Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,002
    Options

Thats it? There not getting banned because they didn't break any rules

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

not to side with the guy in the screenshot or anything like that but replying to these sorts of people just gives them the attention they want, not to mention posting on the forums about it

honestly if it bothers you that much turn off endgame chat or just learn to take it. i like responding to salt by just saying "gl next match" or something similar lol.

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320
    Options
  • Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320
    Options

I've been in games of league where people legit call each other the N word among other slurs and none of them get banned.

The level of toxicity that goes on there and what you shown are nowhere close to the same. I know you say you don't like hearing it, but for real, you need to grow thicker skin if what you screenshotted genuinely bothers you.

Again, just close the chat

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209
    Options

I've gotten way worse than this. This is super mild. Nothing ban worthy

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,341
    Options

There was nothing worth banning anyone over in the screenshot you posted. I hope you never have to interact with truly toxic players because this is very mild compared to things I've seen before.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

There's banter, and then there's being a gigantic bully and kicking people when they are down.

You don't need to have the gold standard.

Just...some standards would be nice. I don't know why people like yourself support making other people miserable unnecessarily online - to me, that speaks to severe personal issues that you'll have to deal with sooner or later. Because this stuff always escalates.

Franky, if this sort of player quits - good damn riddance.

It isn't 2008 anymore. People get turned off by terrible communities. Hell, I remember League of Legends before and after Tribunal, and it was...oh, just so much better.

Yeah, they absolutely do get banned for it. League's automated tribunal is even more fussy than the player driven version. It just escalates, so you get a warning, then 1-3-7-14-perma.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096
    Options

I'd agree some players who blatantly trash talk should just get banned 🤷‍♂️.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Okay, so what you do to these types of survivors is that you ignore them. They did not even say anything interesting. How could you possibly humor them? I commend you for finding a way, but it was such a waste of your time. It was just a generic "you so bad" which you get when you 4k them at 5 gens, by the way. Not sure if you were aware as you seem relatively new, but that is like their basic defense mechanism. And also lol at mods saying this is not against the rules but penalizing me for calling survivors Mickey Mouse types. I guess I should just get more vulgar and maybe I will be fine.

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224
    Options

Not sure why you have a problem with tbagging. “Tbagging all game long is weirdly contended as OK” so? Lmfao. Do you honestly honestly think that somebody should be banned or even suspended for 5 minutes for tbagging? Lmfao that’s ridiculous. If tbagging offends you then maybe you should stick to games like Mario or some offline game lol. But anyway, those messages weren’t really that bad and I don’t see them being bannable. If you consider curse words as bannable then maybe you’re not old enough for this game (idk some people are literally 12 and play this game so it’s possible) or maybe you should stick to offline games where nobody can hurt you with their words

• ThiccBudhha
    Options

But you can teabag in Mario. The good ones, at least. Horrible suggestion on your part. You have to recommend a game without crouching. Disco Elysium was the last game I played without crouching. The ending is awful though, I would rather get teabagged than relive that horrific writing.

• D2night
    Options

I meant the originals like super Mario bros where you don’t verse online people and go through the levels yourself, thats also why I said “offline games”. Dbd is a forced online game, super Mario bros isnt

• ThiccBudhha
    Options

I take it back, his best course of action is to purchase Ghostface and take back some respect with the superior bags. He can't run from this, he has to face it, D2night.

