This game just isn't fun anymore. I stuck it out, it's still unfun, community liaisons ignore issues

Options

It really sucks because I've put so many hours into this game, I truly was invested and enjoyed the game a lot. But after these recent changes the entire state of the game has just overall felt really really bad. Between waiting in the crazy long killer queue times, survivors just straight up killing themselves or DCing instantly in a match, or just how utterly terrible the solo queue experience has become, all of these problems are just compounding to a generally really unfun experience. Sure there were some unfun moments even before the patch dropped, but overall I've been finding myself logging off of DBD just feeling really bad rather than good much more often now. I've been taking more breaks from DBD to play other games and reset, but the second I come back to play a match it's right back to that awful feeling.

We've been told BHVR wont do knee jerk reactions, but can you even at least acknowledge any of these issues at all? Can you even give us hope that things are in work to improve the game overall? nope....

We bring up that there's obviously a root cause issue with DBD that's causing players to not want to play survivor, and that BloodPoint incentives only mask a problem....and we are given the answer that "well it's a 4v1 game so that's why there are a lack of survivors"....without even acknowledging the fact that killer queues were not even close to the amount of time before as they are now. There IS a root cause problem with the survivor side and it's NOT just because it's a 4v1 game or the attitude of survivors playing it, it's just straight up ignorance to pretend there isn't a problem causing all of this that can be changed.

We bring up that Solo queue is awful even before the patch dropped with all the changes, and now despite it being even worse now, we are given an update that says no solo queue QoL changes will be coming for a full freaking year?! Seriously?! We are just going to completely ignore the thousands of individual feedback we received highlighting this as a major issue and put it on the backburner for a full year...wow.

We bring up that hackers are completely out of control and are running unchecked all over the place, and what do we get, Fog Whisperers get the DC penalty removed....wow, thanks, I'm glad the problem was addressed for the .0001% of the total community and not for the majority of people who actually play the game. And what about the rest of the streamers who advertise your game on twitch that are not fog whisperers? You're just going to completely ignore them despite all the promoting they've done for your game over the years?

What exactly is the point of having Fog Whisperers and community liaisons for this game if none of the suggestions and issues the community is bringing up are even being addressed with us and the DEVs in the slightest. Enough is enough, I'm sorry Mandy and Peanits, I do appreciate the active part you take in the DBD community, but your answers and service you've provided to the community lately have felt more like "We know better than you" rather than a "We want to listen and relay that feedback" approach.

Again, I love DBD and really do appreciate my experience I've had up until this point, and I hope things do change for the better, I wouldn't be complaining about any of this if I didn't really care about the game.

Comments

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

true but other then 90sec gen and killer basekit buffs(why do people keep forgetting about that)

but what killing it for me is the new grind and the less PB gain.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

He means the game plays the same, while gens take longer and killers will use slowdown it results in basically the same outcome as 80second gens with the old gen regression.

Biggest changes was the DH and DS (because no one runs it anymore). I would say tunneling is an issue same as badly matched games but that's not a patch issue

• NekoGamerX
    Options

I never used deadhard and only used DS sometime almost never but deadhard was a needed nerf and DS not working for endgame was good but 3sec stun was over nerf for DS hell selfcare nerf was also dumb.

I mean which this patch there was a lot of good changes but also a lot of dumb ones

• NekoGamerX
    Options

someone who never used deadhard it was needed nerf and buff killer got was great but solo need something anything

like kindred basekit that maybe doesn't show killer but shows who going for save something.

• EntitySpawn
    Options

Oh I always use DH, still do lol.

But yeah alot of changes made no sense like DS,Pharmacy and even the bloodlust changes.

For the most part it was good though, some perks was definitely gutted like ruin or DS but there are definitely people over reacting about it. I'd argue it's the most balanced it has been overall but some base issues still remain like bad teammates (sbmm issue) and tunneling (no punishment/reward to discourage it)

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 490
    Options

I quite thoroughly enjoy the soloq experience.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

"It is what it is" wasn't my response at all lmao. There's a difference in adapting to the reality of a situation and giving up on being able to change the situation. "It is what it is" means giving up on changing it and I never addressed whether or not solo q could or should be improved, only that their information isn't near the same level as SWF.

As for your first point, "survivor" is a general term that includes SWF and solo, but you made no distinction between SWF and solo until you needed to in order to favor your own argument. The game is always tilted in the survivor's favor. It all depends on their skill level and ability to use those advantages. A 4 man SWF that's overly altruistic and ignores gens gives up all of their advantages and basically gives the win to the killer. However a 4 man solo team where the survivors understand to do gens unless they absolutely have to do something else, make safe rescues, stay healed, and not greed for pallets and vaults still has an advantage over the killer.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

no I'm David main hate the perk I was one that would deadhard into wall not worked for me but I also don't like Exhausted perks why I don't use them.

they fix the MM and BP gain and the emblem system pipping de pipping I be happy

• EntitySpawn
    Options

Oh that's fair lol, I'm more of the "sweaty" one DH perfectly as the killer swings but I mainly used it because everyone else did and I wasnt gonna make both roles harder for myself

But yeah I'd like a better SBMM, escapes dont show skill at all and I'd even argue kills arent the best either. And yeah I dont get why the grind is still bad, gonna take awhile to get p6 wesker. I made a whole quality of life post if you wanna comment on it any changes you want (if the devs ever look at it) got some nice changes suggested in there from me and others

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Honestly I'm really bored with the game too right now - it's probably just me being burned out because I have played so much. I'm finding myself not playing as much as usual anymore and don't have that much fun when I do play.

