How do you send in video proof..

Options
If I clipped a game where the survivor was teaming with a killer to farm the other 3 of us, how do I submit the video as proof they were cheating? 

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

@Peanits do you think you could help OP out?

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    Options

@Dinaqma if you are on console, you can’t. There is no reporting mechanism, or banning, available to consoles, at this time.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Kaelum said:
    @Dinaqma if you are on console, you can’t. There is no reporting mechanism, or banning, available to consoles, at this time.

There is a report system, and reports are being logged. Bans are the only thing that don't work. Once they're up and running, depending on the reports, people will be banned.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    Options

@Orion said:
    There is a report system, and reports are being logged. Bans are the only thing that don't work. Once they're up and running, depending on the reports, people will be banned.

The only thing you can do on PS4 is click on an icon. You can’t supply any text, or additional information (i.e. pictures or videos). TBH though, do you really think that they are going to go through over a years worth of reports? And that is only if Microsoft and Sony allow them to do so, which is extremely doubtful on the Sony side. The best that they can do is lock players from using the dedicates servers once put into place. Sony does not allow publishers to lock players out of a game that they payed for. Since KYF will not be on the servers, they can still play that, which is how they will get around the Sony issue.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Kaelum said:

@Orion said:

The only thing you can do on PS4 is click on an icon. You can’t supply any text, or additional information (i.e. pictures or videos). TBH though, do you really think that they are going to go through over a years worth of reports? And that is only if Microsoft and Sony allow them to do so, which is extremely doubtful on the Sony side. The best that they can do is lock players from using the dedicates servers once put into place. Sony does not allow publishers to lock players out of a game that they payed for. Since KYF will not be on the servers, they can still play that, which is how they will get around the Sony issue.

You're assuming they don't go through them right now and tally up the score.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    If I clipped a game where the survivor was teaming with a killer to farm the other 3 of us, how do I submit the video as proof they were cheating? 

Send the footage to the support
    https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

But dont forget to report the survivor always ingame, without an ingame report they cant do anything (for some reason)

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited December 2018
    Options

one way is to upload it to youtube and give them a link

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    edited December 2018
    Options

Create a ticket under "Additional Player Report Information". Fill it out (please make sure all the fields are filled out correctly) and either attach your video, or if the video is too large, you can upload it to another site such as Youtube and paste a URL in the ticket.

Please make sure you report them in-game as well, or else we won't be able to do anything with it.

@Master said:
    But dont forget to report the survivor always ingame, without an ingame report they cant do anything (for some reason)

It's for verification purposes. That's what stops someone from framing someone else by having their buddy change their name to look like yours, doing something that would get them banned, and then reporting you for it. Or in the case of chat related things, it saves the chat log for us to review.

• OptiiicYC
    OptiiicYC Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    Options

This guy showed my place to the

killer.