The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I'm gonna start stocking up on jigasaw pieces

Since the devs clearly felt that Doc needed a nerf and just thought it'd be fantastic to ######### over one of his greatest perk-synergies, I will exclusively start playing hostage-Doc >:D
Thanks behavior.

Comments

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Agreed. These survivors are going to see a lot of impossible skill check docs...
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@FujinRaijin said:
    Since the devs clearly felt that Doc needed a nerf and just thought it'd be fantastic to [BAD WORD] over one of his greatest perk-synergies, I will exclusively start playing hostage-Doc >:D
    Thanks behavior.

The game is still a bad rng map, I've had maps where no hooks spawn in one floor and 5 gens within 30m.

• Alphaphalt
    Alphaphalt Member Posts: 259

I hate playing against doctor, hope I never get you in my lobby :*(

• @MojoTheFabulous said:
    That's a great overreaction. NC working with Snap Out Of It was a dumb change anyway. Doc already has 2 means of tracking someone in Madness 3. The screaming and the illusion auras.

Yeah, I hate playing against him. He feels like he has handicaps that prevent a fair game. Seriously he isn't chasing you but you're close enough? Location given away. Is there a survivor hiding over here? Don't look just shock the ######### out of the area. What that didn't work so you know no one is close to you so you're trying to figure out where everyone is? Just wait and look for the madness doctors to pop up OR for them to randomly scream and give away their location. Gee wiz so much survivor fun!

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@powerbats said:
    Gee it's almost as if all Doctor players didn't choose Gideons and his ultra rare and very rare addons all the time anyways. I mean good grief talk about histrionics it's not like he doesn't have madness illusion addons or anything like that.

You'd think that most Doctors don't run Distressing, UP etc and don't pay attention to people screaming, or the big illusion saying oh they're over here.

I assume UP=Unnerving Presence?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:
    Gee it's almost as if all Doctor players didn't choose Gideons and his ultra rare and very rare addons all the time anyways. I mean good grief talk about histrionics it's not like he doesn't have madness illusion addons or anything like that.

You'd think that most Doctors don't run Distressing, UP etc and don't pay attention to people screaming, or the big illusion saying oh they're over here.

Correct, I always see Doctors run that, Distressing, M&A and then either BBQ/FD for a bunch of 1 item/Sloppy if it's P3's/lots of medkits/Whispers again P3 outfits but no items really/bitter Murmur.

It's rare to see a Doctor ever running Nurses because any good survivors won't heal in his terror radius let alone try and snap out of it.anyways

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

No shock Doc is best Doc imo.

• FujinRaijin
    FujinRaijin Member Posts: 72

@powerbats said:

@Orion said:

@powerbats said:

Correct, I always see Doctors run that, Distressing, M&A and then either BBQ/FD for a bunch of 1 item/Sloppy if it's P3's/lots of medkits/Whispers again P3 outfits but no items really/bitter Murmur.

It's rare to see a Doctor ever running Nurses because any good survivors won't heal in his terror radius let alone try and snap out of it.anyways

I play Doc as a pure offense-killer with Sloppy, BBQ, Nurse's and Enduring, and NC is a big part of the build to constantly have a chase

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

The removal of Nurse's Calling on Doctor was a bad call. I understand that folks wanted consistency, but this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

To everyone who supports the nerf, let me explain my position. The Doctor is a subpar killer. To paraphrase from a certain Legend of Zelda video: "Killers" are supposed to threaten you, to kill you. "The Doctor" is just there to piss you off. The main counter-argument to why Doc deserves the nerf is because folks assume that his power makes him an omnipotent tracker. This assumption is false. Sure, the Doctor is a better than average tracker, but he lacks absolutes.

Suppose you scream and the Doctor is not running Restraint (Shows aura when you screen for a few seconds) all the Doctor gets is a vague hint of where you were, not where you are. Even the Doctor's infamous illusions can't do much in tier 3 by default simply because you can run into them to remove them. Sure the Doctor has the skillcheck aspect of his power, but we all know that that trick eventually stops working unless you run the "Hostage Build". The point I'm trying to make here is that the Doctor's power helps him track people, but only by a very small margin.

With Nurse's Calling the Doctor can now see who is attempting to "Snap Out of It" and instead of vague hints he gets auras. This let's the Doctor apply pressure through Shock Therapy and force the survivor to run. This let's the killer punish a survivor mistake of recovering too close. If the developers added in audio to the "Snap Out of It" action I'd be content honestly. Until then though, survivors can now heal very close to the Doctor and depending on the angle, will be hidden.

All in all, I can't help but feel like this was an over-reaction that gutted some variety in Doctor builds. I'll end on this note: Just because Doctors can see you, doesn't mean they can actually get you.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

I dont know you guys, but wile i agree is sad to have snap out and wake up removed from the "healing list" i dont see that as so big of a deal...
    I'm main killer and really, we have normal healing taking ages to be don, and giving us plenty of time to track it, wake up is a really fast action, infact i never got to see it on NC and snap out, i saw it in rare occasions, but is not that much of an impact on the game...
    My real problem is with mend that still is a buff to BT, who was perfect as it was... just that