KiLLeR iS eAsY mOdE nOw

Options

Where's this "killer has become super easy" "every match can be 4k'd easily" thing coming from? So dbd has become killer sided overnight now? Sure playing killer is easy when survivors play dumb, don't do gens and give up on hook, like they now are. Talk about overreaction. The teams i'm going against (not swfs) are still slamming out gens and playing normally. You can just tell they are good survivors who have already adapted, while the ones that relied on second chance perks are throwing tantrums. I'm surviving just fine in solo queue, the only difference is i'm not expecting to survive almost every match like before. The only thing i'll agree with is that Blight and Nurse benefiting from this patch should be nerfed, apart from that it's all just survivor mains overreacting to get the patch reversed. 

Comments

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

That's, not a nerf to Pharmacy. As a killer I can hear chest opening sounds through walls,ceilings, and floors, better than I can hear grunts of pain not to mention if I hear a slight grunt of pain the survivor could be anywhere, but if I hear the chest sound I know exactly where they are.

So, this is just a wrong way of looking at opening a chest while injured.

• AngryHobo2
    AngryHobo2 Member Posts: 103
    Options

Additionally, you can use Street-Wise, or Built to Last if you're fancy to counter the efficiency penalty.

• Viskod
    Options

Do you mean Botany Knowledge? Because again, Pharmacy did not get a nerf. It works multiple times now with the same effect. And yes, a 50% increase in healing speeds that works with Med Kits is really damn strong. A 20% efficiency penalty to make it a bit more expensive because you need to factor in a charge add on is perfectly fine.

Someone with Botany Knowledge inside a Circle of Healing just gets a normal 16 second heal on their self. Combined with We'll Make It, that's 150% healing speed after an unhook, with WGLF that's 150% healing speed on someone in the dying state with the ability to give them Soul Guard after they're healed.

To say nothing of the universal benefits of combining Botany Knowledge with Autodidact or Desperate Measures.

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220
    Options

I wouldn't say pharmacy is really nerfed unless you're using it very situationally. If you were only using it for the chest speed/noise bonuses then yes it's a nerf, but the only halfway decent reason to use it for that alone is if you were combining it with plunderers. I think the use of the perk changed rather than it being nerfed, because plunderers + pharmacy builds weren't very common, and I've never seen anyone use pharmacy to hide from the killer while opening a chest.

I've been using it a lot since the update and I've been really enjoying it. Botany I think is still useful in combination with 2 medkit charge addons, built to last, or no medkit and combining with CoH. I prefer old botany but it still has decent uses. Calm Spirit is just useless.. it was useless before and made even more useless now, it needs to be reworked.

While I think calm spirit is still absolute garbage, I think botany and pharmacy are still good perks after the changes. It's just that the intended usage of the perks changed that throws people off. If you're using them the same as before the update you're 100% going to be disappointed

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I especially said "Calm Spirit" and "Pharmacy".

The plan was to make this perks more viable, so we would see more in trials. But both perks have penalty now. Calm Spirit is now gives you 30% penalty on totems and chests. And Pharmacy is working only when you are injured.

Now, who is using these perks?

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304
    Options
  • Viskod
    Options

I've never used Calm Spirit but I use Pharmacy all the time to save on Medkits and add ons. I save up coins and use one for an extra chest and then bring Pharmacy. Being able to get multiple Emergency Medkits during a match when you want them is better than being able to get just one.

Also just because I bring it doesn't mean I'm necessarily going to need it and it's nice to be able to have a chance of getting other things from a chest if I want to open one while healthy.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    Options

Buffing would indicate the perk is used more.

If you played survivor adequately enough, you would never say Calm Spirit and Pharmacy were buffed. They're both useless perks that had some things changed around. They're not better and they're not worse, they're just suboptimal perks, that are greatly overshadowed by other perks. They're only fit for meme builds.

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699
    Options

No its not easy mode at all! Not everyone plays with Blight and Nurse!

• Elessar93
    Elessar93 Member Posts: 92
    Options

5 gens in 5 minutes with short chases. Yep so killer sided. I only face super meta tryharders rushing or players suiciding themselves for no reason. So few funny matches.

• Viskod
    Options

I already said I've never used Calm Spirit.

Pharmacy is definitely not useless. Now I've had matches where I couldn't get much of a benefit out of it because you've got that one person in the group that just has to open every single chest one after the other but there's nothing you can do about that.

But if I bring it I bring a coin to add a chest and I always get a med kit when I need one. It's nice to have in your pocket when you're not playing with friends and you can't rely on coordinating for a heal.

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220
    edited July 2022
    Options

I strongly believe the people that say pharmacy is useless or worse than before haven't actually played extensively with the new pharmacy. It's far from useless. I'm not saying that it's meta or an amazing perk, but it's good enough that I've been using it in my loadout for the last 20 matches or so and I see benefits from it in almost every match. The only thing I wish they'd change is maybe add a short range aura effect, similar to plunderers but not quite as long.. cuz I'm terrible at finding chests on some maps (mostly indoor).

Before the update I would only bring pharmacy if I want to stock up on green medkits so I can use them later with full healing builds. Now after the patch? I use it as a way to stock up on medkits like before, but now I use it as an actual healing perk and on average get 2-3 heals from it per game without coins. It's way more viable than it was before.

