If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The new Predator "PREY" is trash.

Options
Lyonic
Lyonic Member Posts: 224

How come people are saying this movie is so good? It kind of trashes, just like all the other "remakes and reboots" do, the original. SPOILERS ahead.

The predator has become this, marvel tpes supervillian who just takes out dozens of french trappers with ease.

Every supervillian needs a super hero right? A female lead, native american girl, who has is a poor hunter and has zero experience in war/combat etc - manages to take out half a dozen armed, french trappers in what can only described as a god event. The god event is where the powers of the best knife-fighters, hand to hand combantants etc takes over this womans body and she is some how capable of it.

Like how many "death blows" do you have to dodge before you start to notice how choriographed everyhing is.

Also, I find the whole "throwing hatchet" thing really offensive.

Number 1 - you would not throw your axe in to a tree ever. Just ever.

These things are bound in sinue and are super flimsy - They were not meant to be thrown and abused like this lady's faux metal hatchet.

Also the "rope" she uses does not impact flight of the axe at all, and its also super strong too.

==

She then gets a plant that makes her invisible? As in, makes her as cold as a corpse in seconds ?! What even is this tripe?!

They even set up a whole scene where she is covered in mud as if they were going with that storyline then abandoned it.

Am I the only one seeing this stuff?

===

This "predator" someone could not hear a horse at full gallop until it was struck by the rider. WHAT?! there was no background noise at all.

Our lead then someone loses this master hunter, has a little sleep no worries, then manages to sneak up on a human who was actively looking all around him. How did she move him? Like im not trying to be rude but I watched it back just to make sure. He was quite a large man, how can she move that amount of dead weight from the side of a river? The preadator is doing what ? And this guy managed to escape somehow - do they even care about people escaping now?

How many more franchies are going to get butchered by these coorporations?

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,019
    Options

I strongly disagree, I thought the movie was really good

The movie made it clear that she knew how to handle weapons and fight. She struggled a little bit to actually hunt going after the deer in the beginning but the movie showed that it wasn't because she couldn't handle a weapon and she could hunt just fine as we saw her take down multiple rabbits later.

Everything else you've got is nitpicky kind of stuff with suspension of disbelief. I don't care that a hatchet isn't something you'd chuck at trees. I don't care that her rope was essentially indestructible. I don't care about the magic plant that acts really fast isn't very realistic. I don't care that her bait was a fat dude that she would have struggled to move in real life.

Overall the original Predator is still king of the mountain but that's a classic action movie so it would be hard to top that. Prey wasn't the best movie in the world but it was fun (especially the fight scene with the trappers v Predator). It likely won't hold up as a classic like the original movie but it was well worth a watch, especially since there really hasn't been a good Predator movie since the 90s

• Lyonic
    Lyonic Member Posts: 224
    Options

Listen to what you have said "Trappers vs Predator" - like its some arena brawl. Throwing an axe at a tree while stationary - is different from throwing it at a moving target while moving herself. It's not based in reality. What about the droves of trappers she manages to kill in hand to hand combat? where did her training come from?

You can't base something in "reality" and then change the laws of reality. It's not set in magical land.

My issue is that yes - the original movie is legendary and that's ok - but to say "nothing will ever be as good so we can just take the fanservice". It's not fan service because the actual fans of the franchise are all older people - not these young kids with no attention spans. Look at aliens - it was a great sequel which many prefer over the original.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,269
    Options

Have to wait till it comes to somewhere where i can watch it.

I hope it is good.

But i also thought the last Predator was not nearly as bad as people told. In contrary i liked it.