The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Face camping hooks

Not sure if it was already suggested, but we kinda have a good mechanic ingame already. When pyramid head camps his cages, they are teleported to another place. What is hooks also had that same effect? Killer is face camping the hook, the survivors is teleported to another hook, without alerting the killer which hook (or it can just run there and face camp again...).

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Yeah, this has come up in other threads occasionally. In fact I've previously said that I wouldn't be surprised if, when the devs put in the Cage teleportation mechanic, they also took the opportunity to look into possibly extending that to hooks, kind of like a backdoor pilot for the concept. I'm pretty sure though they probably decided against doing this for hooks for technical reasons, as well as maybe feeling like if the hook teleports it's robbing the killer of some strategic considerations on choosing which hook is the best one to use.

• legitxeris
    legitxeris Member Posts: 6

I can't stand face camping. Why do I play a game that takes 10 minutes to load/queue/load, then only play for 1 minute due to dying from face camp? This makes me want to quit. It is so ridiculous.

How about these suggestions

1. Give us a perk that allows us to pause the hook timer for 40 seconds. One time use only (kinship sucks).
    2. If killer camps the survivor for 20 consecutive seconds, allow us to unhook self at 75% chance.
    3. Give survivors 1% boost to repair generators if killer camps hooked survivor
    4. Increase the first hook timer by 20 seconds and increase the second hook timer by 10 seconds.
  • Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

The problem is that for highly mobile killers is they'll just move quickly next to the hook to relocate it, making survivors waste their time trying to get them and the person possibly going to second stage instead of a trade. It'd only be a nerf for immobile non-ranged killers whom are already the weakest archetype.

• luciferAngelsTTV
    luciferAngelsTTV Member Posts: 31

if ur consistently getting facecamped bring kinship lets u stay on hook 16 seconds longer allowe ur team to gen rush if u can get as many gens done as possible u can easily 4 man escape even against a bubba face camping since the update is much harder and really punishes killers for face camping instead of pressuring gens

• legitxeris
    legitxeris Member Posts: 6

Kinship is garbage. It does nothing if I equip it while a teammate is on the hook.

• luciferAngelsTTV
    luciferAngelsTTV Member Posts: 31

thats because kinship work only for u tho i do think it should be reworked to work on those on hooks near u instead

making it a reliable team perk