• D2night
    Options

Lol yes he can do that. It’s always fun messing around and being a jerk back to people. It’s what online gaming is. There’s no way you can play dbd and not ever take a match competitively.. and when things come competitive, gaming talk becomes relevant in those situations and like others said, it’s stress relieving sometimes. So while the tbagging as ghost face will help to reverse the tbagging done from survivors, OP will still be upset by the chat afterwards. So I think OP should just come back with some one liners in gaming talk to combat those people. Just please don’t use the “but you died” one lmao I hate that one. “Why hit me on hook, I looped you for 4 and a half generators, you’re bad ez game” - “but you died”. it’s so annoying

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,181
    edited August 2022
    Options

People are salty if they win and people are salty if they lose. There is no pleasing them. Ive seen worse insults and ive gotten worse insults. Just kill them with kindness never lower yourself to their levels. Sarcasm and kindness works and they usually quiet down :)

I do still think the game should apply a mini ban to people like this. Some insults and slurs we get here are horrible and some people might be in bad headspace to take them.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,357
    Options
  • drsoontm
    Options

It's true that some apathetic reply or a nice one with some <3 can take them by surprise and disarm them.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

It is a common misconception that people like myself behave this way to make others miserable.

It is sensationalist behavior--seeking nothing more than a reaction.

Don't think I speak on behalf of those who make personal and intolerant comments.

While I might see little wrong with the behavior OP shared, I do recognize a line that can't be crossed.

Some people do come from a place of ignorance and hatred when they make comments in-game, but it is unfair to put us all in one box.

I don't expect you to understand. I just want to make you aware that this behavior is a form of entertainment for some people.

Trash-talking predates modern history, so it's not like this is a new phenomenon. I expect those who can't tolerate a simple 'gg ez' to acknowledge their limit and mute chat--it's a tough pill to swallow, but we can't ask society to walk on eggshells because of our own short-comings.

OP had multiple opportunities to leave the conversation, and instead stuck around the poke the bear. It's hard to garner sympathy when the whole situation is completely avoidable.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670
    Options

The very first time I ever played DBD, someone sent me a voice message on PS4 and told me I was trash and blah blah blah lol

I also responded "lol!" because I genuinely laughed. I couldn't believe someone would do something like that, let alone think it would bother me. Of course I was terrible! It was my very first time 😂 And so what? Being bad at a game has no bearing on my worth or confidence.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,122
    Options

I've found that most people who are jerks will respond to LOL in one of three ways

1. They'll keep mocking you, in which case you just keep saying LOL and they get more and more unhinged
    2. They leave
    3. They get SUPER pissed that them being a jerk isn't having an effect on you

At least for two of those three, I get to have some fun with it :D

• ThiccBudhha
    Options

They always go to option 2 when I laugh at them. Which is unfortunate because I only hit them with the "lol" if they were actually funny. I did not want to scare them away! 😩

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,342
    edited August 2022
    Options

Am I missing something?

This is like the least offensive chat I've ever seen someone complain about

• Whoudini
    Whoudini Member Posts: 309
    Options

Just don't engage with them. Behaviour would be swamped if you could report players like these. Also as said by an official of Behaviour themselves these people did not break any rules so therefore nothing will happen. Just forget about it and move on.

• deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 752
    Options

boggles my mind how many people replied to this being like "you should have thicker skin" and not "we should definitely have rules and moderation that at least try to cultivate some kind of positive environment in game".

if any of these messages were posts on this forum they would have been removed. and honestly i'm disappointed that so many of you turn a blind eye to this.

this isn't healthy. these people should be removed from the community, not tolerated or welcomed as a part of it / a fact of life. what the hell, guys.

• drsoontm
    Options

It's mission impossible. Millions of players, using many languages ... there is enough work with the really bad cases without caring for kindergarten crap.

In Europe I get the insults in many languages (I understand most of them).

As for an automatic filter idea? Impossible too: words in one language don't have the same meaning (at all) than in others (including English).

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 598
    Options

Turn off chat. Problem solved

• ThiccBudhha
    Options

What else can you do? Behavior says this behavior is fine. Of course they are wrong, but it is not like I have any input here.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

You know that you're making other people miserable. Otherwise - you wouldn't do it...

You completely misunderstand me.

You might just have to accept that this is a character trait you'll never understand, because I don't think you're going to believe what I'm about to say next...

