Is there any reason to attempt end game saves in solo queue now?

I_CAME
I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238

Other than just being a selfless player? It seems like it makes more sense to just take the 7K and let randoms die on the hook. Before you could effectively get 50% more total bloodpoints if you went for a late game save. Even if you died in the process. This was thanks for protection hits and safe unhooks granting you tokens with WGLF. I ask because i'm seeing a lot more people just leaving at the end. Not that solo queue players were ever interested in helping teammates but still. I feel like this incentivized healthy team gameplay similar to how BBQ incentivized not tunneling to some degree.

Comments

• JaviiMii
    JaviiMii Member Posts: 286

nope. Whenever I attempted a late game save it didn't work out. Sometimes because of a lack of communication in SoloQ, sometimes because teamies didn't know how to save. Sometimes because the hooked ened up missing a skillcheck so we ran out of time and botched it in the process.

I've also moved on to take my attempts / fail skillchecks when I see based on the aura movement that someone is contemplating a save to signal to "just get the f out of here" - cause chances are it won't work out anyway. If I happen to be a rando in a somewhat competent duo or trio and it looks like they're already properly setting up and coordinating via vc (you can really tell after who is probably on comms) I'll give it a shot. - But other than that. Nope.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

nope unless you like an mmr loss

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

Nope, not since they switched to SBMM and only escapes/kills matter in match making. The only reason would be because you're trying to complete a challenge like "unhook someone who unhooked you" or "have x survivors escape before you."

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

It's the same reason it's always been, altruism. It's up to the individual to assess the situation and deem what's possible with their loadout.

If all you want is higher mmr or are just afraid of the risk, then leave and move to the next match. In any case, it takes some serious entitlement to complain about players not attempting in no-win scenarios.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Bt, Guardian, NOLB, WGLF and FTP are all viable options for endgame plays. Noed changes make hanging around more tempting.

I'm liking NOLB in particular.

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454

if they were a team player yes.

if they were crouching around doing nothing?? yeah enjoy yourself on that hook bud.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

7k for escape is too much of course everyone leave, would be better with more score events in survival but less for escaping, without WGLF game need to encourage altruism more

• himheart
    himheart Member Posts: 100

If other survivors don't leave and you're all healthy then why not? Today we did end game save and Blight cried that we were SWF, but we were not. I think that is worth more than 7K bp :D

• Shadowwander
    Shadowwander Member Posts: 7

With all the buffs and disadvantages now it doesn't seems worth it: from what I've seen a lot when someone is hooked you lose an average of three people off gens in solo; the hooked player; the one running to the save--with additional time eaten up if the saver is checking if the coast is clear and/or is healing the hooked player at hook and last you have the player the killer goes after once they've hooked a survivor either cause of detection perks or that third survivor being near enough (if that third survivor was working on a gen then regression perks will set back a lot of that work by the time someone gets back to it (bonus if it's a different survivor who is lucky enough to stumble onto it). And god if no one is running kindred then you might have two people running for the save with all people off gens as long as someone is hooked.

A lot of games start going south once that survivor the killer chases after the hook isn't able to buy enough time before going down so the saver and hooked can get back to their tasks. This starts a chain reactions of hooks and saves with at best one person soloing all the gens until everyone is downed or endgame for the lucky survivor.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

Long answer: Probably not.

Short answer: No.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

For the bloodpoints. Assuming you can escape afterwards, obviously. Albeit, with the glitch right now, even dying would be fine. Might as well attempt escape.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,233

Not really. It's kind of like anything survivor related this patch. Fun, risky things aren't rewarded at all. They're actively punished. I don't know what the devs were thinking with this patch.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I loved using Noed, Rancor, BW. Noed and Rancor let me leave hook and hunt other survivors.

Since escape BP is much more rewarding, while unhooking in end game is much harder with weapon cool down.

And with Noed nerf, my End game build doesn't work anymore : (

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

Yes, to rescue the person who looped the killer for three gens even if it cost me my life.

• CyberRoninX
    CyberRoninX Member Posts: 293

Is there any reason to play this game anymore. Soloq is a ######### disaster. BHVR just ######### on most of their player base with this patch.