If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How are your solo matches?

Options
Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

After the recent patch, solo Survivors kind of got a nerf in some aspects. Solo games have been really frustrating for some and fine for others. I'm wondering what everyone else's solo experience is like.

For me it's completely miserable, teammates messing around instead of helping the team or doing objectives and killers hardcore camping and tunneling. I've only escaped about 2/10 games, which really isn't a lot.

So how is your solo experience?

Comments

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

My matches have always felt random so nothing new here. Overall, I have been happy with all of my matches.

• Aurelle
    Options

I still face a lot Legions/Plague's with Thana/Gift Of Pain/Plaything/Pentimento, which is unappreciated because gens are already a pain. Thankfully I haven't ran into any Overcharge/COB builds yet and the camping and tunneling seemed to simmer down a bit tonight. But yeah, definitely going to keep a lookout for the prestige icons now because it seems like prestige level is associated with skill now.

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562
    Options

trash, unfun.

• Aurelle
    Options

Yeah, that's pretty much most of my matches as well. Solo Survivors need buffs direly.

• Dwightslocker
    Dwightslocker Member Posts: 21
    Options

Ive been getting a mixed bag. Some survivors ive been getting have been excellent where as some have been horrible.

When the patch first came out i was getting nothing but hopeless teammates but now a few weeks in it seems to have sorted itself out and im getting more capable teammates.

Played a good 8 hours sunday night when i was staying up to sleep through the day for nightshift at work and i would say i escaped maybe just shy of half the time which id think is pretty good.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,222
    Options

Pretty decent overall. Fair amount of tunneling and camping. I'm able to do more about it now so it's not as annoying as before.

The more annoying thing is people dcing at 5 gens because, for example, they hear Legion's music but Legion has already wounded someone and no Thana debuff popped up so the Legion doesn't even have slowdowns.

That and rescuing people from hook and they had already gone AFK even though the unhook wasn't contested.

I'm thinking of trying out lobby dodging the no prestige survivors as well just to avoid that.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

In terms of escape rate, I might be living Sluzzy's nightmare scenario. But the game itself has been really fun despite that fact. Not going to lie though, the killers are definitely taking advantage of survivor clownery at the moment.

• SantaKlawz1
    SantaKlawz1 Member Posts: 190
    Options

I'm having fun for the most part. I'm kinda sick of all the Legions. I used to hate Hag...

It's more difficult but I don't really care about that. The TTV players seem to be throwing a lot more games which I think is pathetic.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 657
    Options

Joke's on you, my Yui is P9 and I can't loop well at all.

But I played maybe 10 survivor matches today and I think I escaped exactly 5, so... no complaints here.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Getting better, I think I've escaped enough that I've left behind all the quitters. I think survivors are starting to adapt to the new meta and are going down less and less so I'm feeling pretty good about soloQ at the moment played about 10 tonight and only had 1 tunneler so that's appreciated as well of course.

Only thing is I feel like I'm going against new killers which does make feel a little bad. Had a hag that would put literally all their traps around hook and screwed up a basement play and a bunch of blights with rushes that just arn't on point. I guess it's to be expected with so many survivor players going to killer because they thought it would be free wins, they gonna learn how it actually be though.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,993
    Options

Bad, they feel bad... Legion and nurse don't make it better

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

It's not so much about getting good teammates as it is avoiding the absolutely clueless ones. I'm not a great looper either, but I know when to rescue people, I know to rescue people, and I won't walk across the map to save Sprint Burst or hide in lockers at the hint of a TR. Before I started dodging, I was getting a strong correlation of the P0 default survs in lobby to teammates that were bad at best and singlehandedly lost the game at the worst. See the "one survivor hooked, one survivor chased, one survivor free" scenario, except the survivor that's free is currently doing a tour of the edges of the map instead of going for the unhook or doing an exit gate... or trying to Self-Care through Sloppy... or refusing to be healed because they want to go to a corner on the opposite side of the map first, except the path they're taking is leading them straight into the killer and now I have to take a hit just to save them from their own clueless selves...

