The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Just revert Nurse's power to pre-1.9.0

popoles
popoles Member Posts: 831
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Before 1.9.0, Nurse couldn't "cancel" her blink. If you overcharged it, you had to teleport the whole distance. You couldn't look down or near the chased survivor to correct your blink.

And IMHO the fact, that you can mess up and still have a chance to correct it, makes her too easy.

(Keep the blink cooldown if needed, of course.)

Also, making her unable to look up to teleport to higher levels (like in Midwich and The Game) could make her not so powerful on these maps (she still could blink on these levels, just not go there directly from lower ones).

I feel like this could make her harder to master, while giving survivors more chances to mindgame her.

Comments

• Metronix
    Metronix Member Posts: 226

That's a really good idea. The best one I've heard so far. I agree with you.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Might not be a terrible idea. I'd be down to try this out in a PTB at the least.

Seemed like an unneeded buff back then anyways.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

They allowed her to cancel her powers to put her in line with all the other Killers who could cancel their powers.

Yes it would make her harder to master but handicap her on multi level maps considerably, she already has trouble on those maps because the Player has to guess if they are blinking to the right spot. This will make her useless on those maps because her base movement speed is slower than Survivors. You would have to give her a major speed buff to compensate for making her unable to look up or down.

There are many ways to mind game her now as is just players refuse to learn them or use them because they think that the counter to her should be like all the other Killers.....

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    edited August 2022

I don't see how it would handicap her. Teleport to stairs, walk them up, continue teleporting. And guessing if I am blinking to the right spot seems very easy to me. She used to be like this before 1.9.0 and nobody had issues with it.

She can look down to teleport down.

There are some mind games, this would introduce some more while making her harder to play.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Especially on indoor maps which are basically the major ones that have multiple levels there are a lot of LOS blockers that you can use against her. On top, survivors can use multi level maps against her, because on upper levels she cant "cancel" her power as she would go down a level when you are upstairs.

I think this change is too map dependend to be "good"

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    edited August 2022

Her readjusting distance is literally part of the mindgaming. Making it literally an auto unavoidable miss the second a survivor doubles back is utterly moronic. Removing ability to traverse floors screws her ability to play on any multi floor map which is utterly moronic.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

Did you think of the long stairs of RPD? Or any height difference for that matter? That would be bad if she could only walk. Just make her blink attacks special attacs. That solves a lot of problems