HOW TO ACTUALLY FIX GENRUSHING, TUNNEL, CAMPING // by NATARDRACK

Options
Nathandrack
Nathandrack Member Posts: 13
edited July 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
/// (NOT NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER) ///

Hello DEAD BY DAYLIGHT team, I am writing this post to give you several ideas on how you can solve the 
problems that afflict your game (GENRUSHING, TUNNELING, CAMPING)

I have played competitively the vast majority of game genres that exist, and I have a lot of experience, 
I reached high ranks in both LOL, CS GO, AOE2 and 3, FIFA, RL, and DBD, I mean, I understand how 
competitive games work

The advice I am going to give you is around SOLO Q, DBD is a great game but I think you should make 
the following changes:

1. You should remove from the game the option: ESCAPE / Exit the game when someone is already playing. 
Or like in other competitive games, you should put warnings and precautions to those who try to disconnect 
in this way, claiming the punishments they will receive if they do so.

And if someone's internet is disconnected or their power goes out, you should add an 
automatic bot of the character, who will play instead of the affected user. The user must 
be able to reconnect to the game again where the BOT is, and if someone does not reconnect,
 he/she cannot start searching a new game until the one he abandoned is finished (put 
penalty of points of rank, penalty of time when they cannot play, and a penalty IN THE GAIN 
OF BLOOD POINTS IN THE NEXT MATCHES if they do not reconnect again or they spent too much 
time reconecting)

2. (VERY IMPORTANT) The 4% must be removed, and the one who is hooked must not have the 
possibility of committing suicide

3. New HOOK mechanic: when a survivor is hooked, they must be teleported with an animation,
 to another hook relatively close to a survivor (not in front of him, but close) and far 
from the killer (if the team is really bad and they don't take him/her out of the hook, in 
that case the killer can camp it) something like pyramid head special hook.

4. New system of MMR and RANKS/GRADES according to: they must add ranks according to the skill of 
the player (now there are more meta perks than before)

5. YOU SHOULD ADD A HISTORY MATCH AND A PUBLIC PROFILE OF THE PLAYER
To know how good a killer is, and how good a survivor is, etc.

6. (VERY IMPORTANT) You must add information icons during the game, so that the players in the solo Q 
know what each member of the team is doing

7 (VERY IMPORTANT). ADD an extra gen THAT SURVIVORS MUST REPAIR 6 INSTEAD OF 5./// You should reduce 
the repair time to 65 sec and halve the speed buff when 2 survivors repair together, reduce it to 
an only 20% (it's boring to repair 1 min and 30 seconds) 
- PLUS: add a new mechanic of opening the gate doors, and make them quite difficult for 
the survivors to open and escape, in this way the killers do not have worry anymore about 
the genrushing
And in that way, there will be a lot more late game perks and builds (about door opening)

/// YOU SHOULD TEST THIS CHANGES WITH YOUR DATA, I think the average first survivor killed 
should be when only there's only one gen more to repair, SO if the average is at that time,
new people that plays the game last more until they lose

8. Door opening should be changed from 16 seconds to 65 seconds
- Put 3 doors in total, but only 1 CAN be opened at the same time
- And if one door is being opened but the killer comes, and then someone else starts to open 
the other one, the "energy" of the first one that is no longer being opened begins to go back (that 
way the survis must be more coordinated to be able to escape), AND ONCE THE DOORS ARE 
OPENED, THEY ONLY LAST 20 SEC, THEN THEY CLOSE AGAIN 
Survivors who haven't escaped must either search for the trapdoor or open the doors themselves 
again, but the action takes less time (20 sec)

PLUS1: Exit doors must be at the end of where they are right now, i.e. the doors must be 
right on the line that determines if a survivor escaped or not is the current match, in 
that way you prevent the killer being stuck inside the door if the door close after 20 sec.

PLUS2: You should add the possibility of putting Bots in custom games

Thanks and greetings from Argentina (We are going to win the 2022 World Cup in Qatar with 
MESSI)

Have a nice day 

Post edited by Nathandrack on

Comments

• TinoTheThortino
    TinoTheThortino Member Posts: 35
    Options

The hook feature I think It's interesting; also adding another gen with less repair duration is not a bad idea but the game needs some new features to be funnier and innovative (something like totems or similar, but strongly required in order to escape).

