Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tome 1 Chapter 2 challenge "Botanist Extraordinaire" not completable

Firethorn
Firethorn Member Posts: 31

Challenge description:

"Finish healing 2 health state(s) of other survivors while using the perk Botany Knowledge and a Med-Kit. Complete this challenge in a single trial."

My attempt(s): Claudette

Equipment: First Aid Kit + Gel Dressings + Bandages

Perks: Botany Knowledge, Built to Last, Streetwise, Self-Aware (in order to make the first aid kit last long enough after the nerf).

Last game I had 85 points of healing in badge progress; most with the medkit, at least 5 completions(while using the medkit).

I would appreciate either a better description of what needs to be done, if necessary.

1. Do I need to "Finish" the healing, IE be using the medkit when the heal finishes?
  2. Do I need to do 2 health states, like with the generator challenges, where doing 1 generator with a fellow survivor would equal 50% of a generator done?

I've very much done both.

5 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

What hasn't been fixed yet? this bug will be 3 months or more soon

• Nathanielpelos
    Nathanielpelos Member Posts: 1

Yeah I wasted 3 ranger med kits with full charges to try to get this challenge done, I did exactly what you did and this challenge in particular is the only one I’ve seen that has not registered properly and remains buggy and broken, hopefully they do a fix for this soon:((

• Firethorn

How much do you want to bet that what happened is that Programmer 1 deployed a fix, then Programmer 2 deployed the nerf code(making botanist make medkits last LESS time) which reverted the fix Programmer 1 had deployed?

Because at least for a while, botanist + medkit healing was giving ZERO badge progress. As in, I healed the entire match using ONLY the medkit, and got ZERO badge progress for healing.

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386

any change to DBD's code makes it more broken.

not surprised

• Iron_Einherjar
    Iron_Einherjar Member Posts: 11

This still seems to be broken.

Not normal healing till 99ed and finalized with med-kit, (As the challenge specifies to FINISH 2 health states, not heal for 2 full health states) not healing someone from dying through injured to full in single segment, and not two separate people from injured to full

Its taken quite a few days to get each attempt done at least twice, but I can pretty definitely say NONE of the above work for the challenge

Rip all our med-kits, gauze rolls and gel dressings

• Firethorn
    edited September 2022

Just finished Tome 1- Level 2-- Botanist Extraordinaire

Claudette, Lightweight, Built to Last, Botany Knowledge, Streetwise, with a First Aid Kit(yellow) and a gauze roll.

Only 36 points of healing, but I finished 3 health states - 2 from injured to healthy, and 1 from dying to injured. Roughly 2.5 complete health states - the dying was almost finished, and I had help for one of the injured.

I usually started with just plain healing, then switched to the medkit to finish.

Post edited by Firethorn on