People with prestiges have played the game enough to know the basics. They don't have to be good, they just have to not be wet-behind-the-ears newbies. And hopefully not ragequitters on top of that.

Since the update dropped and prestiges have been visible, I've only seen four exceptions - a P0 default Dwight and Meg that were average, and a P0 default Jake and Dwight pair that turned out to be really good. The rest have been bad enough for me to say "######### it" and start dodging.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,116
    edited July 2022
    Options

Pretty bad. Mainly because of teammates. Some games are rewarding, most are pretty bad. Too many survivors I'm realizing are absolutely awful in terms of running killers. Probably the same people who rely on stealth, who knows. Surprisingly, I haven't had a bad game tonight due to a killer or their perks. I don't usually complain about killer perks honestly.

2 matches tonight out of the 4 so far already went really badly.

#1 - Ran Demo for 3 gens, got hooked. Saved, then tunneled off hook and last gen completes. I heal to full with Adrenaline while running past the nearest EG to me, with Demo still persistently chasing me. Ran around the entire map, and my 3 teammates end up opening the EG I first checked. 1 person came to body block, which was great. The other 2 threw the match for me and got me killed, I was inches from escaping when I got downed and these other 2 teammates were just hiding by the EG full HP, not doing anything but waiting. They take a hit for me each but it doesnt matter cause the hook is literally right outside the EG. They decide to run towards EG and the killer ofc pushes them out while I die. All they had to do was body block/take a hit for me, or even after I got picked up, wait for me to get hooked as it was so close to the EG. I died while bringing back a huge snowballed game for my team where we would have likely all died.

#2 - Bubba in Police Station, we were outplaying him pretty well but my teammates again let me down. Bubba would let go of some of my teammates after hitting them, so he could switch targets and go on someone else. That someone else was me and I was doin work with the chases but I got 2 hooked and with Kindred, saw no one on a single gen (we had 1 more left) and they were all either running around or waiting for the Bubba to leave but he never did. He facecamped me. Here's the problem; no one was doing a gen, and not 1 PERSON had even been hooked. Meanwhile I'm fighting for my life and my 3 teammates are too selfish to trade and help me out, despite me taking pressure off them in a chase or healing them, etc.

Also had my first Billy match tonight post update! Was a lot of fun but my team again was the culprit. 2 of my teammates instantly went down at the start of the match as me and the other remaining person completed the first gen. Both were in the same area so Billy hooked 1 and proxy camped back and forth between the hooked and the person on the ground. I forced a chase to try and buy us some time and get some gens done, it worked and we got to 1 gen by the time I was 2 hooked (really my first hook but my teammate didn't save me in time). Billy came back to hook and focused the person who saved me, I made a last ditch effort to help him since he was going to die if he got hooked. Found a very tiny gap between him and Billy and DH'd into it slightly late on the window and went down instead of my teammate. 5 seconds later, last gen gets done and Adrenaline activates, bringing me up. Got the gate open and got out. 2 of us escaped, 2 of us died. But it could have gone so much better. I don't mind Billy matches at all though, as even if it goes horribly, its 99% of the time fun because he's probably the most rare killer to face, at least in my exp.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,549
    Options

Overall, I'm dying more than i used to but am also getting alot more pity hatch than I used to, especially when the team gets steamrolled before 1-2 gens pop haha but overall they're fine, I'm still enjoying myself and pip'd every game except one. That one game was on my team mates - I was first hooked and no one rescued me.

Three games today and they went:

> sacrificed second (hooked three times, 3 gens left)

> pity hatch from killer (rest of team dead at 2 gens left, I was on death hook)

> close exit gate escape at 1 gen left (I had it about 70% done when third survivor died, killer closed hatch)

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305
    Options

They are fine, sometimes its an all escape game, sometimes its a 3 escape game, sometimes its a 2 escape game, sometimes its a 1 and 0 escape game. Its much more varied than before and I have to rely on my teammates much more than before as if a single survivor or 2 do not focus on objectives and instead go for other things it can really make or break the game.