I just contest the last point, the doors: 65 seconds to open a gate can be actually good, but they can't close after just 20 seconds, It's terribly annoying, even if there's another door in the trial.

I know survivors need some coordination but this motivates them to play in SWF and that's not so good.

• Nathandrack
    Options

Yes bro, you are right. I like the idea of the totems too.

I'm writing a new post about something similar to what you said at the last part

The game needs a new gamemode. I am thinking of a 2 vs 7 gamemode

It will make DBD gain a lot of new people, and it will make killer premade posible.

I also have some ideas to deny camping and tunneling in that new gamemode, I think it can work

I will post it tonight or tomorrow.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

you have nice ideas but the only thing i find concerning is the hook teleport. first the idea itself isnt bad and many people say the hooks should do that. i dont think thats a good idea personaly but thats not important. what concerns me is that you explicitly say teleporting near a survivor. why near a survivor? isnt that basicly a free unhook without any danger? then we could just delet the whole hook machanic and just say after a down the survivor respawns on a random position

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387
    Options

i love the change to prevent hook suicides

i always wanted bots to take the place of disconnected players, coupling that with a reconnect feature is a really good idea.

not too sure about the hook teleporting mechanic, would need to see it on a ptb maybe

mmr needs a rework, everybody knows that except BHVR because we are applying hockey rules, a symetrical game, to an asymetrical game

a match history would be nice, not sure if it s really needed but more is more is better

while information icons are a good start i think there needs to be more than them

Not too sure on the changes to doors and generators, again would need to see them tested on a ptb

some good ideas, some ideas that would need to be tested first because in theory they dont sound bad but they might be completely atrocious when actual players play them.

also very fancy post

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,209
    Options

Except the other survivor state point, which is a recurring idea, everything else is not an option.

1. is pointless
    2. prevents survivors to try to self-unhook which has saved countless of us. Reducing options isn't good.
    3. absolutely not, this is breaking so many things I shouldn't have to enumerate them
    4. easier said than done. There is a good reason the MMR doesn't work properly.
    5. pointless in this context
    6. recurring proposition, the devil in the details though
    7. no, for oh so many reasons
    8. maps are built before the match. If I understand what you propose, it will not happen
    9. already in the pipeline
  • Nathandrack
    Options

Well that's why they have PTB, and also they can add one thing per update to test them.

But I assure you this will make the game more healthy, and I hope BHVR listen his community

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

I disagree with all other than number 4, but matchmaking is hard to really figure out so it would take a long time

• Nathandrack
    Options

I mean something similar to pyramid head special hook, survivor still have to run after the hooked survivor, and they still have to lose time, but if they are quicly enough they can unhook him without being traded in the hook by a Bubba who is camping

Sure, if their teammates do nothing and the killer realizes it, they can still camp them, but at least they have a chance.

• HeehoRacketeer
    HeehoRacketeer Member Posts: 90
    Options

So I and many others would like the idea of a "party mode" where it's extra killers and survivors. But I'm gonna say that + 1 killer and +3 survivors is not a fair matchup. It'd be better if it was 2 v 8, that way both killers have a nice and even 4 survivors to prey upon. Maybe keeping the standard 1 v 4 option in-game, but having another 1 v 4 party in the same map. Since both killers have their own group to terrorize, you'd have to make it so that while both can go after the other's survivors; they'd be "incentivized" to pursue their group.

Couple of problems with this whole thing tho:

1: map size. Some maps are not big enough to allow for two sets of 1 v 4 to be active at once, leaving a narrow map pool only having the large maps that can accommodate or some game being too cramped.

2: powers/perks. I'd be willing to bet that some powers and perks are not meant to have double the effective usage. Myers would have twice as much T3, Pig would have too few RBTs, Trapper/Hag does not have enough traps to occupy everything etc. I don't even know where to begin with perks, but if they require some interaction with another player to activate; they'd more than likely be going off or maxing out twice as fast.

3: match progression. With more than 4 survivors, still requiring 5 gens to be completed would not work out. If survivors grouped in 2s, and each killer can only mess with 1 group at a time, then gens would be popping even quicker (90 charges or not). We'd need more gens required to power the gates and I highly doubt survivors would want to repair even more gens than already required.

There may be more to mention, but you probably get the idea. As sad as it is to say: dbd as it currently stands is not meant for a party mode.