The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

RUIN is crutch?

Comments

• fedup
    fedup Member Posts: 30

funny, you can do everything right and get rekt by bbq, but its not broken for you.
    btw i have been pointed out thet there are millions of counters, not the counters explicit. hiding behind gens for bbq? that means prediction of the perk and time waste, and having a gen near. it means no sneaking to unhook or being around or hiding to get hatch

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@ScottJund said:
    Then you could make the same argument that "Ruin stops survivors from taking advantage of gen rushing." I don't even think Ruin is overpowered, I'm just showing your argument isn't very strong.

Gen rushing is a symptom of a bigger problem (lack of objectives). Ruin is just a band-aid solution. Neither has anything to do with what I said.

• Orion

@fedup said:
    funny, you can do everything right and get rekt by bbq, but its not broken for you.
    btw i have been pointed out thet there are millions of counters, not the counters explicit. hiding behind gens for bbq? that means prediction of the perk and time waste, and having a gen near. it means no sneaking to unhook or being around or hiding to get hatch

If you get rekt by BBQ, you did something wrong. Counters are supposed to take up resources; don't expect free hand-outs every time.
    Some counters:

• Hide behind a generator.
    • Hide inside the radius where it doesn't work.
    • Juke the Killer by going in one direction and then turning around after the aura reading has passed.
    • Hide in a locker (coming soon).
    • Use Distortion (coming soon).
  • Orion

@ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:
    Then you could make the same argument that "Ruin stops survivors from taking advantage of gen rushing." I don't even think Ruin is overpowered, I'm just showing your argument isn't very strong.

Gen rushing is a symptom of a bigger problem (lack of objectives). Ruin is just a band-aid solution. Neither has anything to do with what I said.

Gen rushing is the killer's lack of doing anything to threaten survivors who are completing their objective. The only issue is the first hook. As soon as there is a single hook, there are now other objectives for the survivors. Ruin helps with that first part.

Go look up the depip squad's experiment. Gen rushing has little to do with what the Killer does.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

@fcc2014 said:
    I personally don't care about what the killer or survivor uses as perks/addons/or offerings. I just deal and move on. They earned it and should use it how they see fit.

And I kinda regret dumping a million bloodpoints on the Hag (a killer I've played twice) just to earn a perk I never use, on any killer. Shoulda Woulda, but I find those dead rabbits much more powerful than Ruin.

And I agree completely, if I face you some time and you decide to use DS, SB, SC, Alert, and an Instaheal, so be it, no crying. Should I expect you to equip yourself to maximize your chances to get slaughtered instead?

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

Gen rushing is the killer's lack of doing anything to threaten survivors who are completing their objective. The only issue is the first hook. As soon as there is a single hook, there are now other objectives for the survivors. Ruin helps with that first part.

Go look up the depip squad's experiment. Gen rushing has little to do with what the Killer does.

Their experiment is extremely outdated, from a time when killer was far weaker, and wasn't even relevant when it wasn't outdated. Absolutely no one plays like that.

• Terratoast
    Terratoast Member Posts: 126

So what would be considered a "crutch"? If it's anything that someone considers powerful, wouldn't killer choice also be considered a "crutch" if you pick a high tier killer?

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

Their experiment is extremely outdated, from a time when killer was far weaker, and wasn't even relevant when it wasn't outdated. Absolutely no one plays like that.

Idk where ur playing DbD (NA I guess?) but EU players are absolutely tryhards, especially from germany, Spain and England. They really play like the depip squad 
  • ScottJund

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

Idk where ur playing DbD (NA I guess?) but EU players are absolutely tryhards, especially from germany, Spain and England. They really play like the depip squad 

I just watched tru3ta1ent for like two hours and not a single team he went against played like that. No they don't.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

I just watched tru3ta1ent for like two hours and not a single team he went against played like that. No they don't.

Well, tbh 2 hrs doesn't represent everything.
    It's much better to watch his youtube videos cuz he's uploading most likely those insane tryhard games.
    For example this
    https://youtu.be/Jv0pI3m1UDE
    Or this
    https://youtu.be/KK6hvq-EzVA

These are just some of his latest, he has some much more insane matches but I don't have the time to search them.
    What I'm trying to say: EU players verse these people much more than anyone else. At least that's my personal experience from playing on EU servers and watching non EU players live streams 
  • Condorloco_26

@fedup said:

You can still work on a gen while hiding behind it, it just takes a split second to change your position if you weren't in the right one whenever you see someone picked up in order to get hooked. And yes, you predict someone "may" have BBQ, as well as you predict someone "may" have Dead Hard when chasing someone. Turns out you find out real fast if your prediction was right or wrong.