I have multiple gaming friends whom I've known for 5+ years now, whose first interaction with myself or another one of my friends was trash talking--saying things significantly worse than what OP captured in his screenshots. Whether it was during a game or after, both parties hurled insults at eachother, one thing lead to another, and then next thing you know they're in our Discord becoming great friends with everyone. Fast forward several years, and these same guys are meeting up IRL for ski trips, bar crawls, etc.

Not everyone is going to respond to this kind of banter the same way, and that is fine--different people draw the line at different places. But why should I have to draw the line at 'gg ez' because you refuse to accept that there wasn't an intent to harm?

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

I mean, you're just giving him the satisfaction by chatting him up, just say gg and leave

• Elessar93
    Elessar93 Member Posts: 92
    Options

So, let's say I write this kind of things in this forum too... Am I allowed to do this without getting moderated?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

End game chat and the forums are two different things, there is no competitiveness on the forums, a match isn't being played, literally every video game allows slight digs at people, considering this game is for like 16+ I think we can get over someone calling us bad or saying their 4year old sister could play better, lol.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 578
    Options

And this is why I always have post-chat off.

Nothing good from having it on.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

This community is awful. I play David a lot, especially since it was revealed that he's part of the LGBT community and I actually got a lot of insults from one of my survivor teammates the other day.

I didn't even do anything to the guy... I guess he didn't like me playing David and using the pride charm. This stuff doesn't bother me, but I don't get why people have to be this way. It's just sad to be honest.

• Elessar93
    Options

Toxicity and respect are not just a forum thing. I don't care if you are my opponent in a videogame. You shouldn't be allowed to mock anybody. Forum or not.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

i STRONGLY disagree. Lack of respect is something that shouldn't be allowed in the 1st place. for that logic then you can disrespect everyone just because yes, but i was forgetting that we are talking about a company who put a censor filter in the endgame chat that won't work correctly (a lot of normal words will be censored for no reason, and for that people can misunderstood things) and do more harms than benefits, we are talking about a company who doesn't ban people for extremely bad insults and mean things said in the endgame chat (did various reports in all my hours on dbd both in game and in the official site, mostly death threats, wishes that me and my families die of cancer, racism, etc etc) but guess what? noone of those players was banned (a couple of them were also streamers so it wasn't difficult to see what they were doing). If you are convinced that this is normal then you won't have troubles to have people keep insulting/mocking you all the time... well, good for you i guess

• drsoontm
    Options

I have only pity for the little bullies who feel the need to be rude like that in the end game chat. (For many reasons. I can't go there without going pretty dark so I won't.)

However you should be allowed to mock anybody. Nothing is sacred.

To be clear is just that sentence I can't agree with.

• Seanzu
    Options

Death threats are a little different to "gg ez", and yes death threats should absolutely be actioned on but terminating someones account over GG EZ would be ridiculous.

I give you props for trying to imply I would want that kind of language to pass by simply because I don't think what's in OP should be bannable, also I literally have a recording of a streaming going live and getting banned after I report I made, do you know what they said in EGC to get banned? "I killed your friend because they're gay". They were given a 3 day suspension, afaik BHVR work on a 3 tiered system, 3 days, 1 week, perma'd. So just because someone said something to you and wasn't immediately banned does not mean they were not punished for it.

• Seanzu
    Options

Y'all get so pressed about anything really, dude could have gg'd and gone next yet sat there and replied back to them just to come to the forums and moan about it, banning these people wouldn't make the game any better, hide chat if gg ez is upsetting to you. I think every time I've seen someone complain about EGC they've sat there and argued with the other person and then screenshotted it, you'd have a better experience if you just moved on.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

From what I can see, this is the classic "I won, you noob, get better" situation. It happens everywhere. No need to make a report on that. You need to only report very important stuff like Death threats for example.

• Elessar93
    Options

Which they do nothing about. Did it several times. Not a single response from them. There is literally no moderation in game.

• Elessar93
    Options

Ok so now it's op's fault for not quitting the chat. Unbelievable.