The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why does decisive strike need a nerf?

2»

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@JoakimGrDay said:

True I mean "No One Escapes Death", "Rancor", "Haunted Grounds" & BBQ is quite strong perks. Nice 2-pers perspective

Are you sarcastic?
    Please tell me you are...

• JoakimGrDay
    JoakimGrDay Member Posts: 105

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

True I mean "No One Escapes Death", "Rancor", "Haunted Grounds" & BBQ is quite strong perks. Nice 2-pers perspective

Are you sarcastic?

The truth is. I don't wanna see Rancor / Hanuted Grounds at all. It's ######### that people should die on 1 hit. Noed is enough. "FrEe MoRi"

• Wolf74

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

The truth is. I don't wanna see Rancor / Hanuted Grounds at all. It's ######### that people should die on 1 hit. Noed is enough. "FrEe MoRi"

Rancor and Haunted Ground are pretty weak perks to begin with.
    My guess, you are one of those survivor who want notifications in advance for everything.
    God forbid some survivor would get scared or get a nasty surprise.
    Survivor NEED to know when they are in danger, right?
    :sarcastic:

• JoakimGrDay

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Rancor and Haunted Ground are pretty weak perks to begin with.
    My guess, you are one of those survivor who want notifications in advance for everything.
    God forbid some survivor would get scared or get a nasty surprise.
    Survivor NEED to know when they are in danger, right?
    :sarcastic:

The developers are taking away the reality they have in the game. I want audio mapping. I want to hear wheter the killer comes from my right or my left. Some mind thinking. Don't you agree that killers just have it too easy at the moment?

• Wolf74

@JoakimGrDay said:

Don't you agree that killers just have it too easy at the moment?

What are you talking about?
    Are you playing rank 20 only?

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Rancor and Haunted grounds are fine. They're not even that strong sinceu can stealth it out. Noed however, with the extra movement speed is broken. Absolutely broken. I'd get rid of the extra movement speed and make it so that you recover from missed and successful attacks 10% faster and remove that speed buff. Noed it hard to counter because u can't really stealth if they're so fast.

• Wolf74

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Rancor and Haunted grounds are fine. They're not even that strong sinceu can stealth it out. Noed however, with the extra movement speed is broken. Absolutely broken. I'd get rid of the extra movement speed and make it so that you recover from missed and successful attacks 10% faster and remove that speed buff. Noed it hard to counter because u can't really stealth if they're so fast.

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?
    Noed is pretty much balanced.
    It has a build in counter and you see the speed buff as an issue?

• JoakimGrDay

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Don't you agree that killers just have it too easy at the moment?

What are you talking about?
    Are you playing rank 20 only?

Rank 1 unfortuniately.

• JoakimGrDay

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?

Pretty much all the killer perk are broken if you look at the survivor perks lmaooo

• Poweas

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?

I am serious. A second chance for NOTHING is blatantly overpowered. At least make it so that the killer has to hook everyone once. It's equivalent to DS becuase it has very little counterplay (breaking all the totems for NOED and for DS, you have to juggle) both of them will NOT always work out in favour of the opposite side. So if you think DS needs a nerf and NOED doesn't then you're rank 20 for sure OR NOED is your life saver as killer. "Noed is pretty much balanced" What a joke.

• Wolf74

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?

Pretty much all the killer perk are broken if you look at the survivor perks lmaooo

Which is completely wrong. The killer is the single player against a team, so the killer perks "should be" the more powerful perks, but in fact the better perks are on the survivor side.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

To all those who thinks NOED, Ranchor, Haunted Grounds are the equal to DS, check out my previous post and inform yourself first. Those perks only active at the end of the game or when the survivors chose to trigger them.

If you want to understand DS, just think of a perk, that lets the killer start the match with everyone exposed. Yes instadown from the start. Would you consider this as fair and balance with no counterplay? No totems to cleanse nothing? Just his first hit instadowns you. If you are lucky you can get away with a DS, flashlight safe or enough bodyblock. Such a perk would be the mechanical equivalent of DS, just for killers.

• Wolf74

@Poweas said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?

I am serious. A second chance for NOTHING is blatantly overpowered. At least make it so that the killer has to hook everyone once. It's equivalent to DS becuase it has very little counterplay (breaking all the totems for NOED and for DS, you have to juggle) both of them will NOT always work out in favour of the opposite side. So if you think DS needs a nerf and NOED doesn't then you're rank 20 for sure OR NOED is your life saver as killer. "Noed is pretty much balanced" What a joke.

