Should there be some sort of safe zone to stop killer tunneling?

Options
jmac6479
jmac6479 Member Posts: 3

I love the game and I will continue to love it but little things like face camping and killer tunnelling make it very unsatisfactory to play when you get taken off the hook and immediately smacked down and hooked again

Should there be some sort of safe zone to stop killer tunneling? 34 votes

Yes
8%
WandapandaTonyDesfoJjjohnson1219 3 votes
No
91%
GibberishTapeKnotF60_31RaptorrotasChordycepsMrPenguinMattie_MayhemOGgaydavidkingaeonskulUndershotSuzuKRFobboMarc_go_soloAdjathaBasementDwellerViktor1853GuiltiiThatOneDemoPlayerAlex_[Deleted User] 31 votes

Comments

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    edited August 2022
    Options
    No

A more reasonable proposition might be: should survivors go to a 'waiting zone' after they're unhooked, so that they can't participate in the game for 20-40 seconds? They don't get tunneled off the hook and the killer has to go find them again once they come in, but they're not working on gens so the killer isn't being wildly overwhelmed by unkillable players sitting on gens and running to "home base" at their leisure.

But people would still complain regardless.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options
    No

No

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,354
    Options
    No

This would not work.

Would be another game.

• jmac6479
    jmac6479 Member Posts: 3
    Options

I mean something along the lines of unhooked survivors getting the endurance status effect for 3-5 seconds without having to waste a perk slot on protecting themselves from face campers.. the effect only needs to last long enough that the immediate hit doesn’t just knock you back down again

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options
  • VicRatlhead
    VicRatlhead Member Posts: 75
    Options
    No

Yeah the built in mini borrowed time is pretty good.

There is a reason why you get points for a safe unhook. Don't do it while the killer is there. I mainly play artist and I can't count how many times I take the time to kick the nearby gen and send out my crows and some idiot is already sprinting in. I'm sure they blame me for camping but 10 more seconds and I'm usually long gone because I make it a point not to camp.

Now they could discourage camping by increasing gen speeds if the killer is too close to a hook. I think that's the main downside to slowing the gens. Camping isn't as much a hazard as it was before. Still easy to get a min 2k by face camping.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,990
    Options
    No

What would discourage a survivor from just sitting in the safezone all game and taking the match hostage?

I think camping and tunneling shouldnt be promoted, but this isnt the way to do it, there are definitely ways it can be abused.