Running towards the radius where BBQ doesn't work also works as shortening the distance between the hooked player and yourself, should you choose to go for the unhook.

The only real time waster would be to try the "juke for 4 seconds" if you're too far away from the picked up survivor, or far away from a gen. And you should only try those if facing Billy or Nurse (maybe Spirit?), aka, the only killers able to cut that distance in an efficient manner.

Or facing Scott's Huntress and his circus crossmap throws.

• ScottJund

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

It's much better to watch his youtube videos cuz he's uploading most likely those insane tryhard games.
    For example this

Or this

These are just some of his latest, he has some much more insane matches but I don't have the time to search them.
    What I'm trying to say: EU players verse these people much more than anyone else. At least that's my personal experience from playing on EU servers and watching non EU players live streams 

Did you really just cite evidence with hand-selected games that were sweaty and therefore actually worth watching? Really? No ######### he's not going to upload the 50 other boring games with megheads that just sprint into him and die - that's not even fun to watch.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

@Orion said:

@Weederick said:
    Is this actually a discussion or just Orion telling everyone they're wrong?
    Imo its a crutch, just like DS, Noed and Sprintburst.

Plenty of people in this thread, I don't know why you're singling me out.

Because you respond to everyone and tell them they're wrong for the reasons you mentioned. But your reasons are not true, they're your opinion. Selfcare and Nurses calling are strong, but balanced perks. Believe in the truth of the mob. Arguments differ, especially extremes like your killerbiased ones. The truth is often the middle ground. Lots of people complain about DS, Noed, Ruin, so its probably true that they're crutches.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@fcc2014 said:
    I personally don't care about what the killer or survivor uses as perks/addons/or offerings. I just deal and move on. They earned it and should use it how they see fit.

And I kinda regret dumping a million bloodpoints on the Hag (a killer I've played twice) just to earn a perk I never use, on any killer. Shoulda Woulda, but I find those dead rabbits much more powerful than Ruin.

You should play as the hag more often, she's a really nice killer.
  • Orion

@Weederick said:

@Orion said:

@Weederick said:

Because you respond to everyone and tell them they're wrong for the reasons you mentioned. But your reasons are not true, they're your opinion. Selfcare and Nurses calling are strong, but balanced perks. Believe in the truth of the mob. Arguments differ, especially extremes like your killerbiased ones. The truth is often the middle ground. Lots of people complain about DS, Noed, Ruin, so its probably true that they're crutches.

Note how I said "on release", and explained why. And yeah, I'm so "killerbiased" that I was the first person to suggest a nerf to A Nurse's Calling, which resulted in what you now call the balanced version.

• ScottJund
    edited December 2018

@Orion said:

@Weederick said:

@Orion said:

@Weederick said:

Note how I said "on release", and explained why. And yeah, I'm so "killerbiased" that I was the first person to suggest a nerf to A Nurse's Calling, which resulted in what you now call the balanced version.

You seem really really proud that you were WORLD FIRST to suggest that A Nurse's Calling needed a nerf. Not giving you ######### I just found that funny I'm sorry

• DwightsLifeMatters
    edited December 2018
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

@Orion said:

@ScottJund said:

For example this

Or this

Did you really just cite evidence with hand-selected games that were sweaty and therefore actually worth watching? Really? No ######### he's not going to upload the 50 other boring games with megheads that just sprint into him and die - that's not even fun to watch.

But ur 2 hrs aren't handselected? riiiiiight..
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    I rarely use he perks but to slow the game I use remember me and am sure to kill the obsession before the last gen is done. 
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

@Orion said:

@Weederick said:

@Orion said:

@Weederick said:

Then take selfcare as an example. You think its overpowered and breaks the game. I think its healthy for the game and a weaker selfcare can be baseline for the game. It closes the gap between SWF and solo which is a bigger problem and it takes a perk slot like old brutal strength, making perk choices less variant and more meta.
    You think its broken that getting hit has no long lasting consequences. But there is no other game where getting hit has permanent consequences. Every game lets you heal without leaving you penalised for getting hit.

• Condorloco_26

@Vietfox said:

You should play as the hag more often, she's a really nice killer.

That's what I've read a lot of times here in the forum, I guess I just haven't made the time to learn her.

