Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Should Freddy receive yet another rework?

AshyBashy
AshyBashy Member Posts: 28

Nearly everyone hates Freddy in his current state. Some could argue while before the previous rework he was the weakest killer in the game, now he just isn't fun, along with him in general being nerfed into the ground in recent years. Do you think he should receive another rework?

Should Freddy receive yet another rework? 37 votes

Definitely.
94%
JAZC_CRSpacingLlamasF60_31brokedownpalaceAztreonam78JawsIsTheNextKillerMrPenguinRobotfangirl67MeneLawFilthyLegionMainAshInTheTallGrassMekochiArchAbhorFobboleviivelIlliterateGenocideBrokenbonesTheArbiterPSPnakotamcc 35 votes
No, I think he's just fine how he is.
5%
JarkyTaxman232 2 votes

Comments

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163
    Definitely.

He needs one at this point. He's just so lame compared to what he should be.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    Definitely.

Do it again BHVR

PROPERLY THIS TIME

• AshyBashy
    AshyBashy Member Posts: 28

His power just doesn't scream Freddy to me. He looks like Freddy, sure, but his power? Some snares, dream pallets, and occasionally the survivors having to be woken up, that's basically it. With other killers being adapted so well from their source material, Freddy is a major disappointment.

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181
    Definitely.

I'd be happy if his teleport went faster.

Also the dream state is more of a buff, imo. Everything goes bright as a survivor, I love it. Dream state should be less rewarding. Especially with Dredge making it so I can't see anything.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360
    Definitely.

Not a full rework but needs a good look-at.

Dream Pallets would be better as the default because they are weaker, but more fun. It makes no sense to bring an offering to make his power weaker.

His addons are terrible. Louder footsteps etc. They don't have to be spectacular, extra puddles/pallets etc. Right now its so difficult to actually pick anything useful.

Also needs a Robert Englund Freddy skin.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Definitely.

Bring back old Freddy. Old Freddy was unique whereas now he's just a bad hybrid copy of other killer's powers.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    Definitely.

They killed him for not reason, his addons were the problem not his base kit

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,637

Not a complete rework. Just an add-on pass and a power update. Like they did with the legion.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,845
    Definitely.

As long as we don't go back to old freddy then sure.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847
    Definitely.

wow its unanimous. He needs a more creative power considering theres so much you could do with him.

• leviivel
    leviivel Member Posts: 277
    Definitely.

Bring back old freddy but give him the dream pallets and teleport + give the teleport a shorter cooldown (and let it work on exits).

genuinely, old freddy might even be better than the current version currently.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Definitely.

I just want old Freddy back, but I know that's never going to happen.

But current Freddy is so boring, he needs something to make his gameplay more fun.

• zHypnotism
    zHypnotism Member Posts: 79

while he does need changes im not sure wether it has to be a complete rework from the ground up

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Definitely.

I don't know if anyone here remembers, but the first week of Freddy's initial release was the best version. It takes longer than a week to learn counter play to a new killer. Not to mention the cycle of a new release, the first week or two the character is everywhere and then it thins out and returns to a normal cycle. Why BVHR decided to not wait for that on Freddy is far beyond anything I can conjure up. His strongest attributes were being invisible until you were "asleep" , chaining putting survivors to sleep and seeing auras beyond 20 meters. He was still very weak at countering loops and generator pressure.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942
    Definitely.

yes, bring back old Freddy