The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Reworking Map Objectives

Nitpohls
Nitpohls Member Posts: 18
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

I'm sure this has been suggested before, so I'm wondering the drawbacks.

Instead of sitting on a generator for 90 seconds, could there be objectives (gas, gas can, pistons, tubing, etc) for fixing them found around the map. Each item is then brought to the generators that need them where each of the items takes a short time to install (5-7 seconds). Perhaps giving killers a good reason to keep an eye for such items as well? (not sure what yet)

Would this not make repairing much less monotonous, prevent gen rushing, and perhaps encourage killers to patrol other areas instead of gens. Possible way to freshen up some of the possible staleness?

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Survivor can collect Gas at Gas station. Time to collect 30 charges is 10sec. They can hold 30 charges at max.

Each charge Survivor hold give them ability to repair a Gen charge. A Gen requires 60 charges to complete.

Hit a survivor will deplete their charge of Gas, forcing them to collect Gas again to able to repair Gen.

Because of how effective regressing works with this (no charge no repair, which regression continue). Gens have 50% check point, which if progression is at 80%, the regress it can go is 50%. However, regression rate goes faster.

10sec collect Gas + time travel to Gen + 30sec repair Gen + time travel to Gas + 10sec collect Gas + time travel to Gen + 30sec repair Gen = greater than 90sec Gen. Plus its more fun that way.

• rook10682
    rook10682 Member Posts: 23

This seems like you have an idea. But VERY little idea on how balance would actually work, I mean, just looking at the math and concepts on these numbers. Why have a secondary point where a gen cant regress past half but then it just regresses faster? It could very easily be the same difference here but with an unnecessary change to how progress works. ALL of these numbers translate to time, period. In any event, this feels pretty far off the mark for a good system on that.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I believe the reason regressing is low because its possible for a 90% Gen dropped to 0.

Have a check point on Gen, regressing speed can be faster.