• ScottJund

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@Orion said: @ScottJund said: @Orion said: @ScottJund said: Then you could make the same argument that "Ruin stops survivors from taking advantage of gen rushing." I don't even think Ruin is overpowered, I'm just showing your argument isn't very strong. Gen rushing is a symptom of a bigger problem (lack of objectives). Ruin is just a band-aid solution. Neither has anything to do with what I said. Gen rushing is the killer's lack of doing anything to threaten survivors who are completing their objective. The only issue is the first hook. As soon as there is a single hook, there are now other objectives for the survivors. Ruin helps with that first part. Go look up the depip squad's experiment. Gen rushing has little to do with what the Killer does. Their experiment is extremely outdated, from a time when killer was far weaker, and wasn't even relevant when it wasn't outdated. Absolutely no one plays like that.

For example this

Or this

What? How can you be more unbiased than just picking the last random two hours of his stream? ######### is this

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@Orion said: @ScottJund said: @Orion said: @ScottJund said: Then you could make the same argument that "Ruin stops survivors from taking advantage of gen rushing." I don't even think Ruin is overpowered, I'm just showing your argument isn't very strong. Gen rushing is a symptom of a bigger problem (lack of objectives). Ruin is just a band-aid solution. Neither has anything to do with what I said. Gen rushing is the killer's lack of doing anything to threaten survivors who are completing their objective. The only issue is the first hook. As soon as there is a single hook, there are now other objectives for the survivors. Ruin helps with that first part. Go look up the depip squad's experiment. Gen rushing has little to do with what the Killer does. Their experiment is extremely outdated, from a time when killer was far weaker, and wasn't even relevant when it wasn't outdated. Absolutely no one plays like that.

For example this

Or this

What? How can you be more unbiased than just picking the last random two hours of his stream? ######### is this

welcome to the forums 
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

For example this

Or this

What I'm trying to say: ur 2hrs doesn't represent anything. If ur really scottjund I'm really suprised how illogical u r
  • ScottJund

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@DwightsLifeMatters said: ScottJund said:

@Orion said:    @ScottJund said:    @Orion said:    @ScottJund said:    Then you could make the same argument that "Ruin stops survivors from taking advantage of gen rushing." I don't even think Ruin is overpowered, I'm just showing your argument isn't very strong.        Gen rushing is a symptom of a bigger problem (lack of objectives). Ruin is just a band-aid solution. Neither has anything to do with what I said.        Gen rushing is the killer's lack of doing anything to threaten survivors who are completing their objective. The only issue is the first hook. As soon as there is a single hook, there are now other objectives for the survivors. Ruin helps with that first part.        Go look up the depip squad's experiment. Gen rushing has little to do with what the Killer does.        Their experiment is extremely outdated, from a time when killer was far weaker, and wasn't even relevant when it wasn't outdated. Absolutely no one plays like that.

Idk where ur playing DbD (NA I guess?) but EU players are absolutely tryhards, especially from germany, Spain and England. They really play like the depip squad  I just watched tru3ta1ent for like two hours and not a single team he went against played like that. No they don't. Well, tbh 2 hrs doesn't represent everything.

For example this

Or this These are just some of his latest, he has some much more insane matches but I don't have the time to search them.

What I'm trying to say: ur 2hrs doesn't represent anything. If ur really scottjund I'm really suprised how illogical u r

You are trying to make the argument that a set of specifically picked games is more unbiased than a random sampling from his stream, and then call me illogical. Are you just trolling me at this point?

• DwightsLifeMatters
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@Orion said:    @ScottJund said:    @Orion said:    @ScottJund said:    Then you could make the same argument that "Ruin stops survivors from taking advantage of gen rushing." I don't even think Ruin is overpowered, I'm just showing your argument isn't very strong.        Gen rushing is a symptom of a bigger problem (lack of objectives). Ruin is just a band-aid solution. Neither has anything to do with what I said.        Gen rushing is the killer's lack of doing anything to threaten survivors who are completing their objective. The only issue is the first hook. As soon as there is a single hook, there are now other objectives for the survivors. Ruin helps with that first part.        Go look up the depip squad's experiment. Gen rushing has little to do with what the Killer does.        Their experiment is extremely outdated, from a time when killer was far weaker, and wasn't even relevant when it wasn't outdated. Absolutely no one plays like that.

Idk where ur playing DbD (NA I guess?) but EU players are absolutely tryhards, especially from germany, Spain and England. They really play like the depip squad  I just watched tru3ta1ent for like two hours and not a single team he went against played like that. No they don't. Well, tbh 2 hrs doesn't represent everything.

For example this

Or this These are just some of his latest, he has some much more insane matches but I don't have the time to search them.

