Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is it me or do gens get completed even faster now?

LatexT
LatexT Member Posts: 111

Before the update the first gen popped a little after I hooked the first guy, which takes from 30 seconds to 1 minute, now when I hook the first survivor almost always 2 gens pop, and almost 1 gen is completed per hook. Even using ruin won't prevent the first gen popping instantly, I tried several times.

Comments

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

I noticed that too, usually you have to tunnel the first guy, letting 4 competent survivors alive= lose no matter how good you are.
    Honestly they should just make the gens 100seconds.

• LatexT

There are 2 kinds of matches now, those 6 minutes ones above mentioned and I get 1 kill, or those where they finish 3 or 4 gens and then 4k... The most normal one actually

• LatexT

@EpicFailTryHard said:
    it's a gen race and if you don't participate as survivor, you will de-pip.

Then they need to have another objective

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    2 gens done by the first hook seems normal/standard for me. I think current rank and time of day that you’re playing will impact your results the most.

There’s nothing in the patch, besides lightbringer being a little easier, that would result in generators getting done sooner. 
  • hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

@LatexT said:
    Before the update the first gen popped a little after I hooked the first guy, which takes from 30 seconds to 1 minute, now when I hook the first survivor almost always 2 gens pop, and almost 1 gen is completed per hook. Even using ruin won't prevent the first gen popping instantly, I tried several times.

Since they have made playing as a survivor way harder, people tend to just escape as quickly as possible. I have noticed this by myself too.

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@hMM said:

@LatexT said:

Since they have made playing as a survivor way harder, people tend to just escape as quickly as possible. I have noticed this by myself too.

How is playing way harder? What are you on about m8

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

@Shipthebread said:

@hMM said:

@LatexT said:

How is playing way harder? What are you on about m8

Pallets have been nerfed, doing jukes is harder because when you take a sharp turn your movement speed slows down etc.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998
    edited June 2018

This has been an issue for years at high ranks, believe it or not.

Each generator takes 80 seconds to solo, like you stated. It can often take that long to find and down your first survivor (sometimes even way longer if they're good at looping), so 2-3 generators will pop by the time you get your hook. That's 8% of your objective done (1/12 hooks), when they've finished ~50-60% of the game. Games can quite literally end in 3-5 minutes (less with BNP) if they're dedicated and you chase a good looper. It's horribly unbalanced, and maybe now finally coming to light due to the emblem system.

I pray they change things, because playing killer just isn't fun. There's no time to actually play with the way things are.

Personally I think they either need to nerf healing/self care, so injuries have more consequences and can apply more pressure, and/or add secondary objectives of some sort.

• LatexT

And now it seems they heal almost instantly when they get off the hook. Before it took a good 20 or 15 seconds, now I see their icons change in 5, when I'm already chasing someone else. Things have gotten too fast for our standards... They need to do something

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    LatexT said:

And now it seems they heal almost instantly when they get off the hook. Before it took a good 20 or 15 seconds, now I see their icons change in 5, when I'm already chasing someone else. Things have gotten too fast for our standards... They need to do something

Again maybe it’s your rank/time of day but that has a lot to do with survivor skill. Most “good” survivors know to stand still after being unhooked to get healed then and there instead of the unhooker having to chase the unhooked for no reason but to waste time. Also there’s a perk that increases healing speed after unhooking someone that I would think is more likely to be used by more skilled survivors who can better plan the best time to unhook. 
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@LatexT said:

Just 1 or 2?
    The first hook is usually worth 3 gens.
    Every hit takes like 40 seconds plus the time to carry the victim.
    3 remaining survivor all work on different gens needing 80 sec MAX will result in 3 gens done on the first hook.
    That's what is called "gen rush", the missmatch in time needed to do survivor objectives versus killer objectives.

• Juya
    Juya Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2018

You can blame that on the emblem which forces the survivors to race over for gen!

It shouldn't really be a thing, but the emblem update came everything became a race for survivors.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

I don't know where you live but I wish I was there, since the release of the game the most common occurence I see no matter if I'm a killer or survivor is two gen fixed before the first hook happen.