Sorry, but the only one joking here is obviously you.
    Since DS works from the very beginning it's chang of momentum in the gam is worth much much more than Noed in the late game.
    And the killer did something for it. He picked a perk. A perk that is a dead slot until certain situation happens and the survivor had been to lazy to do totems. The killer prepared himself for the endgame.
    That's the same as picking Adrenaline.
    DS can change the entire game, since the first hooks are the most important.
    A killer perk equivalent to DS would be "4 survivor start the match exposed until downed".

Is suggest you to read this:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/34870/solution-to-the-death-efficiency-problem-solving-the-games-biggest-issue
    Very analytic and well thought out.

• JoakimGrDay

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?

Since DS works from the very beginning it's chang of momentum in the gam is worth much much more than Noed in the late game.
    And the killer did something for it. He picked a perk. A perk that is a dead slot until certain situation happens and the survivor had been to lazy to do totems. The killer prepared himself for the endgame.
    A killer perk equivalent to DS would be "4 survivor start the match exposed until downed".

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/34870/solution-to-the-death-efficiency-problem-solving-the-games-biggest-issue

You're right.But still. They yet decide to nerf survivors somehow :P and buffing killers at the same time. Like the most recent change to a survivor perk was Borrowed time where all tiers got -5 seconds. Small changes that do much in a longer perspective :)

• Poweas

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?

Ok fair enough. But I'm not going to scrap my idea of the killer hooking the survivors at least once. I actually think it's a good idea and it'd make Doctor more used which would make Calm Spirit more used. It's killing 3 birds with 1 stone. About DS I'd just rework that as I suggested in this post https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/33444/d-strike-and-noed/p1
    I honestly think both those reworks could make the perks balanced and not 'toxic'. Idk though you always seem to disagree with me but at least tell me if those reworks are decent or if I am overlooking something.

• Wolf74

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?

You're right.But still. They yet decide to nerf survivors somehow :P and buffing killers at the same time. Like the most recent change to a survivor perk was Borrowed time where all tiers got -5 seconds. Small changes that do much in a longer perspective :)

Are you turning things upside down on purpose?
    We are back to survivor buff time.
    BT was not nerfed, it got BUFFED, because who cares about that -5 seconds when the timer isn't running out in chases??

• TheCatLady
    TheCatLady Member Posts: 60
    Wolf74 said:

@TheCatLady said:

At what point did I say they were "the same"? I said they were both second chance perks that can be denied, which is true,

To make this simple. No.
    Stop comparing these perks, because they are completely different.
    Noed is balanced and DS is op crap.
    Any survivor bringing up Noed in a DS debate is just trying to disguise the issues with DS.

To make this simple, no. Whether NOED is balanced is completely up to individual opinion. Same with DS. You think DS is "op crap" well guess what, a lot of people think that about NOED. Movement speed buff + oneshot = balanced, according to you, "op crap" according to others.
  • JoakimGrDay

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?

BT was not nerfed, it got BUFFED, because who cares about that -5 seconds when the timer isn't running out in chases??

Lmao and earlier they nerfed it even more. Instead of both survivors getting borrowed just one does.

• Wolf74

@TheCatLady said:
    Wolf74 said:

@TheCatLady said:

At what point did I say they were "the same"? I said they were both second chance perks that can be denied, which is true,

To make this simple. No.

Stop comparing these perks, because they are completely different.

Noed is balanced and DS is op crap.

Any survivor bringing up Noed in a DS debate is just trying to disguise the issues with DS.

To make this simple, no. Whether NOED is balanced is completely up to individual opinion. Same with DS. You think DS is "op crap" well guess what, a lot of people think that about NOED. Movement speed buff + oneshot = balanced, according to you, "op crap" according to others.

Feel free to read the link above.
    It's the same that @Cymer posted before.
    Have fun educating yourself.
    Maybe you learn to understand the difference at some point.
    I give you a hint: it has to do with science, mathematics and calculations.
    I hope I didn't scare you away.^^

• Wolf74

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?

Lmao and earlier they nerfed it even more. Instead of both survivors getting borrowed just one does.

Do you remember the time when it affected both?
    With all those crap standoff, because the killer could not swing at the survivor beside the hook, because they would use the attack cooldown to unhook and both escape with BT activ?
    Yea, great times, right? :sarcastic:
    The thing you miss out is "BALANCE". The BT before was unbalanced and the BT now is it again.
    Pretty good job so far.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited December 2018

@Poweas said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Poweas said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

@Wolf74 said:

@JoakimGrDay said:

Are you sarcastic?

Noed is "broken"?
    Again… are you serious?

Not even close to a fair comparison.

DS doesn't have any counterplay.

Juggling is something experienced survivors won't fall for anyway not to mention it gives them 1/3 wigglebar each time you try it and oh look out for that flashlight everytime to try and pick them back up.

The picking up and dropping wastes more time than it would to just eat the DS half the time.

Breaking totems is a 100% failsafe and you have an entire game to do it and 0 risk involved unless you're stupid enough to do it under a killers nose.

