Lost teachables from the Demogorgon + Demo and Steve have their own perks only at tier 1

MakeThemScream
MakeThemScream Member Posts: 64

Step 1 : Prestige the Stranger Things Character Steve and Demogorgon to P1 before the mid-chapter update 2022, to get them to P3 after the update

Step 2 : Boot the game after the update

Step 3 : Look at the loadout of the other characters of the killers

Step 4 : Notice that none of the other killers have the Demogorgon Perks, although you already unlocked the teachables before the update. It was said, that you would not loose the teachables.

Step 5: Now look at Demogorgons Loadout.

Step 6: Notice he has his own perks only on Tier 1, although he is Prestige 3 after the update.

Step 7: Now go to Survivors and pick Steve.

Step 8: Notice in the Loadout, that he has his own Perks only at Level 1 although he is P3 now.

Step 9: Look at the loadout of the other survivors.

Step 10: Notice, that they have Steve's Perks at Tier 1 (which is correct, I guess, because I unlocked his teachables before the prestige; but I do want to add that I think it is unfair that they did not distributed at Tier 3 as all other character specific perks)

I want to add that this did not occur for Nancy, because I had her on Prestige 3 long before the update. Her perks were distributed at Tier 1 on characters, who had not have her perks before.

Additional Information

PC, Steam

I already created a support ticket, since I view this as a progression loss.

1 votes

Not a bug · Last Updated

Comments

• Mystaria13
    Mystaria13 Member Posts: 495

they are not their teachable perks anymore they are considered base perks like we’ll make it and noed, this happened to everyone and is intended… I thought it was crazy too I had them p3 50 before update but even characters that had their perks only have t1 after update, it was intentional because it’s base perk now and not a teachable since the stranger things chapter left.

• MakeThemScream

Then why did it happen to Demo and Steve in a different way? As I wrote, the Demo Perks were not distributed at all, while the Steve Perks were at Tier 1.

And I read a lot of complains that the Perks were not distributed at Tier 3, but none that they were not distributed at all. This is a different bug report than the others.

Who flagged this now as not a bug, someone Form bhvr? I need answers.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,366

They are now generic perks, so you don't get them at P3 automatically, you have to buy them for each charater in the bloodweb, same as with Spine Chill and such. The only difference is that if you have the Stranger Things chapter, you retain the artwork and the Stranger Things character names on them. It's not a bug, it's how they are done since the removal of the Stranger Things chapter.

So yes, someone at BHVR flagged it as Not a bug because it is in fact, not a bug.

• MakeThemScream

I understand that. My point is, that the killer character from the DLC and the survivor character perks were clearly treated differently. Why is nobody understanding this?

Demogorgons Perks are only available to other killers through the Bloodweb. You say, this is how it is intended.

But: Nancys and Steves Perks I now have on all my other survivor characters at Tier 1, even the ones that did not have them before the update. So I guess these perks should be available through the bloodweb also? And then the bug is, that these perks were distributed to every survivor.

And the second thing is that the P1'd characters from that DLC have their own perks only at level 1, although they are P3 now. This cannot be how it was intended. Am I being punished for buying the DLC now? I will never buy a licenced DLC ever again, if this will happen to all of their perks, because that is just unreliable.

• Mystaria13

Yeah I had them all p3 50 right after they came out and didn’t get any of the t3 perks on any character except the ones’ that had every perk on the game, but they can’t they don’t have that license anymore and stated that they were base kit perks Like spine chill, we’ll make it, no one left behind etc…. And to be honest we’re lucky we got to keep the characters so it’s not punishment they literally just can’t because they are not their perks anymore.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

Those perks became general pool perks well before this update; it even says that on their character info sheets. The perks are no longer tied to the characters. Period. Anyone you had the perks on before will sill have then, but everyone else will have to grind a handful of blood webs on each character to get them. As you would for any general pool perks you don't have already on that character.

• MakeThemScream

Please, can you read my comment entirly and then answer? I got that they became common perks before the update. But then there is a bug with Nancys and Steves Perks. Who I got on all my other survivors on Tier 1. You all say that should not have happened.

• MakeThemScream

This is off topic, but players saying "you should be lucky you still have the characters/perks at all" is the reason why game companies get through with this. No, I do not feel lucky. I paid money for the characters and for the perks and until the DLC was revoked, I always got to keep the content. If anything BHVR should consider only doing lizences, that cannot get revoked by their contract partners. Because that is a cheap cash grab. You are then able as a gaming company to put pressure on your player base to buy the DLC right now, because "cannot get it later". This whole "you are only buying a specific period of time to use this content, not the content" is crap and only costs the player more and more money.

• Mystaria13

Every licensed killer and survivor that we have in dbd has to have an ongoing license and we could lose them at anytime. They have never lost a license before stranger things and there are rules and laws they have to follow And they can not associate those perks with the characters or hawkins or they risk a lawsuit so regardless it is what it is and complaining won’t change the reality. I heard stranger things are coming back and if it ever does you’ll automatically get the t3 perks but no seems to realize they didn’t have to give everyone the t1 perks on every character but instead made you have to get all three tiers off the blood web. I was upset at first about the t1 Perks till I researched and have all the info and know they can’t without lawsuit risk.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited August 2022

So wait, you are complaining because you don't have to get that first level of the perks on all your survivors?