The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is the game dying ?

2»

Comments

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Shrug.

Plenty of people played killer over the years, even during shenanigans like MoM, prenerf OoO, DS, infinites, post buff Boil Over taking games hostage, unhookable spots etc. which were...so, so much worse than any balance issues right now.

• CyberRoninX
    CyberRoninX Member Posts: 293

Denial is a powerful thing my friend. Stay in denial and stay happy.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Well healthy break. You said it. Doesn´t has to be because of the patch. I mean, its summer. People are on vacation or don´t want to sit in a scorching hot room, when dbd is turning the pc into a furnace.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Short answer. No.

Long Answer. No. Stop reading the forums.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 429

I think this is a Yes and No question.

A lot of players don't like change. Not just in DBD but any game when major changes are made there are always a group of players that basicly rage quit uninstall.

Then you have players like some others have said that can't play survivor anymore because they don't have their crutch perks so that makes them stop playing.

Killers are just becoming more and more toxic because the buffs to survivor means that tunneling/camping is sometimes the only way to secure kills.

I myself am a killer main and as the only one perk i run got nerfed (BBQ) and not in a game play changing way I havn't changed how i play the game. I won't stop playing the game and i do still have fun when I play but i don't take it seriously. If i come against a 4 man sweat squad who want to make my game hell i will just tab out and watch youtube till they are finished.

I think Behaviour really does need to have a good sit down and think about what they have done with this current patch as although some changes they made were needed it feels that most of them were not and/or went to far on the changes.

Honestly I am trying to get into more discord groups that set up custom games for fun matches rather than public lobbies and I think more and more people should do this. Custom games = no bp needed, no toxic behaviour (because u remove them from your group), no D/C penalties and just all around more fun in the game.

• Gindaen
    Gindaen Member Posts: 374

Survivors have had it much worse than killers. You realize the only meta changing perk survivors have had in 4 years is Circle of Healing, which got nerfed 4 times. Also, the last 4 patches have been survivor nerfs or useless buffs such as Boil Over that got nerfed right back to where it originally was, or

So the shenanigans killers have had doesn't really compare to the shenanigans survivors have had. Everything killers have complained about has gotten fixed, survivors have only gotten screwed patch after patch.

And the developers are giving killers extra kills. How is that even fair. Yeah, killers have nothing to complain about when you start comparing what them to survivors.

• Patch 6.1.0 - Survivors completely screwed over. The entire point of this patch was to give killers extra kills (As Stated by the Developers who believed killers weren't seen as an unstoppable force).
    • Patch 6.0.0 - Survivors got Haddie and 3 of the most useless perks ever. Killers got buffed with Dissolution and Darkness Revealed, yet another great aura reading perk.
    • Patch 5.7.0 - Boil Over nerf and CoH nerf. Killers were buffed with a Hemorrhage rework.
    • Patch 5.6.0 - Survivors got Yoichi and his 3 worthless perks. Killers got Call of Brine, a current meta perk.
    • Patch 5.5.0 - Survivors got useless buffs such as Buckle Up, Boil Over (which was immediately reverted), Wake up, Power Struggle, and a CoH nerf to top it off. Killers got a bunch of individual killer buffs.

That's 5 patches in a row where survivors were tossed scraps or were nerfed.

And you know something, tunneling at-gen-5 and camping at-gen-5 have not been fixed in 6 years.

So yeah, Survivors definitely have been alienated from this game. Killers are part of the problem too, because they just want survivor to be nerfed even more every patch. They don't care about the game health as long as survivor is nerfed again.

• AngryHobo2
    AngryHobo2 Member Posts: 106

I don't think Dead by Daylight is dying, between the "fear of missing out" on the battle pass and the sheer addictive power of the "sunk-cost fallacy" I believe a lot of players will remain with DBD.

The main reason why your games might feel unfun is a direct result of spoiled brats. If survivors do generators, and roughly try to work as a team, they can easily put the moves on killers, the patch be darned!

It's only because of bad players running full slowdown builds on killer or survivors DC'ing or sacrificing themselves before a single gen pops that the game is a bit rough rn.

I say give them a month or so after the patch and the folks that want to stay will stay, and the ones that decide they're done with a DBD that doesn't have survivor as the power role will have left and the DC'ing and hook self-kills should drop to more reasonable levels.