If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Should Ruin even be a Hex perk anymore?

Options
Aurelle
Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Genuine question. Considering it's current effects, it really shouldn't be a Hex anymore. But what do you think?

Comments

• AnotherJacob
    AnotherJacob Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2022
    Options

Ok, not a Hex anymore. Instead will deactivate after first use like DS.

Edit: nvm I did read as NOED.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

I mean, it already deactivates after first death.

So, could pretty much be a normal perk now.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,600
    Options

It already deactivates after a person is killed and takes 360 seconds to fully regress a generator. I really don't think it needs further nerfs.

Literally Surge is now a better perk.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

They should just remove the self deactivation

• Alex_
    Alex_ Member Posts: 143
    Options

Is that sarcasm? Because i honestly don't understand how that would work, as it's not something that has a 'first use' but is something in use all the time.

I would rather say, make it a non-hex perk, as it now deactivates after your first down or hook, i'm not sure. That is enough of a downside imo

• AnotherJacob
    AnotherJacob Member Posts: 65
    Options

Ops, I did read NOED for whatever reason.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,133
    Options

no it shouldn't be a hex anymore or remove the self deactivation and it stay a hex.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 424
    Options

Right now, even Call of Brine performs better in the long run, so the perk shouldn't be Hex anymore.

I think, the perk would be better if it were passive with a ~60 second cooldown or something around those numbers after getting a hook. You know, it'd be strong, but weak if the killer gets to perform better. Basically, it'd serve as a tool to assist the killers when they're havin' a bad day.

Another interesting thought to me was that it could still stay Hex, but working a bit differently; If the Hex totem gets blessed or cleansed, a random Dull totem (if there are any remaining Dull or blessed totems - Yes, it'd „overwrite blessed totems, but it shall prioritize Dull totems to avoid the unnecessary confusion and rage from the majority of the playerbase) will become Hex totem upon getting a total of ~3/4/5 hooks. Of course, we don't have to focus on downing or hooking, it could as well be just injuring, but in that case, the amount of required injuries for the Dull totem to become a Hex totem has to be increased to, at least, 6/8/10 or something alike.

Oh, well.. I guess, I can only dream about such changes..

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,619
    Options

I don't see a reason why it should be a hex perk.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Ruin's nerf was unnecessary...but I didn't even like "New" Ruin anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

If the perk is going to stay that way, there is no reason for it to remain a Hex.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 866
    Options

It should remain a Hex because it's a Hag perk and because it's the most iconic Hex. But yeah, it should not disable itself, that's a completely unnecessary overnerf. The regression reduction was already more than sufficient of a nerf to push the perk out of the meta, which was BHVR's goal, but the self-deactivation just pushes the perk into a territory where people don't even wanna use it in off-meta builds. IMO they could even increase the regression amount again, to like 1/3rd of a charge a second, the perk would still not regain ubiquity.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

In its current state, it should not be a hex. It's terrible.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

They need to revert the changes and keep it a Hex

Or they could increase base Gen regression and think about Gen regression perks (yea all of them... even the ones that take away a % of progression)

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

As others have mentioned it will likely stay a Hex as it is one of Hag's perks. The effects can certainly be changed. It was a meta perk for a long time and I think this is just their way of encouraging you to try something else for now.

There are many alternatives that make generator repair take a very long time as is being demonstrated to me each match I load into.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

This, if they tweak it I think they’d rather buff the regression to 150 to 200% and have it remain a Hex.