Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dredge Nightfall is too dark

2»

Comments

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

i think what they wanted to do is give the dregde the edge when nightfall activates but there is only so much you can to with buffs. nightfall is trying to make the killer stronger in chase by making it harder for the survivor to navigate the map and loop so how to achieve that with buffs? sure you could make him better in chase by buffing his speed and things like that but how do you make it harder for survivors to travel the map and find gens wich is part of the power other then taking there vision away?

• ryokoryu
    ryokoryu Member Posts: 193

For everyone saying it should be this way there is another aspect of it to consider. As a visually impaired player when nightfall happens I can't see anything. I can literally be running right into a wall, hit it and still can't see it. I am already playing the game at a disadvantage and this killer piles on. It isn't a fun killer to play against, if it's dredge I have to make the choice between playing agaInst a killer I have no way of building a skillset to counter or taking a timeout for DCing there is zero fun factor, at least if the darkness within a certain range was less that would be something I might be able to work with. When a killer is made unbeatable because of a disability and there is no way of blocking being put against that killer but the rest of the game is not that way then that part of the game should be optional.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,081

I mean by that logic shouldn't my flashlight also light the way? lol

• Neyar
    Neyar Member Posts: 65

My problem with nightfall isn't the darkness, it's the screaming and crying ambiance being too loud. Especially toward the end of nightfall it ramps up a lot.

Blind me as the player or deafen me, but not both at once. It's a video game, the only sensory inputs we get are video and sound.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

Thrilling...

• ThePrizz
    ThePrizz Member Posts: 111

Dredge has one of the best designs in terms of ambiance/audio cues/gameplay in the game. He's such a well done killer and the way nightfall works is one of the main reasons for that.

It's funny that you people complain about not being able to see WHEN THAT'S THE POINT OF IT !!!!

A good killer needs to keep survivors on their toes, doing it by either being able to pup up unexpectedly, by different audio cues that might scare them, or by impairing their vision. A very good killer does all of that.

Not only that, but you're complaining about a mechanic that the Dredge player needs to work for in order to get any benefit from it, you're acting like nightfall is a constant thing all game long. It's supposed to impair your vision in order to give Dredge an advantage that he worked for.

Stop being such crybabies

• ryokoryu

No offense but you are probably one of those people that thinks a passive I win condition is good gameplay. This ability takes significant amounts of skill out of the game especially for players like me who have pre-existing health limitations that make this killer impossible to play against. This is the only killer in the game that if I know I am against it I just find the killer get hooked on purpose and suicide on hook. There is no way for me to intelligently play against this killer, there is no way to develop skill against this killer and then to last long enough for him to cross the map and down 4 healthy survivors with absolutely no intelligent play from the survivors other than don't play. this is even impossible on some maps which have no deadzone for locker aura reading. Combine this with the no terror radius that he gets when locker teleporting even nightfall is not active and taking away all terror radius during nightfall. This isn't a horror movie, it's a game based on horror tropes. In a game pvp like it is, introducing an advantage that has no counterplay is just bad. This is also ignoring that it's too dark for me playing as the killer also. Nightfall as the killer I just run into walls and the like. this is an accessibility issue with no workaround currently in game and this killer pops up about 1/3 of the time in matches so that means 1/3 of the time I get screwed with no recourse.

• ryokoryu

As other's have stated before darkening more for away but less close-up would be a good place to start, not everyone sees the same and some of you are likely fine and can't see how it's so hard for those of us with worse eyes than you.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979
    edited August 2022

Some maps seem to be more dark than others. Like Shelter Woods or Wrecker's Yard. I can feel my eyes strain when the lights turn back on. After 3 games in a row of Dredge I think it triggered a headache for me. Wish Nightfall ending wasn't such a fast transition so my eyes wouldn't strain.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

People asked for the darkness to work as it does now.

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

It most definitely is not. It's the only part of this game that has actual horror anymore and it needs to stay exactly as is.

• ryokoryu

People are clearly asking for it to be changed too. Saying people asked for something that some people did and others did not makes it sound like almost everyone likes it wants it and other's be damned. I doubt this Is true. The nightfall does not feel "Scary" it just feels like a cheap shot that is upmost of the time because there is no counterplay. It is too intense, is causing people physical problems, exacerbates other's health problems. There are real life conditional reasons to change the implementation for a failed go at something. What if Trickster came out with a strobe effect on his power that caused seizures? would your response be "He's a pop star, it adds ambiance" and tell the epileptics in game to just deal with it? The company would again be liable for lawsuits for selling a game that did not have that problem to people, adding it in without a way to bypass it.

• ryokoryu

No it isn't, it is not scary, it does not add atmosphere, it just stops you from playing the game for a section of time and makes absolutely no sense from a mechanical perspective.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

So difficulty seeing isnt fun now? Man that's a lot of horror games out the door i guess.

• MilDal
    MilDal Member Posts: 1

Or you can walk and try to pay attention to your close environnment to survive. Stop saying you can't play with nightfall, and mechanically it does make sens as you are desorientated an less effective in chase.

• ryokoryu

Actually I can't pay attention to the close objects I literally can't see them. That's what I keep pointing out. I can't see the ground I am standing on, I can literally be running into a wall and can't see it's there. the only things I can see is my character, the occasional white outlines of a team mate and when he get's right on top of me the killer. If I play as the killer when nightfall happens I can't take advantage of it because again I can't see the environment, even the close by. read the full content of the back and forth comments before responding to a response. I can't play with nightfall due to visual impairment IRL others suffer from medical issues similar to mine and being told suck it up it makes sense is asinine. It causes physical pain to some people. I don't play Deadspace because the whole game is this way. DBD was not this way until this killer. This killer causes issues with people that bought this game when it wasn't a part of this game. I did my research on the cames functionality when I bought it, Freddy was new back then and nothing at all pointed to anything in-game causing a problem like this that stops me being able to play the game. This can be fixed by changing the implementation of it to be functionally similar yet less punishing for those with visual or neurological conditions that make this completely bad for them. and yes I stand by my statement you quoted also. If you get scared because of a loss of light and the sound effects there are plenty of games that have that. This one did not until now and not being able to bypass it with the ability to turn off the chance of having to deal with it means the game becomes dangerous to some peoples health and for some of us effects us more than the developers intended to the point of unplayability.

The defense of it seems to come from people effected by this as intended by the devs and the complaints seem to mostly come from people that have physically painful reactions to it and those who have conditions that make the power effect them more than others. The ones who experience it as intended seem to be missing that fact or don't care. They are willing to sacrifice the ability to play the game in the first place of others for a little bit more immersion without regard for the years of time and friendships built by those who can't up and lost for no good reason. This is not a fault of the players with these conditions and the non-consideration and dismissal is infuriating, insulting, and diminishing. I already play this game at a disadvantage and then this comes along and breaks 1 out of every 4 matches. When the same ends can be achieved by different and less problematic setup and the rest of you experiencing no issues are dead set against us all we hear is I am more important than you in all ways. Our experience does not matter as long as yours remains unchanged. It isn't ok to force us out to satisfy your aesthetics.

• ryokoryu

or vision impairments or neurological issues. The way nightfall works causes issues with a lot of conditions in a similar way strobing lights trigger seizures