Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

KiLLeR iS eAsY mOdE nOw

Comments

• Gamall
    Gamall Member Posts: 487

Well ok you had a bad game, it can happens sometimes, you can't expect to win every game (both as surv and killer), but you can't deny that at this moment playing killer is so much easier than before, this is clear for obviously reasons. For that game you lost there are at least five you can win, while in the previous days this was statistically tough

• Ariiawa
    Ariiawa Member Posts: 6

Honestly I'm having way more fun playing survivor now. I guess people are now not as afraid to play less popular killers and I love the diversity

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 158

Alright. Here's my experience with the roughly 20-30 survivor matches I've played since the update.

Typical build: Fast Track, Smash Hit or Sprint Burst, Kindred, and Deja Vu or Empathy. Played mostly as Yun-Jin, who is now my new favorite survivor.

Camping: 3 campers. 2 Doctors and a Ghostface. One of the Doctors did not camp until the endgame, which makes sense, and we managed to save them without giving him a down.

Tunneling: 1 tunneler, a Huntress. Admittedly frustrating, but I made some stupid mistakes that led to me getting downed in the first place, like dropping pallets right in front of her.

Memers: 2, a Freddy and a Myers. The Freddy was literally spinning in circles the whole match, the Myers appeared to be giving us the match until he basically took me as payment and let everyone else go.

Escape rate: Best guess, roughly 30% of my games.

Killer Variety: Quite a lot. Oni, Legion, Demo, Pyramid Head, Freddy, Myers, Huntress, Doctor, Trapper, Wraith... list goes on.

Overall, my games have been quite fun. I'm not a good survivor by any means, but I've been having fun learning how to improve my chases and stealth. I know that the update has been rough for a lot of people, and I'm not here to say that they're wrong or whiney. I've likely been very lucky. However, I find it rather frustrating and unhelpful to throw insults at one another. Behavior like this is what creates the whiney killer/survivor stereotype. Just because someone else disagrees with you does not make them ignorant. Please, we're better than this.

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220

Inner healings only advantage over Pharmacy is if it's used in mid chase, but that requires the killer to not find you and usually requires quick and quiet to pull it off consistently. Otherwise I think it's actually worse due to the amount of time wasted cleansing a totem.. and you're screwing over anyone using boon perks by cleansing. I think it's a bad example because most people stopped using it when boons were added.

Self care is another awful example. Yes, if you combine self care with botany then it's an ok perk, but on its own it's definitely worse than pharmacy. Pharmacy is meant to be a perk that doesn't need to synergize with anything else to be used effectively. Self care requires another perk to even be usable.

The only perk on your list that I'd say is better is CoH. But still, Pharmacy is a different kind of usage and most people that are using it want to keep the green medkit for later healing builds. I swear everyone that's posted about pharmacy and botany being such big "nerfs" or useless haven't actually used the new versions of the perks extensively. Pharmacy was nerfed in such a minor way that I wouldn't really call it a nerf due to the new benefit it gives, and while there is a big nerf to botany, the buff given to it is still big enough that it can be used very effectively in several different builds. The only truly useless perk that no one is gonna use is calm spirit

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304

Do what slowdown? Oni, Blight, Nurse, Nurse, Spirit, Trapper, Hag all don’t have slowdown.

Pig and Legion for example do have slowdown beacuse they either force you to do a certain action or you go down.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

One thing that I did notice and view as a relatively big problem after the changes is camping.

So far most of the Killers that achieved a 3k or 4k against me were Killers camping the hooks. The increased gen times have made camping a much stronger tactic and especially with Perks like NWO, NOED and Deadlock it is extremely hard to punish that playstyle.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201

THANK YOU. Lots of folks just being humbled I guess. Explains the tantrums lol. I play survivor and killer as well, and do what I've always done. The word that caught my eye in your post is "adapt". That's a mic drop right there... it's the player's responsibility to make adjustments.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Killer camping in 3 gen situation has got much stronger thought so I lose most my games when there is 1 gen left it does not help when teammates waste time running around map too. So only change which should be made is to make last gen back to 80s. Maybe first 2 gens should be then make to 100s.

