Survivors - Stop begging for heals

I am the only person in solo queue who fixes generators. Stop teabagging next to me when I'm fixing because you're too stupid to use a healing perk. I have better things to do than bail out needy survivors.

Comments

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

make the gen 99 and then heal

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

That's why all my survivor builds have CoH in it because I'll just Boom a totem and let them heal themselves. If they are lucky it's also a ShadowStep zone as well....

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

Unless the gen is close to finishing, healing would be a better tactic because it avoids a quick, needless down further down the line. Also, they may have been surviving on that state for some time and perhaps are now becoming weary or jittery, making them more likely to go down quicker.

However, of the gen is close then may as well finish it first.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

If they don't understand that ensuring the gen getting *permanently* done is more important than a constantly in flux health state, they deserve their death.

If I'm running my altruistic build, ill heal them right there. Still hate them tho.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,328

There is a time to solely focus on doing gens and not healing, but to do it always can come with a couple of consequences.

This is also why I chronically run CoH. Teammates with this mindset make the game a 1v1v1v1 instead of 1v4. And in 90% of the lobbies I've been in teammates like you don't get unhooked, no one will take a protection hit for you even if it is very much needed, and if it comes to end-game no one is going to wait to see if you make it to an exit gate, everyone will just leave without a care in the world whether you make it out or not 🤷‍♀️ GL with your gens :)

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

I don’t need to be healed by your stinky poopy hands. Inner Strength is all I need.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Reminds me of this one time a claudette wanted to heal near a regressing generator with ruin.

Some people just dont think about the situation and just want to heal.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 992

Even if a boon is active it's still quicker to team heal than self heal.

Heal the team mate then you can both get on the gen. What you lose in heal time you gain in 2 suvivor repair speed and you're both more secure in terms of health state too.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

150%/2 is no faster than 75/1, but since generators have penalty in cooperative repairing it's always more efficient to heal solo.

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

I bring circle and if a survivor becomes needy with Tbags for heals i just point at the boon

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181

I think we are overusing the word t-bag.

There's no chat, communication is limited. I almost want to make a separate post for this.

At the beginning of the round, if I see another survivor we both double tap crouch, it's like saying "hello". This even goes for reunited, double tap to acknowledge their presence"

Spam crouches afterdoing gen, "woot woot!"

Double tap after heals means "thank you".

Spamming crouch to get a heal usually means "please please please please please please, pleaaaaaaaaase"

Spamming croush while someone is cleansing a totem, "Let me boon dat shiz, my friend!"

Crouch to killer:

Quick pump single crouch, "Come get me" usually in a playful way like a cat or dog ready for a chase.

long crouches, "Noooo please don't kill me"

spamming crouches "hahaha, yeah boy"

On your teammates face after a mori, or in dying state:

"t-bagging"

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

If they're just looping the killer and coming to you for heals without getting hooked or bringing the killer to you, then you should heal them. They're doing their part in keeping the killer busy so you can focus on gens. If they're terrible at looping and keep getting downed/hooked, then don't bother, unless most of the gens are done already. As a survivor, you should be helping your fellow survivors by healing them. Generally if it's one person, and they are doing a good job at keeping the killer off the gens, then you really should be doing your part to heal them. But like I said, if they aren't doing a good job at looping the killer, then don't.

Finally, you're not going to get all the survivors to listen to you, especially with that attitude.

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226
  • sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Thats not true at all.

Because with the boon, you heal at 50% of another survivor, so it takes you 32 Seconds. If another survivor heals you, it takes 2x16 seconds, one time for the one healing, one time for the one being healed.

Where it makes a difference is at genspeed, because there is an efficiency-penalty of 15%/30%/45% if more survivors work on one gen, meaning if 2 survivors work on one gen the time is not 90 Seconds /2 = 45 seconds, instead it takes about 53 seconds.

So in reality, it is quicker to let one guy heal himself with the boon (total healing time stays the same) while the other works on a gen without penalty, and then the other guy jumps on the gen while abou 40% is already done and the efficiency-penalty only applies to the last 60%.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

I’m typically the looper on the team, I can usually last 2-3 gens on average depending on map RNG. Keep that in mind, that survivor might want a heal so he can go back in and keep the killer off you so you can do your precious gen undisturbed.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

The only time this annoys me is when its against a legion without thana. 1.) You're going to get injured again in the time it takes to heal you. 2. By standing next to me bagging you'll give him a two for one special if he comes over. Healing too much against legion is the #1 killer of teams that don't have at least one or two good runners. Do gens.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Good players don't always use healing perks? You should know this. And they might have Inner Healing but have not done a totem. Think before you post.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 374

I think the only self healing perks are self-care and inner healing which are both kind of awful? And bringing 2-3 extra perks just to make self-care viable again means you're missing a bunch of other perks for generators, information, exhaustion, or other perks that help in other sections of the game. If you're in this situation often, bring a medkit, drop the medkit for them, and let them heal themselves? Most people are pretty polite and give you back the medkit afterwards.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

See I would care about healing them IF they would work on the Gen....so far after I would heal they will run away not do a Gen and get back into the chase with the Killer because that's what is "fun" to do.....yea they can heal themselves.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

oh alright ill go run self-care

• BriocheBunny
    BriocheBunny Member Posts: 11

It really depends on the situation, if there's no gens done and the killer has already gotten hooks then gens need to be prioritized but if you can get away with healing someone without hurting for gen progress then always heal.

• caramelpudding
    caramelpudding Member Posts: 118

Someone with the name "DeleteSWF" and a killer perk as an icon makes a threat about survivors shouldn't ask for heals. Ok. In case you are serious: I hope I'll NEVER have you in my team. I absolutely doesn't need someone who doesn't know when to heal and when not (and people here wrote absolute good situations WHEN you can and should heal). I bet you are the first who asks for a heal or you are one of these useless people using self care.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

I haven't been playing bc I was usually the only one on gens in soloQ. Good luck!

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
  • Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893

To me it depends; how close to done is the gen? If I need a heal and run up to someone on a gen that is close to done, I'll just jump right on and help them finish, odds are they'll heal me after. Same applies to when I am the one on the that gen. If its 80%+, I'm finishing it first, unless you're the only other surv still alive, because on of us might need to run the killer for a while.

To me there's a sort of calculus with how many hook states the team has left and how many gens are left. Generally speaking a finished gen is worth more than a hook state, and if a gen is nearly done, that takes priority to me. Not much worse that losing a nearly finished gen; that's a lot of sunk time.

If I've just started repairing, I'll always stop to heal.

All that said, an injured teammate running up and spamming the crouch button isn't going to motivate me one way or the other. I can see you're injured, if it makes sense I'll heal you.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,146

As a side note to this: If you see someone randomly crouching in a chase, it's probably not purposeful t-bagging, it's that they're playing on a controller and are accidentally crouching when they're trying to run.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893

I almost never intentionally teabag, but this happens all the time, and I'm like "well crap, I guess I just accidentally bought some extended aggro".

Easy for your finger to slip from that L1 to L2, especially when you've been playing for a while.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,496

Coming back to this hours later, this post still baffles me.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

plz tell me this is a joke post?