You are trying to make the argument that a set of specifically picked games is more unbiased than a random sampling from his stream, and then call me illogical. Are you just trolling me at this point?

"a set of specifically picked games is more unbiased than a random sampling from his stream"
    When did I say that? I just simple said that ur point isn't valid, no matter what I tried to show before. The clips were just examples, ofc I'm not going to spend the rest of my day and link every single video just to show it to you lol
  • ScottJund

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

@DwightsLifeMatters said:    ScottJund said:

Idk where ur playing DbD (NA I guess?) but EU players are absolutely tryhards, especially from germany, Spain and England. They really play like the depip squad         I just watched tru3ta1ent for like two hours and not a single team he went against played like that. No they don't.        Well, tbh 2 hrs doesn't represent everything.

It's much better to watch his youtube videos cuz he's uploading most likely those insane tryhard games. For example this

Or this    These are just some of his latest, he has some much more insane matches but I don't have the time to search them.

What I'm trying to say: EU players verse these people much more than anyone else. At least that's my personal experience from playing on EU servers and watching non EU players live streams  Did you really just cite evidence with hand-selected games that were sweaty and therefore actually worth watching? Really? No ######### he's not going to upload the 50 other boring games with megheads that just sprint into him and die - that's not even fun to watch.

"a set of specifically picked games is more unbiased than a random sampling from his stream"
    When did I say that? I just simple said that ur point isn't valid, no matter what I tried to show before. The clips were just examples, ofc I'm not going to spend the rest of my day and link every single video just to show it to you lol

Then you must agree your point is just as invalid, which means there's absolutely no proof people play like that in EU.

• fedup
    fedup Member Posts: 30

youtube videos are not good to prove anything. people in this game and other saying "that ######### character is good just see xxx to see how it is done git gut" are really dumb if they think youtubers dont select their matches hard before uploading.the survivors i face vs the survivors truetalent faces in waaaay higher ranks are a poor show. somtimes im like what the hell are they doing? while watching videos

• DwightsLifeMatters
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

Idk where ur playing DbD (NA I guess?) but EU players are absolutely tryhards, especially from germany, Spain and England. They really play like the depip squad         I just watched tru3ta1ent for like two hours and not a single team he went against played like that. No they don't.        Well, tbh 2 hrs doesn't represent everything.

It's much better to watch his youtube videos cuz he's uploading most likely those insane tryhard games. For example this

Or this    These are just some of his latest, he has some much more insane matches but I don't have the time to search them.

What I'm trying to say: EU players verse these people much more than anyone else. At least that's my personal experience from playing on EU servers and watching non EU players live streams  Did you really just cite evidence with hand-selected games that were sweaty and therefore actually worth watching? Really? No ######### he's not going to upload the 50 other boring games with megheads that just sprint into him and die - that's not even fun to watch.

Then you must agree your point is just as invalid, which means there's absolutely no proof people play like that in EU.

That's why I said MY EXPERIENCE, I don't have the big ego not to admit that my point isn't 100% valid. As I said, its my own experience and observation that EU players are harder to verse
  • ScottJund
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

That's why I said MY EXPERIENCE, I don't have the big ego not to admit that my point isn't 100% valid. As I said, its my own experience and observation that EU players are harder to verse
    Uh where did you say my experience in your original post? You presented it as fact
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    edited December 2018

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

It's much better to watch his youtube videos cuz he's uploading most likely those insane tryhard games.    For example this

What I'm trying to say: EU players verse these people much more than anyone else. At least that's my personal experience from playing on EU servers and watching non EU players live streams         Did you really just cite evidence with hand-selected games that were sweaty and therefore actually worth watching? Really? No ######### he's not going to upload the 50 other boring games with megheads that just sprint into him and die - that's not even fun to watch.

But ur 2 hrs aren't handselected? riiiiiight.. What? How can you be more unbiased than just picking the last random two hours of his stream? ######### is this

You presented your statement as a fact... "EU players are better blah blah", "your region is not as good blah blah". You are now back peddling so hard you've tripped, fallen from your uni cycle and the seat is stuck up your ass.

Scott gave an average two hours as an example. You gave two videos selected for youtube for entertainment purposes that shouldn't be boring. The average game, in EVERY region, is basically just MegHeads running around. Those who think otherwise are usually not great at the game (which is fine) and need to blame the game to cover their downfalls.