Unless there is a major screw up in the survivor side.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Survivors are scared from the pallet changes so they do gens more than they used to because they don’t feel as safe. It even happened in the PTB
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

Overtime survivors overall are playing more and more hours on this game and get so great at hitting the skill checks and that is why you see gens getting done more quick overtime. Also teamwork causes the gens to get done even quicker when not doing a gen alone.

• LatexT

I've been at rank 1 many many seasons, but it was never this fast. So I don't think rank matters... It's just that survivors have too many items and perks to make chases really long, which creates an unbalance between our objective and theirs, like Wolf74 said

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@LatexT said:
    I've been at rank 1 many many seasons, but it was never this fast. So I don't think rank matters... It's just that survivors have too many items and perks to make chases really long, which creates an unbalance between our objective and theirs, like Wolf74 said

People are just starting to play the game properly now, instead of ######### around like idiots and dying for the sake of dying. We're just reaching a decent level of competitivity, even tho the game is still survivor sided. I've actually never seen that many items in my rounds before. I've played like, 30 rounds so far since the update, and I haven't see a single room without at least 3 items.
    People just compensate their loss with something else, mostly because there were still A LOT OF ROOM when it comes to survivor's power.

Gens will get done even faster pretty soon, if another nerf hits them.

Not to mention : It's a good thing, because that's how you achieve proper balance and competitiveness.

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

They need to add more objectives for survivors. It is just done way too fast without hex:ruin.

• Doomsaki
    Doomsaki Member Posts: 152

With every chapter release, there's a lot of experienced returning players. It'll take a while for the ranks to even things out again.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@Zanfer said:
    Overtime survivors overall are playing more and more hours on this game and get so great at hitting the skill checks and that is why you see gens getting done more quick overtime. Also teamwork causes the gens to get done even quicker when not doing a gen alone.

Also we shouldn't forget, that Ruin actually encourages survivors to learn how to hit the great ones. I barely see people gen tapping these days everyone is powering through it.

• LatexT

@Runiver said:
    I've actually never seen that many items in my rounds before. I've played like, 30 rounds so far since the update, and I haven't see a single room without at least 3 items.

This too... I have never seen so many items in my lobbies

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@LatexT said:

It has been a thing since marth did his experiment. Sure, his intentions were great, trying to show the unbalance such that devs can do something about it.

Sadly the whole thing failed because devs are ignorant and dont give a #########, but at the same time survivors strated to realize how much power they have and how fast they can complete gens. Sad thing is that you even gain a lot of BP with this strategy, even if you dont pip every game

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Master said:

@LatexT said:

It has been a thing since marth did his experiment. Sure, his intentions were great, trying to show the unbalance such that devs can do something about it.

Sadly the whole thing failed because devs are ignorant and dont give a #########, but at the same time survivors strated to realize how much power they have and how fast they can complete gens. Sad thing is that you even gain a lot of BP with this strategy, even if you dont pip every game

It's a good thing.
    It shows the unbalance of this game even more. The more we experience 3 to 5minute rounds, the more devs MAY (lol) realise how unbalanced the game is in the current state.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Runiver said:

@Master said:

@LatexT said:

It's a good thing.
    It shows the unbalance of this game even more. The more we experience 3 to 5minute rounds, the more devs MAY (lol) realise how unbalanced the game is in the current state.

I am pretty sure they realized by now, but they show no intention to change the core mechanics

• Markness
    Markness Member Posts: 242

@Master said:

@Runiver said:

@Master said:

@LatexT said:

It's a good thing.

I am pretty sure they realized by now, but they show no intention to change the core mechanics

The biggest disaster was when you couldn't rank up as survivor because you did the gens too fast because the killer did not have hex:ruin. The game is really unbalanced unless the survivors take it easy on the killer.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Freudentrauma said:

@Zanfer said:

Also we shouldn't forget, that Ruin actually encourages survivors to learn how to hit the great ones. I barely see people gen tapping these days everyone is powering through it.

yupp exactly, ruin makes you practice the great skill checks even more