Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

More Nerfs for Survivors!

MikaelaWantsYourBoon
MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

MoM nerfed! Yes, BHVR! Congrats! You fixed biggest DbD issue ever. MoM was so busted, it def needed nerf! Good job!

Thana was issue on Plague and Legion. After this nerf, it is still issue on both killers. But perk is dead for other killers. Terrible nerf.

PR buffed and PR + DMS combo also back! Another great job here. PR was so weak, i am glad you buffed it!

No need to say but tunnelling and camping did not addressed ofcourse.

Comments

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 305
    edited August 2022

Is the MoM changes a nerf? Not really, more like a change than anything else but it's clear they are trying to make it more useful than it's current meme status, did they succeed? Not really, but lets not pretend that these changes make the perk any less "useful" than it currently is.

Post edited by emetSdidnothingwrong on
  • ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

MoM nerf was unnecessary and no one is pleased about it, but Thana was basically killed. It's only useful on Plague.

PR/DMS was easy to counter and it's even easier now, stop whining

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

Because most Survivors didn't know how to counter it.

I got value out of it almost every game I ran it, and I only ran it for a couple of games because I realized how bad that combo was on any Killer that wasn't Artist

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

PR/DMS doesn't exist anymore tho, and it still won't even after the Perk changes

• Wewantjason
    Wewantjason Member Posts: 288
    edited August 2022

Both the MoM and thana nerfs are the ai for DUMBEST nerfs I’ve seen on any game in my entire life

MoM sucked before anyway. Now it’s literally only usable if you are doing so much stupid ######### anyone who triggers MoM probably threw the whole match

people will dc the moment They realize a teammate is trying to use it now

thana was op annnnnnd now it’s dog doodle. I’d rather run literally any other killer perk. Unless it’s on plague it’s useless,. There is NO point in having a perk only ONE killer can use

so you took nearly all of our gen slow down PLUS thana now. Idc I’m just going to tunnel out the first person I see from now on to make up for thana point blank.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

I don't understand why mettle of man was included in these changes? People already threw the game to get 3 stacks so people will probably even throw more keeping their endurance

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,672

Because it gave the killer a direction to go in after they hooked a survivor. It feels good when a killer hooks a survivor, and they are given a direction to go to, so they feel like it’s worth it to leave a hooked survivor.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 924
    edited August 2022

While the Mettle Of Man change is definitely a completely uncalled-for nerf of a perk that already got nerfed into obscurity way back, I for one don't think they will go through with the change, not entirely anyway. Hint: Object Of Obession.

I also want to mention that while it is definitely a substantial nerf for the perk, now it will be possible to activate it and take 3 protection hits in a singular chase, if you bring a Syringe (or Styptic, if you can can mend in time to take another hit). The perk loses most of its other use cases, but this one will be more reliable.

I also think the Thana change is very questionable. It was indeed only Legion and Plague who I considered it to be overtuned on, and that's precisely because they reliably can get all survivors injured. Granted, the nerf will still absolutely affect them too, and I never saw Thana as too great a great perk on most other killers anyway, so I do suspect it will fall out of prevalent use... but if anything I would have wanted them to buff Thana such that it is better on most killers, and do so in a way that isn't as oppressive on those two. Something I've always thought would be great for the perk is if instead it reduced the speed of chase actions, i. e. pallet and window vaults, the killer equivalent for Resilience.

I personally have no issue with Pain Res + DMS due to the ability to simply let go of a gen during hooking animations, although they should get rid of gen explosions (and all penalties) upon letting go during a skill check. Mindbreaker + Resonance + Switch will probably become more popular than it's ever been, although the Switch nerf might be too hefty for it to become ubiquitous.

The lack of any word on camping/tunnelling/Decisive Strike is very disappointing.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,672

BBQ auras got dodged a lot, but I would sometimes leave a hooked survivor if BBQ showed someone in an area that is worth traveling to. But BBQ isn’t worth running anymore, and pain res still doesn’t have the gen notification, so I guess I’m better off always proxy camping. If BHVR wants me to camp, then I guess I’ll camp.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,437

I mean, the fact that survivors can deny her power entirely is a pretty terrible design.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Another useless change the devs decided to make even though no one asked for it.

• neotax
    neotax Member Posts: 13

its not a nerf, its a buff because after this people dont give the killer free hit and they do more gens. Mindgames

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

Survivor queue times are still instant, for me at least. And according to Steam charts the number of total players has remained steady which tends to show the longer killer queue times are due to people finally feeling the killer role is fun again so they switched back.

So overall it's not looking bad for BHVR. Survivors, which are the largest group, get faster games which means they'll probably be more likely to spend $$$. Killers have longer queues but overall it's more enjoyable now, meaning killers will also be more likely to spend $$$.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

I'm sure we'll be able to bully them into reverting the MoM nerf like we did back when the devs thought nerfing Rat Liver with no compensation was a good idea

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358

They didn't revert the calm spirit nerf, so I have no hope that they won't go through with MoM nerf.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

Sure, but hasn't MoM been effectively dead for a while regardless?

I mean it's sad that it'll be even more dead, but this will have about zero appreciable effect on the game.

Yeah, those jiggle physics are hawt

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

well with fast Q solo survivor but more tunneling and camping

long killer Q but people dc/dying on first hook making the wait time long then the match it self

they not getting $$$ from me.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    edited August 2022

Man here people really cant go for a day without complaining geez

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

You assume wrong. If there was a drip in the total number of players it'd be due to players quitting as many on this forum like to claim is happening. However there is no such drop. This leads me to believe thtlat players switched back from survivor to killer because killer is more enjoyable now that the meta change has balanced the game a little more. Pre-patch it was the other way around. No one wanted to play killer due to survivors having too many advantages so the queues were instant. Now killer queues are more normal, being 1-3 minutes which is what it was up until about a 1 to 1.5 years ago.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

This. This right here is DbD's problem. It's a problem with the game and this is how players are adapting to it.

There should be more perks that give information when a killer hooks a survivor and with 6.1.0 they effectively got rid of the 2 best ones.

Give us a perk that reveals the generator with the most progress after hooking a survivor. What an awesome perk that would be.

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209

I don't think M is dead. Huge buff if I'm understanding right.

Take a protection hit. Heal up. Body block the killer. Take a second hit then mom activates and you take a third hit. It just works a little differently.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

who even asked for the MoM nerf lol, i barely ever saw it as killer and when I did, the effects barely mattered to me.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    edited August 2022

It doesn't surprise me. They're just gonna keep unnecessarily nerfing survivors until survivors quit the game, apparently. Pain Resonance was fine and didn't need a buff and it's going to cause more issues now than it did before. The only good thing that came out of this was the Thana nerf.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

How are CoB and Overcharge bugged? How is Nurse bugged?

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063

This game is so unfun right now horrible choices are being made