The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Scott Jund's take on being tunneled

13»

Comments

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

I played as surv and got tunneled despite I dont mind gens the thing is when you are with the killer much time it start to be annoying specially when the killer doesnt catch you and 3 gens pop

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

How to become part of the DBD swarm intelligence?

1. Watch big streamers

2. Copy&paste their opinion

3. Turn off your brain

Shh, killers will tunnel you despite OTR and DS, but don't tell anyone

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,438

Why is it that people are quoting that quote which is a direct reference to my post but not my actual post or response where I said OTR is necessary as well as better than pre-patch DS for combating tunneling and that bringing DS wasn't necessary. It's overkill but it's just something I like to do because I like punishing tunnelers by wasting their time. DS only comes into effect every 10 to 15 games. My build also didn't have Kindred or Bond.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

All these attacks on streamers always amuse me because I disagree with a lot of them on a lot of points pretty regularly. I also see that they put a lot of thought into their positions and end up agreeing with them when they make a good case, or just sometimes in general. All this braindead follower talk serves absolutely no purpose.

Its a problem with the efficiency caps for each side. Killer starts weaker and gains strength with each interaction, but gains the most with each survivor death. Killers are therefore incentivized to minimize survivor damage early while building a growing advantage. Survivors start off very strong and efficient, and get weaker as resources are wasted/allies are incapacitated/die/etc. Therefore the time it takes a killer to get their first kill affects both minimizing the damage survivors can do, as well as the rate the killer inflicts their own damage.

Its why it feels exceptionally bad to struggle in a 1v3, even if there are only 2-3 gens left. its still certainly possible, but you feel the squeeze of the efficiency potential shift. This is why I personally don't mind getting tunnelled, I don't have to rely on someone else to punish the killer for trying to rush one person out of the game, i get to be the one wasting their time myself.