Does anyone actually main Dredge?

Options
DoritoHead
DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Despite being very well-received (well, mostly) I’ve only met a couple of people who actually main Dredge, which is confusing because when it came out I saw a ton of threads talking about how fun Dredge is and praising BHVR for designing it.

Maybe I’m just not paying enough attention but it seems like Dredge quickly just faded away without anyone really sticking around to play them.

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

I main greg because I like eldrich abomination

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,677
    edited August 2022
    Options

Dredge is a decent killer and pretty well made, but he just lacks fun factor. It's not like blight where its super exciting as you zoom around the map outplaying survivors, moving fast, getting hits.

You put the remnant down and slowly walk at the survivor and then teleport to it and m1 them or just m1 them if they dont walk into it. It's not particularly exciting, the only thing really exciting is trying to make plays with locker teleporting but thats not really the reliable part of his kit. Moreover, he's not the easiest to use, unlike killers like legion and Bubba who are kind of brain dead easy even if not the most effective.

At least with a killer like artist you get a similar mechanic when it comes to what it does to force survivors off loops but at least it doesnt slow you down anywhere near as much and there is a skillful/exciting aspect at aiming crows and predicting survivor movements and shes a much stronger killer.

Those things just kind of add up to a killer that no one really wants to main. People who would like his anti loop probably prefer artist. People who like his mobility most likely prefer demo.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Hi.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

At least with a killer like artist you get a similar mechanic when it comes to what it does to force survivors off loops but at least it doesnt slow you down anywhere near as much and there is a skillful/exciting aspect at aiming crows and predicting survivor movements and shes a much stronger killer.

False. Dredge and Artist are both slowed to 92%. The difference is that Artist just slows when placing and launching a bird. Dredge is slowed until he cancels.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,230
    edited August 2022
    Options

I've been mostly maining him. He's super fun. Before that I was maining Pinhead, but he's just so underpowered now that survivors have figured out the box, and before that I was maining Doc, but he's OP, so I mostly save him for hard tome challenges.

Dredge currently feels just right, and it's so satisfying to have someone open a locker and you're right there and you nom them. :)

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

being slowed down for half a second while you place a bird and being slowed down the entire time you walk around a loop is absolutely a massive difference.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I wish i could play it more but he's kind of disorientating so i can't really play multiple matches in a row

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I don't main any killer but I do like Dredge. 🙂 The aggregate stats I'm seeing are it's being picked about average, maybe a little above? (Dredge is 4% pick rate, average is 3.6%)

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

I intend to play Dredge a lot once things settle down a bit. I enjoy the character design, the power, and the basic attack.

It might be my favorite killer and I play them all except Nurse.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options
  • ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

I liked it at the start, but as Survivors got better, I realized how mediocre Dredge truly was, and I moved back to Demogorgon

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,914
    Options

Doesn't make a difference if you get the down anyway.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,322
    Options

Hard disagree, yes blight gives you an instant adrenaline rush, but dredge in nightfall is one of the most enjoyable experiences ingame imo, you are really fast and lurk in complete darkness.

Regarding the remnant if you just place the remnant down and walk to circle the loop, no wonder you find ir boring, I tend to use the remnant much like a spirit short burst, to confuse the survivor and get a hit, very fun.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Dredges chase logic tree is almost identical to Artists, neither are particularly entertaining and they don't offer enough bang for their buck to justify sticking with them otherwise.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,086
    edited August 2022
    Options

I wouldn't say I main him, yet, but since acquiring him i've played him more than just about everyone else on the roster. The animation for teleporting into an occupied locker and grabbing the survivor brings me inner peace.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

Love to go against Dredge. So sad that he does not seem to have many mains. During the event I did spend a lot of BPs on Dredge so I have 480 something cakes on him, but still have not tried him yet. Have just gone back to play killer but not that much, but I will try him out soon 😀

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 286
    edited August 2022
    Options

I cannot main a killer that is responsible for killing a beloved character from the game. Rest in Peace, Maurice.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 947
    Options

He's my second main, first being Artist, so it's only natural that i'd be drawn to him haha.

• Wewantjason
    Wewantjason Member Posts: 288
    Options

You bet your ass I do

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012
    Options

most new killers since trickster tend to poof away after the first week of release

i would main him since he's a better sadako, but getting held back in a locked locker over and over and over tends to get boring the frustrating overtime

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

I played a bit with him but he feels so janky in my opinion.

Slow teleport, boring anti loop, long cooldown, all that makes me not want to play him.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

I am a survivor main, but i do play killer. Up before dredge, hag and doctor where my most favorite killers, but dredge just became my mainkiller after just a few games. I like him very much, but i dont play killer too often.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    edited August 2022
    Options

I don't know if anyone mains them?

However rip Maurice may he forever be within me

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

After I saw Sadako main in the tournament(!), I don't doubt.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

My friend actually does lmao

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

I played him a lot when he first came out, but eventually came the conclusion that he's not for me. He just feels very clunky and janky to play as in my opinion.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

Dredge Main here

I Love the Turkey so much i Never had so much Fun in Dead by Daylight i also alway Wanted to have a Monster as Killer i Love Dredge so much :D

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,676
    Options

I liked him at first but getting locked into lockers constantly got annoying.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

His antiloop is boring and tricky to use as he is so slow. Also I don't like that when you teleport to remnant he does not look survivor like hag so sometimes I miss my hit because of that.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

When I land a basic Dredge attack I stick my tongue out and hiss