• Gladonos
    Gladonos Member Posts: 392

So crazy how a patch overbuffing killers that came overnight suddenly made killers overpowered overnight. Crazy! We must all be delusional.

• AngryHobo2
    AngryHobo2 Member Posts: 106

When I play killer I run 0 slow down perks and if the killers I am facing are running more than one slowdown perk I haven't been noticing it.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

Don't let the killer 3-gen. Try running Deja Vu to break up 3-gens. The 5% repair speed on top is nice, too.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

I really wish Killer mains stopped being so disingenuous. Yes, SWFs can still absolutely wreck killers that aren't very good and sweaty Nurses and Blights running the most busted and OP addons and perks, but playing killer against SoloQ is literally baby mode. If you can't win after the latest patch, I'm afraid that's a skill issue. Unless you were sent to a horrible map and faced 4 toolboxes.

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419

I really wish biased people that aren't very good at both sides stopped being so disingenuous. Yes, Killers can absolutely wreck survivors that bring low-synergy builds and don't function at a high level in SoloQ without Discord or teammates to carry them (Just like they did before the update), but being good and getting paired with decent teammates is still literally easy mode (The way its always been). If you can't escape in SoloQ or SWF after the latest patch, I'm afraid that's a skill issue from you or your teammates, unless you had an early DC or suicide

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214

pig got buffed? I haven't been paying much attention to the patchnotes but I thought she just got an extra box

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

But you don't always get good teammates thought I will dodge lobbies usually now if survivors have below 6 prestigated character. It's sucide usually playing with survivors who has their character on 0 or 1. But my games killers has focused camping 3 gen are and without communucation we have unfortunately lost as it's much stronger than before. Even when I alone looped killer 4 gens as first chase. But then teammates went down in less than 10s...

• AJStyIez
    edited July 2022

"the difficulty of a Survivor match has more to do with the skill of your teammates than the skill of the Killer. A Killer can be better than someone 1v1 and still lose 1v4"

Okay exactly lol thank you for proving my point. Clearly if you're able to loop a Killer for 4 gens they're not very experienced OR their mission is to tunnel you out for whatever reason so the only way to possibly lose that game is if your teammates aren't doing generators and taking aggro for you so you can heal then do the gens yourself. That's not a "Killer is too easy" problem, that's a "My team is dogwater and doesn't help me put pressure" problem

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

How is that any different than NOED giving you free kills?

I look at it the same way. I pretty much played with three perks for the entirety of the game. Now when I need it it's just gone? That doesn't make any sense.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

The removal of the first chest's guaranteed green medkit is a nerf imo, as i usually try and nab it early on, if they readded that effect then the perk would be perfect

• JacobiusWick
    JacobiusWick Member Posts: 161

Survivor main who just started playing killer because of the tragedy that is 6.1.0. Literally 4k with trickster almost every match because its on faceroll mode at this point.

• AJStyIez

Of course you think Killer is faceroll, you are at the complete bottom of the food chain going against Survivors that don't even know how to play the game lol. Use Trickster in non-broken high MMR lobbies for a few months and see how that confidence works out for you

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Anyone who says that Survivor is bad now was playing at an MMR far above their actual skill.

Every game I've played but one, all five gens have been completed.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Rng removed from her traps, Dead Hard nerfed and ofcourse she got general killers buffs. She feels better now.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    edited July 2022

Do you really have to spam this on every thread? (Edit: Replied-to comment was removed.)

If playing DBD hurts people's mental health then they should play something else. Repeatedly DCing every time they have an unpleasant match is not the solution, finding a different game is.

Post edited by TheWheelOfCheese on
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Poor decisions and bad plays will always make the other side look good.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

I keep telling people a LOT of kids and teens play this game- they don’t listen. Not every one behind the MnK/Controller are 21 yr old +. Don’t let Youtube/Twitch fool you.

• TheWheelOfCheese

Then they can play KYF or find friends to SWF with. BHVR absolutely does not have lo permit them to DC from match after match and ruin the game for other players under the guise of taking care of their mental health.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Botany wasn't even a nerf I would consider it a buff/rework if anything. You can get 3 green medkit heals out of a ranger, almost bring back old coh healing speeds (~13 second self care), and reset your teammates even faster.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Botany was not a buff. At best it has a different use. Nobody in their right mind would use it for healing themselves anymore.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Botany remove 20% charge of Medkits. Ranger has 32 charge. Equip Botany will reduced to 25.6

Ranger doesnt boost self heal speed.

