Part of the Reason (solo) survivors are losing so often

Every game I lose as survivor, I see multiple teammates running bad perks. We don't live in the era of DBD where survivors can run whatever perks they want and still do alright anymore, and killers who aren't high tier have to stack slowdowns to win.

The roles have reversed. If you are not running strong perks, you will lose. If you are fine with that, keep running whatever you want. But if you actually want to win, you have to run the good perks.

Comments

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Sprint Burst, overcome, lithe

Off the record

Adrenaline, prove thyself, circle of healing, BT, windows of opportunity, kindred, and unbreakable are all good perks

• BlazePyron2
    BlazePyron2 Member Posts: 145

i'm having a lot of fun using my personal fave survivor perks now that the meta build of dh, ds, bt, sc has gone by the wayside.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Yes there are. There arent any busted survivor perks now though.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,830

No where near as good as the old meta but there are some useful ones.

OTR, BT, Unbreakable, Prove Thyself, Deliverance, CoH, Kindred, Bond, Rookie Spirit, Sprint Burst, Lithe, Overcome, Windows of Opportunity, Adrenaline, Lucky Break, WGLF, Repressed Alliance, Vigil, We'll Make It, For the People, Alert.

Again, not as strong as the previous meta but still some solid choices.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

There are still super strong perks left people were just meta slaves and only ran DH DS BT IW when sprint burst, prove thyself, and deliverance existed.

• EternalSinOfCain
    EternalSinOfCain Member Posts: 132

Meanwhile I'm doing just fine running We'll Make It, Lightweight, Flashbang, and Iron Will. Flashbang into Iron Will and Lightweight and the killer is going "Who, what, where?" half the time. The other half of the time it's enough of a distraction to make it to another loop. We'll make it for hook saves cause a lot of Killers are enjoying Mangled these days.

I feel like Survivor's these days have no idea how to do anything then use perks that are just "freebies" that require no thought.

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454

so perks = skill??

sorry but if you can loop then there no need for the "meta"

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,197

Not exactly true. My builds are always randomized, and have still escaped with other survivors.

Moreover, it's to do with player skill. A survivor can have the 4 best perks going, yet still lose. Alternatively, a survivor with no perks can still have a chance of escaping if they are skilled at navigating obstacles, mindgames and employing unpredictability.

Perks help, but without skill they are useless.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,176

Sounds overtly dramatic. Non of my builds would have been considered meta at any time, yet they are good enough (and more importantly: fun to use) to carry me. Of course I don't win/survive every game, but most of the time I have fun and enjoying myself.

When I die it isn't because my teammates were running bad perks, it was because I either messed up, the killer camps me to death or (most often) my teammates do anything of the likes of a) self-healing for an extraordinary amount of time, b) hiding in a bush, waiting for the golden opportunity that never comes, c) doing a gen while I die on hook d) sacrifice themselves.

My three go-to builds are

1) Bond, Kindred, Open Handed, BT

2) Blast Mine, Red Herring, Quick n Quiet, Head On

3) Overcome, Quick n Quiet, Inner Healing, Lucky Break.

• DCh4rlie
    DCh4rlie Member Posts: 66
    edited July 2022

This! Thank you.

Also whenever I play soloQ, I figure most of the time players die not because they're super bad in chase but bc they simply don't have gamesense and make bad decisions at the worst possible time.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

No amount of skill is gonna win you the game against a blight or nurse running 4 slowdown perks that consistently 3 hooks and kills anyone who makes grunts of pain when they come off the hook, indicating a lack of OTR.

You cannot win the match in the amount of time it takes.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Perks > Skill.

A hard truth, many people are starting to realize now. Now that the old meta perks require some actual skill and people without it fail hard.

Anyway, now is a great moment to test new perks and play wacky loadouts to have fun and find a new meta.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

I had a teammate tonight who used the new Self-Care completely unaware of how much time it was eating. Lost us the match.

Most of my solo games where we lost, escape was within reach. So I think that it'll all settle after a few weeks once MMR kicks in or whatever.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I have to admit, I have been struggling a bit with the self care nerf. I actually couldn't save someone in time because the heal took so long. They died right as I made it; and I took the hit to get there faster for a hook trade. It is insane how bad self care is now. All those people saying I was throwing games for running it, well, they were wrong then. But now? Maybe they are onto something.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Self-Care without Botany is literally a meme.

Kinda like Ruin tbh

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    edited July 2022

What do you mean with "losing"? Not escaping?

Actually I came to the conclusion that there's no point trying to escape anymore as a solo survivor. There are two reasons for that:

1. You get more BP by rushing the unhooks than by doing gens. The BP you get for doing gens should be increased, it makes no sense otherwise.
    2. SoloQ is unbalanced, most soloQ survivors know they probably won't escape, so why sweat? They are not really trying to do gens, instead they rush hooks and fool around.
  • bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454

yes you can, you just dont know how to loop & abuse broken tiles and windows instead of going pallet to pallet.

it takes longer sure but its still possible, the only problem is that it gets tedious and fighting an uphill battle every single game in soloQ can be really baaad.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

It's just people trying to find the new great perks that suits them, I think.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Me on my way to "abuse" Midwich after the Nurse took us there.

• TinoTheThortino
    TinoTheThortino Member Posts: 35

Removing Prove Thyself from the list, all the other perks and builds are fine.. the main problem is to manage all the gens quickly.

More time you're in the trial, more easier the killer can achieve a 4K and more perks you need in order to get time for your teammates.

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417

Dude yes!! Finally a Survivor who isn't so dramatic about the midchapter and realizes yeah, maybe free DS, Unbreakable and Dead Hard weren't fun to fight most games. Being rewarded for making mistakes.

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417

Why don't you... Just, bring a medkit? Why did you try to go for the unhook after self caring for OVER 40 SECONDS, why didn't you use Circle of Healing?

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    edited July 2022

Isn't it ironic how this meta rework only made things even sweatier? They tried to open up the pool of viable perks but in the end they only did the opposite. Soon we'll be seeing the same 4 perks being picked on everyone else once the experts have figured out the most optimal build for survival against these new odds.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

They managed to mix it up, I don't think there is anything ironic.