I don't think I'll quit but I'll probably have a break soon - maybe - I am addicted, so.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    Options

This game will never be truly balanced for one simple reason: there are too many variables in any given match that determine the outcome.

In one match, there are all the following variables at hand:

• Killer skill/MMR
    • Specific killer and their specific power/abilities
    • The skill/MMR of four, individual survivors
    • Map size/number of pallets and loops
    • Four different perks for killer
    • A combination of 16 different perks between all four survivors

For these reasons, no matter what BHVR do to 'balance' the game, someone will still have something negative to say about it. Look at the recent patch; don't get me wrong, there are aspects of it that are terrible, but other aspects are good. That whole patch was delivered as a direct response to consistent feedback from the community (the killer hatred of DH, survivors hatred of NOED/Ruin, base-kit BT, etc.). Like I said, BHVR is by no means perfect, but I think it's disingenuous to say they don't listen to feedback or try and keep their players happy.

• NekoGamerX
    Options

maybe just link me

the grind what killing me right now on playing I had all killers and survivors P3 with some I put point in after I P3 lvl 50 them just feels like I wasted a lot of BP now tho I have all perks Yay tho on some I already had all perks.

they need to let us sale back some of the crappy offering item and add on we never use now.

• EntitySpawn
    Options

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333463/community-help-me-creating-a-quality-of-life-list#latest here the link, dont have to though completely optional

And yeah I'm not a fan of it, luckily I never prestiged anyone and straight after the patch everyone was p6 so I got all perks and prestige cosmetics. But I'd definitely love the ability to sell stuff even at a smaller value, so much BP is wasted on stuff I'll never use or be able to use them all (the thousands of brown BP offerings for example lol)

• NekoGamerX
    Options

posted my idea will it happen how dev are I don't think so were going to have 1000 of offering,add on,items

• EntitySpawn
    Options

Yeah that is my concern, but I cant help but try help improve the game by dropping suggestions lol

And yeah wouldn't surprise me, I already have hundreds of brown BP offerings on everyone what's another thousand haha

• OldIronKing
    OldIronKing Member Posts: 67
    Options

If it isn't an attitude problem, why were survivors D/Cing before the killer even had a chance to hook a single person literally an hour after the patch dropped? People were posting "I've played this game for 4k hours now I'm quitting." the day of the patch. People were acting like patch 6.1 is the final DbD patch that would ever be released.

For me the D/Cing and killer queue time was horrible at first but after a few days it went back to normal(ish). My killer and survivor queue times seem pretty even now, which I would say is an improvement.

If I were you, I would just take a break for a bit. While the dev team may not be as open about whatever problems you see (what you are actually complaining about isn't very clear by the way) they were very clear that they intended for this patch to increase kill rates because they didn't think they were high enough. If the changes increased them too much then they will adjust in future patches.

• CryptoMiner
    CryptoMiner Member Posts: 49
    Options

listen... just be quiet and buy the new skins. everything is fine 🤡

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

That's not such great of a solution when you consider that killer queue times are already not in a good spot.

It really just isn't about survivors having to get better. The killer buffs were all great, but they caused some issues that really need to be fixed. Certain slowdown perks on top of 90 second gens just are a bit much for example.

Mots importantly though, camping and tunneling has just become even more effective, and insufferable to go against. That's one of DBD's biggest problems right now, that and maybe solo queue survivors in general not having a fair amount of information to work with.

Camping and tunneling need to be addressed as soon as possible, it's definitely not a problem about survivors not "getting good". Who the hell wants to play against camping and tunneling killers? No one really.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

The game wasn't balanced around casual survivors. The game was balanced around casual at all. Not its just balanced around crybaby killers. Playing killer before was a skill issue now its so stupid that characters don't play different at all.

• bittercranberry
    bittercranberry Member Posts: 454
    Options
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,630
    Options

I have to agree. I have 7500 hours in DBD. I am not even burned out, I really like the game or better - I want to like it.

But the times where it becomes frustrating are more and more. Two weeks ago I was not able to play at all, because I was too busy (getting back home late and having to leave very early resulted in valuing sleep over gaming) and I did not miss the game.

And afterwards there were some of the most frustrating days of playing DBD. And currently, it is basically on/off if DBD is fun or not. Yesterday was alright, today was terrible. First game having a 4 Slowdown-Nurse (at least no Range Add Ons tho) followed by a 4 Slowdown-Blight with strong Add Ons. And Killers like that should not have access to 4 Slowdowns, especially because the Blight was always coming back to the Hook every 15 seconds.

