Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should BP gains be increased?

Teslaboi
Teslaboi Member Posts: 107

Since the BP cap was increased to 40,000 from 32,000. (+25%)

Should BP gains be increased? 37 votes

Yes, by the same amount (25% Gain)
37% 14 votes
Yes, but slightly more (>25% - X% Gain)
37% 14 votes
Yes, but slightly less (>X% - 25% gain)
2% 1 vote
No, but uncap all individual categories
16% 6 votes
No, current BP gains/caps are fine
5% 2 votes

Comments

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Killer BP gains are alright, could maybe use a bit of a boost.

Survivor gains on the other hand need a massive boost. Hell, maybe even just a total reworking of their score events. You need to do so many things in one match just to get a decent score, and most of those things are dependant on the behaviour of other players.

You cant get much Objective points if the Killer frequently chases you. You cant get much Altruism points if your team-mates are good enough to keep looping the killer. You cant get much Boldness points if the Killer never chases you. Survival as an entire category has barely any possiblity for score gain other than escaping.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don't know the percentages but ideally all 8 categories of score events should be possible to max out in a given match. It doesn't necessarily have to be easy to do but the ones that aren't currently possible should be buffed so that they are. The ones where it's already possible to reach 10k are probably ok as is.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Uncapping the categories would do the trick. This would also help Survivors who share their BP-Gain with other Survivors and Killers who have trouble filling certain categories (e.g. Pig when it comes to Deviousness).

Meanwhile you are sitting on max Objective or max Hunting and in the end, you are not even close to the 40k maximum. Just uncap the categories and BP-gains will be a bit better.

Also, I think that they should double the category-BP Offerings. So 100% for brown, 150% for yellow and 200% for green. Currently you gain nearly no profit even on a maxed out category. If I use a brown Add On and get 10k in that category, the offering gives me 2k extra BPs, which means I cannot buy a single thing in the Bloodweb from the profit I made. With 100% it would at least be a plus of 7k. (11k for yellow (instead of 3,5k) and 15k for green (instead of 5k)...)

• VicRatlhead
    VicRatlhead Member Posts: 75

Id pretty much always welcome more BP but I think gains are ok for the most part. It's easier to farm points as a killer though.

Survivors kind of get screwed if they focus at all. Some of the best looper/runners get screwed because they spend the bulk of the match taking chase. I think the way points are awarded could help.

Aven's suggestion might help but then I'd worry the altruism category would get ignored by so many people.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Where's the option for "Make BBQ/WGLF" a default mechanic of the game, to reward players for playing the way the game intends (instead of merely the most optimal way)

• ZVom
    ZVom Member Posts: 199

Uncap the categories completely but make the cap for total BP gained per match i.e. 64k (2x more than the old system since we had WGLF and BBQ bonuses removed) and increase BP gains overall. Currently the grind is just hillarious

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263

I agree with ZVom, total BP in a match should have a limit, but the categories should not be capped.