Ranger is Vera Rare

No one ask them to buff 17% Botany to take away 20% charge from Medkit.

The biggest problem of Botany is someone using Botany getting a Brown Medkit (the most usual along with Brown Toolbox), they're not able to heal themselves.

They will have to find a teammate to give that Medkit for other to use, and ask teammate to heal them. Do you think with the time of finding a teammate + teammate heal you for 16sec instead of teammate working on Gen. Really worth that 17% buff?

• LeFennecFox

Botany was way too strong with medkits (Some of the strongest items in the game) and was changed so people can't pull an insane amount of heals out of thin air while also having faster heals without investing in self care/coh/streetwise. Talking about very rare items as if that's some type of good balancing mechanic is pointless and it doesn't matter if it has a self heal speed boost you will be healing at 1.5c/s which is the same as a green medkit. You only need to invest in bandages for a brown medkit to get you a heal at green medkit speeds and for 2 heals gel dressings + bandages.

• C3Tooth

Brown Medkit is fine. Its the possibility of 4 survivors bring 4 Rangers and other powerful addon. Item should always have 1 version of each item.

Botany was strong because the buff on Medkit it gave, remove it was also fine, now it debuff on Medkit.

If you get a Medkit while using Botany, there are 2 scenarios.

• You cant use Medkit on yourself because of Botany, you have to ask other to heal you.
    • Giving Medkit to teammate is not useful when you can heal them in 11sec.

Using Streetwise just to able to use Brown Medkit is really stupid, people would just pick Selfcare, and why self heal at 50% speed on yourself while you can use CoH for whole team. And again, Coh has 50% speed buff on its own, why use Botany

Botany dont synergize to anything to make it standout with the buff it got. Unbreakable is not that useful, but slap in the old DS and its extremely powerful. Botany is powerful on its own, doesnt work with anything else.

• LeFennecFox

I also use botany to search chests the entire game for a brown medkit. Oh no you lose out on a single full heal when you save 5.3 seconds every time you would need to heal teammates. Before this change 1 brown medkit by itself wasn't going to get you more than a single heal anyways. The entire point is if you you should be picking your items around the perks you bring. Efficiency/speed perks result in you changing what items and addons you bring.

COH already has a self care penalty in reality you heal at 75% of normal healing speed so it takes 21.3 seconds + travel time + booning itself you can turn that into 12.8 second heals with botany. Self care with botany is a 18.8 seconds so only 2.8 seconds slower than a medkit while being available all the time.

• C3Tooth

I will try this again.

My question: How many "healing" do I have to make for that 1.3sec save, to be equal with 16sec that my teammate heals me + the time I have to find them

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351

I do well as a solo bc I nevwr relied on dh or ds. So while I feel killer has gotten stronger, my experience at solo and understanding how many other perks synergize allow me to escape a good deal more than survivors who only dpended on crutch perks and their friends.

• geni
    geni Member Posts: 150

I disagree with "they nerfed botany amd pharmacy" i had games were i have used 3 green medkits in one match, is crazy good especially if you pair botany and streetwise, streetwise negates botany debuffs on medkit, i can heal in what it feels 8 seconds with pharmacy + botany + streetwise, streetwise help your teammates too as toolboxes are more commom in this meta

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 440

It's always been lmao

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268

When you give killers about 15 benefits over survivors in one update, yeah it does become a bit easier.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

I agree with your title.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

I've used it for healing myself. Medkit + Streetwise to negate the efficiency debuff. It's fine.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Technically Calm Spirit wasn't much to begin with but was needed tbh

• thrawn3054

Needing to bring another perk to counter the negative doesn't make it fine by a long shot. You're far better off bring a green medkit.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Yes, that would be better, and I'm not saying that my idea is meta or anything. But you're dismissing the secondary effect of Streetwise, which is that it makes your teammates' items last longer as well. That, combined with everything else I'm saying, makes it decent.

• thrawn3054

I wasn't dismissing it. I just find it too situational to really warrant considering when assessing it's usefulness. That said you do you.