Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PC - Map (item) for the last few patches no longer show Chests

SlowLoris
SlowLoris Member Posts: 288
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

This is reproducible ALWAYS, and by everyone I've asked to check for me.

Green map with add-ons to track chests, no longer shows them.

Rainbow Map, no longer shows them.

This is frustrating, because Plunderers makes you loot a stupid amount of keys - not an exaggeration, 2 people did purple coins for me with my plunder build, and only one chest was not a key........useless item. That's 7 chests, and I had appraisal, so really 10 chests. Keys. Keys.Keys.

So, I prefer running Ace In the Hole, Appraisal alone now with two other perks. Used to, if I did this, I'd bring a map with me, so I could easily track chests until I got the loot I wanted, then I'd just leave the map in the chest and let everyone enjoy the remaining chests or open them for them.

I can't do this anymore. I have to just run around looking for them or bring Plunderers. I don't know the exact patch this changed, but I think it was the patch before Dredge.

Please fix this map bug, so it's possible, and maybe also consider adjusting how often you get keys from Plundered chests. Ever since people had free plunderers a long time ago and that bug was fixed, Plunderers loot has been horrible, it's almost always a lot of keys, or a lot of toolboxes, no beamers or medkits 70% of the time.

I have clips of this happening in game, and I can share them if you'd like, but it's painfully easy to reproduce. Rainbow map has always tracked chests, and I'm rather certain Green with "track killers belongings" did as well.

Post edited by Mandy on
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• SlowLoris

Just hoping to get this acknowledged. Been an issue for a bit now, and I haven't seen anyone post it.

• SlowLoris

I just wanted to confirm that I tested this again today, and still chest auras are no longer visible on maps.

It'd be nice if this could be looked at, thanks!

• SlowLoris

Thank you @Mandy for the status change, I appreciate it!

• SlowLoris

This has been an issue for a while now, but seeing as you guys are fixing multiple map issues, I figured I'd bump it.

• SlowLoris

Can we get confirmation if this is intended or not,? Been a bug for almost a year now.