Take away the movement speed and the slower killers are made even worse.

Huntress it doesn't work on hatchets anyway so you finally get a decent movement rate.
    Hag is the same.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@donato said:
    It's so easily counterable when it's on the obsession and it's very unlikely to activate when it's on a non-obsession player. How exactly is this perk too strong?

You definitely get to 35% wiggle percentage in 3 possible tries.

About NOED:
    NOED can be totally annulated, decisive strike cannot and their owners have always 3 chances of using it.
    4x3 = 12

If ANY survivor would only have 1 chance, it wouldnt be a problem and would be the same as NOED, but it is not.

Also NOED only works in the endgame, decisive strike works always.

• Cymer
    Once again NOED =/= DS 

The first kill is the most important kill in the entire game to take control of the game and snowball from there. DS deny this. NOED is just a fun post game perk, that can easily be countered even with bonus BP on top of it. NOED kicks in, when the game is over. If it goes off in the first place.

If you want DS = NOED the killer should be able to perform a cleanse on the obsession to get rid off the DS. Like smashing their head against the floor to smack the DS out.

• Wolf74

@Cymer said:
    Once again NOED =/= DS 

The first kill is the most important kill in the entire game to take control of the game and snowball from there. DS deny this. NOED is just a fun post game perk, that can easily be countered even with bonus BP on top of it. NOED kicks in, when the game is over. If it goes off in the first place.

If you want DS = NOED the killer should be able to perform a cleanse on the obsession to get rid off the DS. Like smashing their head against the floor to smack the DS out.

You are completely right about this.
    The problem is, that the Devs think the same as the survivor:
    No one should get eliminated to fast.
    In their eyes, every survivor has a "right" to play a certain time of the match.
    The issue with that is that the Devs might have the "fun" of the survivor in mind, but turn a blind eye on the killers effectiveness in play and the need to remove someone to create a snowball effect.

• Cymer
    Wolf74 said:

@Cymer said:
    Once again NOED =/= DS 

You are completely right about this.
    The problem is, that the Devs think the same as the survivor:
    No one should get eliminated to fast.
    In their eyes, every survivor has a "right" to play a certain time of the match.
    The issue with that is that the Devs might have the "fun" of the survivor in mind, but turn a blind eye on the killers effectiveness in play and the need to remove someone to create a snowball effect.

Maybe there is exactly where the problem lies.
    Right now, we as the community are always trying to elongate the time it takes to do the gens so everyone can have fun.
    We are brainstorming around how to implement more objectives for the survivors, but maybe we need to focus more on the killer. What would happen if the progress/achievement is no longer tied to a 4k. If the killer wins the game by chasing all 4 survivors for a certain time, or regress the gens to a certain threshold? What if the killer has multiple ways to win the game?

In D&D the same happen when exp and reward no longer was tied to killing stuff. This enabled the players to explore other, more fitting and satisfying path and aspects of the game.

It would be cool if the devs would come up with a fun and acceptable solution for everyone.
  • Wolf74

@Cymer said:

We are brainstorming around how to implement more objectives for the survivors, but maybe we need to focus more on the killer. What would happen if the progress/achievement is no longer tied to a 4k. If the killer wins the game by chasing all 4 survivors for a certain time, or regress the gens to a certain threshold? What if the killer has multiple ways to win the game?

Sorry, but that is already what we have right now.
    It's called "the emblem, system".
    Killer "win" and gain ranks by gaining "pips", but to be honest, that's not "fun" during actually playing the game.
    You just get rewarded anyway, even if you did not have fun all game, you get a participation trophy.

• Cymer

@Wolf74 said:

@Cymer said:

Killer "win" and gain ranks by gaining "pips", but to be honest, that's not "fun" during actually playing the game.
    You just get rewarded anyway, even if you did not have fun all game, you get a participation trophy.

Well, my issue with the emblem system is that during the game you don't feel a satisfying impact.
    There have to be something in the game, during the game, what the killer can do to win other than just hook/kill. A way that do not removes survivors.

• Wolf74

@Cymer said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Cymer said:

Well, my issue with the emblem system is that during the game you don't feel a satisfying impact.
    There have to be something in the game, during the game, what the killer can do to win other than just hook/kill. A way that do not removes survivors.

I always advocated for some kind of permanent debuff to survivor for each hook.
    Most likely an action speed penalty.
    So that the killer feel less pressure to remove the survivor from the game, but has more reason to spread the hooks among the team, instead of camping and tunneling.

• Cymer

@Wolf74 said:

@Cymer said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Cymer said:

So that the killer feel less pressure to remove the survivor from the game, but has more reason to spread the hooks among the team, instead of camping and tunneling.