• MommyHunktress
    MommyHunktress Member Posts: 634
    Options

ON A GOOD NOTE... 1v1 me? i love pigs but people rarely play her and when they do they never actually use her ambush or bait it, they just go stealth and then play weirdly to try and catch me off guard

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

That short term reaction seems to be muting a bit. Games the last couple of days apparently seemed a bit normal based on some of the forum posts and my own games yesterday and today. No ragequits for me the last two days, survivors actually trying to win and I lost a few games as well as Twins and Trickster who I’m kind of klutzy with. (But I’m still a good enough player with them that if the survivors aren’t at least trying to win I’ll still beat them.) So hopefully survivors are starting to settle into the new environment and not just flipping the table when they get downed as much.

Overall the stats I’ve seen from a player data submission site indicate the kill rates are up about 9% or so since the patch. My guess is ultimately it’ll end up being something like 55% kill rate post-patch on that site versus 49% pre-patch since killers did get buffed, but it’s not as much as that initial reaction the first day or two or three where the kill rates were about 15% higher.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374
    Options

When you compare Pharmacy to Circle of Healing, Self-Care & Botany and Inner Strength, then yes, it's useless. You don't use the worse perk to play with when you are wanting to win a game, you choose the best perk. Sure you can use it when you are messing around but it's not the optimal healing perk to use and the changing it around didn't do anything to improve it.

Pharmacy is by far, not the best perk and the rearranging of some abilities the perk has didn't improve it.

• Mediva
    Mediva Member Posts: 124
    Options

Can all the killer mains in this thread pls queue for survivor? play 3 games and then we will talk again. Ez to say survivors are overreacting when you dont play that side. It is very bad right now. Experience it, before saying something you dont even play

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,563
    Options

Pharmacy and Botany are overall buffed. Sure, you have to be injured to get a green medkit, but you can get multiple. And Botany has a 20% efficiency penalty. So what? It's a 50% boost to healing speed, man.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Noob survivors: KilLuR tOo eAsY.

My brother in christ, you make up the killer's difficulty!

• JakeCannon
    JakeCannon Member Posts: 542
    Options

Which killer doesn't do that to people tho? I hear that argument for every single one

• Viskod
    Options

Circle of Healing still requires you to find a totem, just like Pharmacy still requires you to find a Chest. A killer is more likely to run Thrill of the Hunt, Shattered Hope/Pentimento, or Thanatophobia than they are to run Hoarder, and they get a big sound notification for when a Boon goes out. Not to mention you have to enchant the totem and stay there to heal.

Other survivors are more prone to cleansing totems than opening chests as well.

Self Care combined with Botany Knowledge is fine if you want to use two Perk slots instead of just one. But that's still around 30 seconds give or take since I believe the combing of the two puts the healing speed at just above 50%.

Inner Strength requires cleansing a totem and standing in a locker.

Grabbing an Emergency Med Kit from a chest, and using it, also takes less time than any of the above, 10.66 seconds.

I'm not saying Pharmacy is "better" than all of these, but none of them are universal, all have their drawbacks, and there's nothing "wrong" with any of them, Pharmacy included.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

My killer experience is basically the same as before.

I feel like I am either a black sheep or everyone is exaggerating.

• Boobookittymeow
    Boobookittymeow Member Posts: 29
    Options

i think it is due to just about every killer running 3 slowdowns

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

"Sure playing killer is easy when survivors play dumb, don't do gens and give up on hook, like they now are."

This is where the sentiment is coming from. You answered your own question right after you asked it. That is happening basically every game for me as killer and survivor. It is really taking the fun out of the game at the moment.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    edited July 2022
    Options

I rarely run DS because I don't always get tunneled and I hate missing the skill check. That said, if you don't have to use it until end game (or purposely save it) why should it shut off?

I see a lot of people saying what you're saying, but I just haven't heard any reasoning other than "I get why it stops at end game", which isn't really a reason. Again, not saying specific to your post.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

skill issue, just DH / DS nerf alone make the game way easier without talking about other countless buffs

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

To prevent a literally free escape. That design is horrendous. There needs to be counterplay to an "I win" button for the sake of fairness.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

But even if it is skill issue how is my experience not easier if killer is easier?

And it is not an issue if I'm satisfied with my games. I lose some and win some just like with survivor.

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209
    Options

Nobody wants all the changes reverted. We just want some. Reduce the slowdown perks. Nobody wants to spend 2 minutes doing a generator. And then having to do it again because of regression.

Calm spirit should lose the downside, and speed self-care a bit. Make DS 5 seconds again because it's useless in it's current state.

Then actually buff solo queue information. It would take maybe a week to make kindred basekit and give all survivors a chase indicator. They already have one for the obsession. The icons can come later to let you know what your teammates are doing. But those things alone would massively help solo queue without doing much for swf.

The problem with this patch is that they made solo queue more unbearable and barely gave them crumbs in exchange.

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 155
    Options

I played Artist on Midwich today. Downed 4 people the entire match, which I'll admit was my fault. The survivor were very good. However, I lost all 4 people to flashlight saves that I couldn't stop. Two people were running yellow flashlights (both with yellow add-ons, one with bond). The guy with bond followed me the entire match and blinded me whenever I picked someone up. When I went after him, the other guy came in. The classrooms and hallways were open enough that I couldn't look away, and there was plenty of room to run away from my birds.

No. Killer is not a cakewalk. It's easier, but not nearly as much as people are making it out to be. And before you mistake me for a noob, I've been playing the game for several years and have gotten as high as iridescent 3 rank for killer, gold 4 for survivor.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

What do you mean? Pig has a great slowdown, if she plays her cards right