It's definitely much better than when the update first came out as my teammates were awful, killing themselves on hook and throwing down pallets left or right, but now that people have calmed down its a lot better. I am glad all the people complaining about the game and threatening to leave are gone, because they were ruining games for others so good riddance.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

8/10 games are playable for me in soloQ without heavy tunneling or camping. winning or escaping with two or more people is about 2/10.

usually you can tell where is the player from. certain play styles match with cyrillic letters.

• XerraFox
    XerraFox Member Posts: 157
    Options

Not half as bad as it's made out to be.

Do I see more tunneling and camping? Actually same as before.

Did my escape rates drop? I wouldn't say so but I might be wrong about that cause I'm playing way more Survivor at the moment due to the long killer queues.

Do my mates suck? In some matches, yes.

Did I have amazing mates? In some matches, yes.

Did I totally screw up? In some matches, yes.

Do I love something specific about the changes? YES! I have time to earn BPs in the matches since they last way longer. Say I spend 2-3 minutes chasing. Gens used to be done by that time and I only got chase points.. NOW, if I don't get tunneled, which actually didn't happen that often to me, I still have time to jump on Gens for objective points. I'm still able to get altruism points. I can do bones.

Matches are matches now and no quickies which I really appreciate..

I.. Am.. Happy.. :)

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    edited July 2022
    Options

Booboo in solo queue, goodie goodie in SWF.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

Does this sum it up?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

It's kinda nice actually

everyone is using prove thyself

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    Options

Tunneled, Betrayed, and a little bit of hitting on the hook. I dunno, I'm not playing anymore.

Deliverance doesn't work when you're the last one in-game...

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,322
    Options

Very bad, I give up playing solo Q.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

After the update went live, I had to play 38 games to have a single escape which soured my mood quite a bit. Now, with the new tome, I decided to give SoloQ a go with the mentality of trying to complete at least one challenge per game and not focus on winning at all. My god what an absolutely miserable pile of festering manure. SBMM has killed a lot of the enjoyment in this game for me over the last year, but even the worst days can't begin to hold a candle to what is going on now. You need to play 20-30 games to have one where the Killer isn't hardcore camping, tunneling at five gens or your SoloQ teammates don't DC, die on hook against a Thana Legion/Plague. I'll definitely go find another game to play until something is done.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Played one match against a legion and all my teammates just gave up. Very fun match

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

I posted this in another thread:

Before the update had hit, I'd compiled a list of 250+ survivor matches I played, both as part of a SWF of different sizes and as a solo. My escape rate across all types of matches was in the 60% ballpark, with there not being a huge difference between my solo games and SWF ones (they were pretty much identical, surprisingly enough).

Since the update, I haven't kept those detailed records off all my survivor matches(I honestly should have), but I HAVE kept a tally of my solo games. My escape rate in those matches has been a nice, solid 50% (11 escapes in 22 matches). In 15 of those 22, all 5 gens were completed, and in 2 of those that I died that the gens were all finished, I made stupid mistakes in EGC that cost me what should have been 2 more escapes (which would have left me with a 59% escape rate, right around what I was averaging before the update).

Survivor play has definitely been more challenging, but not anywhere near impossible, even solo. There have been a LOT of matches where really bad plays by my random teammates resulted in the loss, where someone DC'ing early for no reason put the team at a huge disadvantage, or a couple where I just played poorly and paid for it. Two of the losses in those solos came against a bugged and currently killswitched Clown, so that may have played a part in those games going the way they did as well.

My experiences only -- obviously, others may vary.

• DeadVision
    DeadVision Member Posts: 28
    Options

Around 60% of the games I play feel miserable due to a number of factors: killers running all gen slowdown perks which drags on or they're camping and/or tunneling, survivors dc'ing or killing themselves on hook, or I'm messing up, hell even chases don't feel as good anymore since the patch also buffed bloodlust. I've never cared much for escapes unless the chances are high, but having games that are satisfying in any other way feel like they've declined somewhat. But that's not to say I don't have some fun games because I do- I mean, with BT being base kit now, I'm a bit more confident running other builds (good old head on is super fun when others aren't opening my locker for whatever reason). It's also good to see a wider variety of perks being used every so often.

So yeah, some are fun while others are mind-numbingly lame.