Then I got tunneled two times by a Dredge and a Wraith. Both of them were not good, but the Devs made tunneling and camping super-easy. Like, players complain about Survivors having so many second chances, but if my second changes resolve around Endurance and I can only get one Endurance-effect, it does not matter that there is a Basekit Endurance, BT from the unhooking Survivor and OTR on my end. One hit and all of them are gone. Not saying that they should stack, but it makes tunneling pretty easy.

But I do have to say that I am quite excited about the RE-Content, since I like Resident Evil as a Franchise and I also really liked Nemesis in DBD, one of my favorite Killers to play.

However, really thinking of cutting down on that DBD-Time to not play every evening. Because the game does suck at the moment and the Devs seem to be completely out of touch with their community. And I also dont think that feedback is even appreciated.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

You’ve raised an excellent point about the increased efficiency of tunneling & I just want to acknowledge that. The stacking effect of Endurance was altered following the last PTB, but the anti-tunneling/camping changes weren’t bolstered to address the inadvertent boost those play styles received.

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 155
    Options

I'll admit, I haven't been having hardly any fun with the game this past week. I can't quite put my finger on why, and I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly is bothering me. A lot of the time it feels like I lose 3 gens before my first down, with nothing I could do to prevent it. Other times it feels like I can never down or commit to anyone because they run to far corners of the map or force me to chase forever. It just feels like I'm losing control of everything, and it's stressful without being worthwhile. I hate to be like this, and I'm not blaming anyone or claiming that I know what's wrong with the game. I'm just not having fun anymore.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,922
    Options

As an altruistic survivor, all I can say for now is: play a bit more selfishly. Because everyone else is. I'm still enjoying my games for the most part but the concept of teamwork seems to have gone out the window in alot of my games since the update. I'm feeling alot more on my own than as part of a team.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

First of all. Killer queues are roughly at how survivor queues were before the patch (at worst 5 minutes). So by your logic, killer was in a terrible spot and no one wanted to play killer.

Now in regard of camping and tunneling. Survivors received a basekit buff against tunneling + BT buff + OtR buff. Those are very strong buffs, so i really don´t know why you think those things haven´t been addressed and claim that the devs didn´t do something about it.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Thank you for confirming that playing survivor now is a skill issue.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464
    edited August 2022
    Options

Behavior is doing their best, survivors are playing awfully, not even using kindred, running around hook when killer camps, playing awfully. Behavior needs to buff killers a bit more regarding addons, survs just need to make kindred meta, simple. Stop complaining and being salty. Be a better person by relaxing about a game that is not even close to being bad like other awful games.

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 403
    Options

The biggest issue for me this patch is the leaning away from fun. They increased m1 time and reduced chase time. That's it in a nutshell. Is it possible to win as survivor, of course. Is it as much fun? I think most survivors agree that something has been lost in the fun. And as much as killers want to scream git gud, or get over dead hard, most survivors aren't complaining about that strawman argument.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,691
    edited August 2022
    Options

The basekit buff is not powerful. 5 seconds is no guarantee you reach anything and can be effectively waited out and even partially bodyblocked by the killer. OTR or a teammate with BT is still a hard necessity. The only situations where I've observed the 5s BT being really powerful is versus Hag, Plague with Corrupt Purge, Pyramid Head going for a PoTD on the hook, or killers that can't count and hit someone despite knowing it's going to be an endurance hit. On the killer games I've played, I've had zero problems dealing with it.

OTR is a massive buff and a new top-of-the-line meta perk, but it just replaced DS's spot, and having to rely on perks to mitigate being tunneled out of the game does not fix anything from how it was before. That was ostensibly the situation they were trying to fix, and I'd say they failed at that. Survivors still feel the need to bring an anti-tunnel perk in their loadouts due to the ease, effectiveness, and prevalence of the strategy.

So. The devs did something about tunneling, but it's pretty damn little unless you're hooked next to a window or pallet, and honestly I felt the old system where you could count on everyone to have BT was a better environment to play in; 12s is far more of a chance to reach something than 5s and OTR is a necessity because most people don't run BT anymore despite its improved power (because unlike with DS, it doesn't 'stack' with the anti-tunnel perk people currently run.) Meanwhile, camping is even stronger than it was before thanks to increased gen times and how much more difficult hook trades are with reduced hit cooldown.

If the idea was to 'fix' camping and tunneling, decrease the viability/payout of the strategy, or remove anti-tunnel perks from the top pick rates, there's still a lot more work to do. I have not seen a reduction of the use or effectiveness of either.

I mean, if we're going to be perfectly fair here, you have to realize that a really long chase is exactly as much fun for the survivor as it is frustration for the killer. Running in circles around a series of pallets for two minutes is rarely fun for the killer, and in that regard, the patch improved fun. Fun is a bit of a zero-sum game where asymmetry is concerned.