The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A lot of cheating going on

I took a break for almost 2 years and came back about a week ago or so. In that time I've seen a hell of a lot of cheating. As a survivor, there will be killers who specifically lag as soon as they chase you (but everything was fine prior to the engage), and then you're getting hit from 10 feet away. The majority of games I play as killer result in the first survivor I hook or down, disconnecting and keeping their items. I've had survivors when caught in traps or the like, may lag switch and I am unable to even pick them up, but they remain in game and become active again/loose after I give up and walk away. People are lag switching/speedhacking in what looks like a repetitive sprint burst every 5-10 seconds after the gap is closed. I saw that dedicated servers are coming in 2019 (thank god), but the current situation feels like this is just the current state of the game and there is likely little enforcement/resources/whatever available to stop it.

This is just feedback- I love the game, but the current meta feels toxic and broken.

Comments

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Slyther83 said:

I took a break for almost 2 years and came back about a week ago or so. In that time I've seen a hell of a lot of cheating. As a survivor, there will be killers who specifically lag as soon as they chase you (but everything was fine prior to the engage), and then you're getting hit from 10 feet away. The majority of games I play as killer result in the first survivor I hook or down, disconnecting and keeping their items. I've had survivors when caught in traps or the like, may lag switch and I am unable to even pick them up, but they remain in game and become active again/loose after I give up and walk away. People are lag switching/speedhacking in what looks like a repetitive sprint burst every 5-10 seconds after the gap is closed. I saw that dedicated servers are coming in 2019 (thank god), but the current situation feels like this is just the current state of the game and there is likely little enforcement/resources/whatever available to stop it.

This is just feedback- I love the game, but the current meta feels toxic and broken.

It's under the report area with the weird face any pc hacking gets reported there once verified and if you have proof you can submit a manual recording to a mod or dev via a ticket with there steam name for 8t as well