Kinship should be slightly changed and made basekit.

Negi
Negi Member Posts: 378

The idea is good. 30'ish extra seconds on hook when conditions are met, but triggering when another survivor is in range and only on the 2nd hook state? Weird conditions and too niche. Triggering when the killer is in range instead and on both hook states? Much better and would make camping more detrimental.

Could be tweaked further for workarounds but I don't think anyone would argue that we've needed an anti-camp measure for a while now. Especially now that gens take longer.

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,332

I think your idea is a good start, but with certain killers and on certain maps the killer would have basically no chance to acually evade the hook, even if they want to. There are perks that bloat up the killers terror radius to enormous sizes, why should they be punished for this?

But yes, Kinship basekit, and the perk version gives it to both hook stages and maybe extends the range or gives a notion to the other survivors that its in blace, so that they can act accordingly and greed it a bit.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,078

You know it’s already broken and banned in comp right ?

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,078
    edited July 2022

I love this perk, very underrated.

It’s very good and underrated, you seem stuck in low MMR so you don’t know.

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228

I would make this perk basekit for survivors and change it like this: while hooked if killer is 16 metres near of you and not chasing anyone, hook timer pauses. That would solve camping really well.

• Babalonkie
    Babalonkie Member Posts: 153

I think survivors have had enough perks turned into basekit...

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,317

I just want it to at the very least inform other survivors that it's in play. When someone gets hooked 2nd hook, show an icon or something that makes it clear the person on the hook has it, so everyone knows they can play around it and they actually have more time to save (or in the case of that kinda camping, more time to slam gens) than the bar might make them think. Because it's genuinely a perk that does its job well, but it requires teamwork and it should really show itself so people actually have a slight chance to want to use it outside of SWF.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390

I like this. Just have it deactivate if you're the last survivor remaining as to not waste both you and the killers time.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 388

So a killer who hooks a survivor in their 3 Gen zone should what? Be forced to cross the map because it’s more “fun”?

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited July 2022

I've been using kinship for like 10 games and came to that conclusion. I think a slower progression is in X range would be fine. Then have the freeze in the second. I do think it should take into account if there is a high progress gen or hex totem in the area if it is base kit.

Gosh golly what do you think the solution to that issue would be? A range where if hex totem or high progress gen is within X range it doesn't activate. Boom, fixed. Now can we stop using that as an excuse for people that actually want to hard camp just for the sake of it cause they set out to do so from the beginning or gave up on pressuring gens?

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,426
    edited July 2022

We had this before, survivors will abuse this.

They will contest the hook, but not actually go for the save. The killer now either stays and gives any survivor on a gen 30 extra free seconds just for defending against it, or is forced to leave and risk a free unhook.

You shouldn't punish killer's for defending against the save. If you can solve that issue then maybe.

This also means the person on hook just gets camped for an additional 30 seconds each hook state, not great for them either.

"not in chase" is not a good solution. You can be pretty close without getting in chase, the chase range is only 12 meters. There can easily be a "oh I'm going for the save, jk, oh I'm going in" back and forth like we already have in game now where a chase never starts.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

DBD players when they don’t realize BHVR doesn’t add a way to stop/increase/slow the hook timer because it’s insanely overpowered and abusable:

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

Mechanics like that don't work because survivors use any defense intended mechanic as an offensive action. In this example loop at tiles near a hooked teammate and enjoy freezing the hook timer/adding time to it.

Clearly the intent is to combat camping which I totally think is good, but you also just gave survivors a weapon to use vs non camping killers