We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

So, are the Armored and War Hammer Titans Canon or Cosplay?

Options
frickingnick
frickingnick Member Posts: 3

I know in the developer stream it was said that the Attack on Titan Collection would be "cosplay," but the in-game descriptions for the Titan skins call them "creatures from a lost realm," as opposed to costumes. They are also classified as Ultra Rare, which I remember @Mandy once said the rule of thumb is that they are entirely new characters. Does that mean you are playing as a scaled-down version of the Titans?

Also, my main point, does this imply that there is a tiny Reiner Braun in the neck of The Armored Titan?

Thanks in advance 😀

Comments

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    edited August 2022
    Options

as far as i can tell the "entirely new characters" thing has been completely forgotten since then as multiple ultra-rare cosmetics have been released that feature the same character as the one the cosmetic is for (trickster's valentine's outfit, sadako's rotten remains, etc.).

• frickingnick
    frickingnick Member Posts: 3
    Options

Yeah I noticed that it has seemed to change in the past year since Mandy posted that. That's mainly why I was wondering if they were costumes or actual titans, since without God of Desire and Rotten Remains it would've been a little more clear-cut.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I think it's just cosplay and the description is just fancy writing.

• Taiga
    Taiga Member Posts: 368
    Options

I wonder why they’re Ultra rares and not legendaries since their licensed.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

So, how I look at it is, DBD is essentially pulling monsters from all times and universes. So, seeing as anime is a form on entertainment, the titans could literally be like a "legend" from another universe. So, I kinda consider them canon. They're taking on the monster form of a legend or myth, kinda like Baba Yaga and Huntress, or the Minotaur and (is it Trapper or Oni?).