lockers. I go for the one that's doing gens because more than likely, the other 3 won't be doing them. The idea is to not play into their childish antics. Eventually they will screw up. One final thing... If you see them go into a locker, don't rush after them. Hang back and if you see them start to come up, rush in because you will most likely grab them. If not, a hit will suffice. I hope this helps the next time you come across one of these.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,427
    edited July 2022

Same energy as gigasabo squads. It's an oversight. You can do nothing while you slowly and surely burn through their charges. For double locker gamers that is.

The real solution is, if it's just 2 of them, focus on draining one of them dry. Also try to bait them into jumping out early if possible, maybe identify the weakest flashlight saver and try to make them mess up.

Wanna know how I'd fix it? Add a "slam" action to lockers. Slamming the locker runs a sped up "locker empty" animation, and prevents survs from leaving for 5 seconds, with a 10s cooldown.

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361
    edited July 2022

Leave them and chase someone else. That’s 2 people not doing gens lol. They give up if you ignore them

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’ve only had one group try this on me and I just ignored the locker twins and chased the people on gens. Got a 4k because the locker dudes weren’t doing gens at all.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

you can't do anything vs double locker save if survivors can hit the timing right,,ignore them and chse people on gens

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

Had this happen to me last week. I tried a couple times to see if they were solid at flashlights or were just practicing. They were solid at it. I changed my gameplan which was just downing them a bleeding them out. They were stupid enough to stop doing gens and then harass me with my slugged bodies. I ended up 3k by bleeding them out. Kind of the only solution sadly.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

Ignore OR play along. Flashlights will eventually run out of juice, and they won't do gens anyway

• Darkest_Night
    Darkest_Night Member Posts: 151

Lightborn, Franklin's Demise, Iron maiden, and maybe add in mad grit for extra funny value

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I'll just force them to burn out their flashlights

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Well, Lightborn is the easiest and most spiritual way of doing it. But slugging works too. You have to respect the locker unless they suck.