Mettle of Man nerf unjustified

Goblets
Goblets Member Posts: 25
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I would like to voice my sadness about the mettle of man nerf, altho it was some time ago it's sad to see this perk was nerfed.

Sure i did not use it alot & it was more of a fun meme perk, but sometimes you want to switch perk build and have some fun and be protective of your teammates.

I can't recall seeing mettle of man when playing killer either, sure must have been someone using it sometimes but can't recall anyone getting any value out of it then either.

Bhvr, this nerf was not needed, what is your thought process when you decided to do this? the perk should be brought back to life.

What do you community think of the mettle of man perk situation?

Also a little spicy side topic, im still rocking Dead Hard, it's still the best exhaustion perk even with the nerf to it.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,383

They stated it was for consistency with endurance effect since it was causing confusion.

While I do think it's important for mechanics to be consistent with each other, it does suck to see MoM getting nerfed as a result.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979

Pretty sure one day one of the devs were playing killer one day against someone using it and got salty that they couldnt down them

Thats literally the only reasoning i could possibly think of

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,616

It's pretty clear that they didn't consider it a nerf, for one.

Which isn't even that insane considering that it's clearly now supposed to fill a different role. It's easier to get, but you have to use it pretty much in the same chase it activates or you'll have to really go out of your way, that doesn't seem substantially weaker to me. It's not like MoM was a good perk before, after all.

Even if it is a huge downgrade, there's a difference between a perk being overhauled and a perk being nerfed, even if the overhauled perk ends up being weaker.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,944

not at all, and we explained our reasoning behind it.