Something like Thanatophobia? Like for each hit taken or time hooked you get a stack and that survivor plays with a reduced action speed. Healing lessens this effect, but never completely removes it. This would also fix the hostage taking in games. at some point the survivors simply just can't do the actions fast enough to compete with the intrusions of the killer.
    It is a possibility, but I see the "nerf" to survivors a problem. Just look at the doctor. He makes the game harder for the survivors with each Madnesstier you put them in. But it is just frustrating and unfun to play against. Not challenging, hard or fun.

• Wolf74

@Cymer said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Cymer said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Cymer said:

Something like Thanatophobia? Like for each hit taken or time hooked you get a stack and that survivor plays with a reduced action speed. Healing lessens this effect, but never completely removes it. This would also fix the hostage taking in games. at some point the survivors simply just can't do the actions fast enough to compete with the intrusions of the killer.
    It is a possibility, but I see the "nerf" to survivors a problem. Just look at the doctor. He makes the game harder for the survivors with each Madnesstier you put them in. But it is just frustrating and unfun to play against. Not challenging, hard or fun.

Either that, or tunnel/camp. Pick your poison.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@donato said:
    It's so easily counterable when it's on the obsession and it's very unlikely to activate when it's on a non-obsession player. How exactly is this perk too strong?

it doesnt as long as NOED exists as it is

Every killer would trade NOED for ds immediately because NOED is a joke compared to DS

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

WHEN IS A PERK A "NOOB" PERK FOR ME:
    1.only an other perk can counter it
    2.the perk is rly strong

The killer can use a perk.
    But it doesnt counter DS complete.
    And the survivor can counter NOED with and without an other perk.
    So for me.
    DS is a OP perk.
    And NOED isnt a OP perk.
    This is my opinion.

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237

DS has to be nerfed because as it stands, two or three gens can be completed by the time a killer finishes a single chase, even he/she pressures well and chases correctly (I'll present video evidence if you come at me on that one, so if you do, you best not miss) Assuming the chase is against a DS user, all that time they put in has a high chance of amounting to nothing if they're able to get to another loop or urban evasion/iron will into some decent cover while you're still in stun.

If you find the DS user first and say to yourself "######### that, it's only going to waste my time" and save them for later which is what most killers do, you take a huge risk. One, that survivor is granted a huge amount of power because they know they're basically untouchable. They can do gens or look for totems with impunity.

And NOED is bullshit. Yes, it's more counterable than DS is, but saying "lol just cleanse totems" is an obstinate simplification. It's not that easy if you can't communicate with your team how many totems have been done. Plus, how many people actually run small game? Not a whole lot.

The only real surefire counter to NOED is small game and a 4 man SWF group that can keep eachother all in the know.

• Wahara
    Wahara Member Posts: 237

Every killer would trade NOED for ds immediately because NOED is a joke compared to DS

That's the damn truth.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Wahara said:
    The only real surefire counter to NOED is small game and a 4 man SWF group that can keep eachother all in the know.

Or, y'know, avoiding the Killer and GTFO ASAP. Dark Sense counters NOED just fine.

• JoakimGrDay

@mcNuggets said:

@donato said:

About NOED:
    NOED can be totally annulated, decisive strike cannot and their owners have always 3 chances of using it.
    4x3 = 12

If ANY survivor would only have 1 chance, it wouldnt be a problem and would be the same as NOED, but it is not.

You gotta hit it aswell :P some moments can be stressfull. It's 50/50.
    Everyone doesn't always have decisive.
    Think a bit more

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@JoakimGrDay said:

@mcNuggets said:

@donato said:

About NOED:
    4x3 = 12

You gotta hit it aswell :P some moments can be stressfull. It's 50/50.
    Everyone doesn't always have decisive.
    Think a bit more

A killer doesnt always have noed and the killer still has to hit a survivor. lol

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@donato said:

And yet, next we'll hear someone else saying NOED needs a nerf when it's so easily countered by just breaking totems.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

Just bring rancor, dont be pussy killer, ds is complety balanced.

• Wolf74

@Arroz said:

LoL

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Wolf74 said:

@Arroz said:

LoL

X2
  • Cymer
    aarongai said:
    The problem with Decisive Strike is that it allows Survivors to drag out chases for an extra 20+ seconds for a misplay on THEIR part. Not only that, but it's a massive time saver to not have to go unhook your teammate. Imagine every Survivor running this perk. 80 seconds is equal to 1 fully repaired generator just for running 1 perk. Also there's no guarantee the Killer will even finish off the D-strike user.
    Exactly, and the death efficiency spriral, beautiful describe by @AlwaysInAGoodShape , enhance the impact of DS the earlier it happens in the game.

DS, Urban Evasion, Iron Will, and maybe a flashlight and you are like a ghost. Just saying.