Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Rather BHVR stick to individual character styles, or have more outfit styles per character?

Blazelski
Blazelski Member Posts: 351

Personally, I find it rather annoying how, imo, certain characters (mostly survivors) get multiple really good cosmetics, and others repeatedly get the same cosmetics that are lame and interchangeable.

For instance, imo, Kate, Mikaela, and Feng, all get amazing cosmetics one after another, while Meg gets boring track stuff and different hairs with shaved sides, Nea gets different birds' nests for heads with chaotic clothes, and Claudette mostly gets paper bags to wear.

As for men, imo, only Dwight, Ace, and maybe David get good cosmetics, and two of those are because they are funny/tacky. Men's clothes are just inherently boring, and I wish they'd lean even more into the outlandish clothes for men, like we got with Jake's Prime outfit. Personally, I'd think it was cool if they just gave Adam or Jeff or Felix a dress to wear, if that's what it takes to get good/interesting outfits for the men.

Now that survivors are interchangeable for many, it seems like a good business decision as well to get different styles across the different survivors. What do you think?

Rather BHVR stick to individual character styles, or have more outfit styles per character? 15 votes

Characters keep their style, even if same-y/bland cosmetics
26%
GibberishCluelessHex_LlamaBothSidesEnjoyer 4 votes
Characters wear all kinds of styles, even if it means their wardrobe/personality theme is weaker
73%
brokedownpalaceTaigaMattie_MayhemOGmewmewGlamourousLeviathanRanchJuiceAurelleGressLiaLightKoffeyehqnyun 11 votes

Comments

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818
    Characters keep their style, even if same-y/bland cosmetics

In reality, I probably fall somewhere in the middle. I think part of good character design is having a consistent feel for the character, and making cosmetics that seem like something that particular individual would wear and/or they represent something about the character's personality. I actually think they've deviated too far from that with some of the more popular characters, but reasonable people can disagree.

On the other hand, I do think that some characters get cosmetics that don't look different enough to be worth wearing. I wish the designers would take more risks with the male survivors' fashion and stop giving them all a bunch of interchangeable pants with every outfit.