Game Quality has plummeted

i find im either getting tunneled, or camped out of games, or my teammates are in a vast majority of my trials. what used to be mildly infuriating, but you'd move onto the next is now a consistent and incredibly tilting problem.

i've given up in my matches more times than i care to admit. Thana plague? Thana legion? plaything pentimento? nurse? blight? get me out.

the survivor perk changes lend themselves to a killer that is free to do whatever they want with less punishment. also the grind feels MUCH worse for survivors ontop if it being much harder to escape without coordination

I really do love this game, and my love ebbs and flows always, but if there arent sweeping reversions/changes i dont really know if i'll ever come back to play solo. and that's pretty sad.

(yes i know this isnt an airport and i dont need to announce my departure but this is just sad at this point)

Comments

• Carnivorone
    Carnivorone Member Posts: 84

Survivor is now too hard. Everyone I play with is quitting and i used to blame them for it. Then I started quitting because I thought hell, if other people are doing it too then I will, especially if someone else already dc'ed out of the match.

Now I blame the game. I know it's not just me feeling how hard this new update is for survivors because so many other people are complaining about it. Even the most recent day of the twitch stream with otz, JRM etc. makes it look like the most experienced players ever are also struggling.

I loved this game, now it makes me want to tear my hair out.

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248

For me the main problem is tunnelling, there's zero counter to it now and I'm seeing it over and over. If a game is going slightly in the survivors favour all a killer has to do is tunnel a survivor out and it tips the scales immediately.

There's no strategy that even compares to that on the survivor side. Thana legion and plague have always been annoying imo but I'm not too fussed about it, it's just annoying how often you see them now.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

The fact that we hopped from one perk (DS) to another perk (OTR) just to counter a playstyle that wasn't touched at all says it all.

All while the theme of these perk changes was "To Shake Up The Meta".... clearly not the Camping and Tunneling meta.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,175

Well before survivors had to deal with:

1. New survivors/sucked in chases (this applies to survivors w/ many hours as well, survivors on average are bad in chases).
    2. Survivors who lacked awareness and their indecisiveness/selfishness played a huge part in how the end-game went.

Now we got a huge killer buff update and there's been almost no address towards camping & tunneling besides Mandy's 'were watching closely' BS damage repair posts.

So on top of bad survivors we have to deal with or teammates who just urban evasion all around the map, we now have to deal with this new big buff to killers and its a little too much.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I dont think its too hard, you still able to escape if Killer decides to play fair.

Its just many Killer will tunnel/camping because its more effective, or Legion/Plag with Thana and other slowdown. Makes the game boring.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    edited July 2022

I’ve been enjoying it a lot tonight. Only been tunneled once so far by a huntress. I’ve escaped some and died some.

i think I know part of the reason I haven’t suffered as much as so many others apparently have. I don’t pay attention to who ran what build at the end and I usually don’t pay attention to wha offerings are being used at the beginning. I’m running builds that I’m having fun with and let me function in certain ways. I think a lot of people may have unfortunately forgotten how to truly have fun. I hope they haven’t but it seems to be a possibility.