DC penalties should be harsher, and the first DC should be 30 minutes, not 5.

5 minutes is nothing, you can use that time to take a dump or grab a snack.

Comments

• CodeDB
    CodeDB Member Posts: 272

What about people who have to DC because of hackers holding the game hostage? Or if it actually is a fluke outage?

I don't think the first disconnect should be punished harsher but the past few days have clearly shown there needs to be some harsher punishments in general. I think the system should remember how many disconnects you have for longer than 24 hours (or whatever it is right now). If you get 5 disconnects in a rolling 6 month period, 30 minute minimum ban at that point. Plus maybe a flag on survivor in lobby to allow others to dodge if needed.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

A flag to let people know someone DC's a lot would be lovely.

I think the effects should last for a week bare minimum, with it starting off at 10 minutes, then 30, then 2 hours, 12 hours, 48 hours, and then a week long ban.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 611

If they did this, no one would ever get into a match, because people are either DC banned or dodging lobbies.

Leave penalties as they are.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,484

Accidental DC's do happen sometimes, not everyone has a wired connection. If you wanna change like the third dc penalty to be higher than be my guest, but definitely don't change the first penalty timer.

• tamsmi
    tamsmi Member Posts: 30

if people are in a miserable solo queue game that feels impossible they wont stay in it. make the dc penalty longer and they will just kill themselves on hook. fix it so they cant kill themselves on hook and they will just afk all game or take the now longer dc penalty and play something else entirely. making dc times longer is not the answer. improving the game so that solo q teammates wont feel the need to dc would probably be a better solution

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I doubt it since DC penalty actually manages to stop people from DCing, punish them and they will play like normal for most of the time.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

This would place DBD as one of the Harshest DC penalties in online gaming. Not even proper competitive games are that strict.

What could possibly make you feel this is needed?

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    edited July 2022

No thanks

3 days (72 hours) is more than enough

• MadEyePopo
    MadEyePopo Member Posts: 138

I would be happy just to get a bigger Disconnect Bonus to compensate me.

I realize this may create an issue where people play like punks just to trigger someone to DC to award the extra points but I still believe in people enough to not be like that.

The best solution would be to substitute DC players with a bot so the game can continue and players can't deny the killer a Scourge Hook by immediately disconnecting while being carried.