Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

How to Use the New Prestige System?

VValtieL
VValtieL Member Posts: 18

Before the new prestige system came out, I knew that if I made a character prestige 1 level, that character would be prestige 3 directly after the update came, but I did not have the opportunity to do this and now I want to ask how I can use the new prestige system more accurately. All of my killers at the bottom are at Prestige 3 or higher, but there are still killers that I need to do Prestige 3. There are characters that need more prestige, especially on the survivor side, and now I'm trying to make all the characters Prestige 3, but it's still a grind for me. Do you have a better idea?

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,711

There isn’t really a right or wrong way here.

Prestige is something that you kind of have to do now and not a choice anymore. As soon as you reach lvl 50 you have to prestige to get new bloodwebs on that character.

focus on the characters which perks you want to have unlocked on all the other characters - especially completely new characters. Or focus on the ones which bloody clothes you want (but now you have to get to P6 to get all)

to get BP faster, there are still perks and on killer side powers that grant more BP (Prove Thyself helps getting objective BP faster for example, Doctpr and Legion usually get BP across all category’s without much effort)

• VValtieL

Yes, I mean there is no faster way to unlock all perks on all characters, right? Prestige will already unlock those perks on all characters

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 601

Depends how you want to approach it - if you want to get every perk on one particular character, then I'd argue you want to P1 everyone at least first, because you can always find the T2 and T3 versions of the perks on that one character's bloodweb. Then you can start thinking about P2-ing/P3-ing etc.

That said, doing it that way means you're sinking bloodpoints to get T2/T3 versions on that one character you could otherwise get by prestige 2/prestige 3-ing the other survivors to get them T2/T3 unlocked automatically on everyone. There's not really a 'clear' answer to this unfortunately - it's down to how you approach it.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,711

Yeah, if you really want all perks on any and all characters even new ones then getting all to P3 is the fastest way I think and it’s ‚future proof‘ for any upcoming characters!

• VValtieL

Making all the characters P3 makes sense because all the perks will be almost ready for future characters