Someone here for example who face camps as Wraith, suggested a change in the game that all M1 killers have built in bloodlust 1, because he did some math concerning a scenario that NEVER happens in game.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Megheads......lol

I like Megs but boy do I know exactly what you mean with that word lol

Poor Meg, their hearts are always in the right place but they could definitely learn to spend a few seconds thinking before doing something.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    ScottJund said:
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

Uh where did you say my experience in your original post? You presented it as fact
    "What I'm trying to say: EU players verse these people much more than anyone else. At least that's my personal experience from playing on EU servers and watching non EU players live streams"
  • only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@DwightsLifeMatters Your original post was this actually -

"Idk where ur playing DbD (NA I guess?) but EU players are absolutely tryhards, especially from germany, Spain and England. They really play like the depip squad "

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    edited December 2018
    When did this become EU NA discussion?

I lived in the USA my whole life.  Played DBD since Beta.  Moved from USA to Germany this April.

Want to know the difference between NA and EU from someone who has experienced both regions?  

Absolutely nothing.

As far as the original post.  All perks are crutches, one way or the other.  Some more than others.  
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited December 2018

@only1biggs said:
    @DwightsLifeMatters Your original post was this actually -

"Idk where ur playing DbD (NA I guess?) but EU players are absolutely tryhards, especially from germany, Spain and England. They really play like the depip squad "

If you wanna talk tryhards, you should try playing people from Mexico. I invite you to play some Gears of War sometimes. I live on the east coast and still get rooms full of people from Mexico and South America. And boy do they sweat!

PS. No insults to Mexicans or anything. But this is really a thing on Gears. The game is insanely popular down there.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    In my honest opinion (being someone who has played a lot of hours on hillbilly) using ruin on billy is way too easy. Honestly using ruin on any killer makes it too easy. You should all play with no perks and practice that way. Would see a lot of good killers then.. don’t see many now.
  • Condorloco_26

@thesuicidefox said:

If you wanna talk tryhards, you should try playing people from Mexico. I invite you to play some Gears of War sometimes. I live on the east coast and still get rooms full of people from Mexico and South America. And boy do they sweat!

PS. No insults to Mexicans or anything. But this is really a thing on Gears. The game is insanely popular down there.

Hey there ESE! We must win at something! And you should try Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on PS3, to see just how tryhard a tryhard can get.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

Any perk in the game is, well, game. Including the lamest ones like DS and NOED. Same goes for items, add-ons and offerings.

Maby but when you combine noed with the power of bloodwarden on a last hook the game changes from no kills to woop dat add on all 4
  • thesuicidefox

@Condorloco_26 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Hey there ESE! We must win at something! And you should try Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on PS3, to see just how tryhard a tryhard can get.

I have Xbox not PS, but I could imagine. Again I'm not bashing Mexicans, just making a point that they will SWEAT all game every game. These EU guys should give it a shot if they want to see real try harding.

• Condorloco_26

@redsopine01 said:

Maby but when you combine noed with the power of bloodwarden on a last hook the game changes from no kills to woop dat add on all 4

I understand what you're saying, but at this point, not cleansing all totems when playing against a freddy or a wraith is just an irresponsibility :p

• Condorloco_26

@thesuicidefox said:

I have Xbox not PS, but I could imagine. Again I'm not bashing Mexicans, just making a point that they will SWAT all game every game. These EU guys should give it a shot if they want to see real try harding.

Here, fixed it for you.

• thesuicidefox

"Just do totems"

I do all the totems

Gates Power

Killer sees NOED didn't proc and quits

Totally not a crutch.

• thesuicidefox

@Condorloco_26 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

I have Xbox not PS, but I could imagine. Again I'm not bashing Mexicans, just making a point that they will SWAT all game every game. These EU guys should give it a shot if they want to see real try harding.

Here, fixed it for you.

I'm guessing that's a Ghost Recon reference? Unless you mean swatting like a streamer or something. That I usually attribute to Russians. LOL

• Condorloco_26

@thesuicidefox said:

I'm guessing that's a Ghost Recon reference? Unless you mean swatting like a streamer or something. That I usually attribute to Russians. LOL

No, just meant playing like a SWAT team. Coordination, communication, aggression, marksmanship wise. LMAO

• thesuicidefox

@Condorloco_26 OHHH that makes sense yes. They probably also do that thing where they enter a room and yell CLEAR but IDK what it is in Spanish.

• Condorloco_26

@thesuicidefox said:
    @Condorloco_26 OHHH that makes sense yes. They probably also do that thing where they enter a room and yell CLEAR but IDK what it is in Spanish.

That would be "Despejado" or "Libre", depending on who you're playing with.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

EU LUL