Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thoughts on PTB changes?

2»

Comments

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I do agree with that. It's still going to be a strong perk, but there was no reason to nerf it's effectiveness from the ptb.

Though, I have to ask, did you ever use this perk against a camping bubba in the ptb? And if so, effectively? Because I feel like the very limited range will make it kind of hard to proc against a Leatherface, as he'll just insta down you with his chainsaw. Which is one of the reasons I wish they would have increased the range of Reassurance to 12 or 16 meters as a compensation buff.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I did not, but that's because not a lot of people played anything other than Wesker on the PTB (much less wasted time trolling). You have a point, but at the same time - I don't know, they probably would have adapted to Reassurance, but most of them hug the hook and only rev if you moved to save. They usually play it super safe so nobody can sneak in from behind while they menaced you. It's also very easy to use Reassurance on the basement hooks, which is their favorite place to be. But I do agree that 6m is pretty punishing for the current power level. I'd rather see the perk buffed in a way that it's individually stronger, but I'd take that compensation in a pinch.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

Personally I don't care about the PTB changes at all to give an opinion. I only care about the live version. I believe it's wasted effort to wrap around our heads on PTB changes, since it's a work in progress. those who play there keep playing, keep exploiting and abusing the hell out of the perks to show their flaws, and they will be adjusted if needed.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

It was necessary. that's why it was adjusted. it was tested, and adjusted precisely because it was needed. That's why PTB exists to see how things perform.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Anyone else surprised they didn’t touch Hyperfocus? You could do a gen solo in like 50 seconds on the PTB.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited August 2022
    • Decreased the collision detection for Virulent Bound to 20cm (was 45cm)
    • Decreased the Survivor detection for Virulent Bound to 20cm (was 40cm)

Either their original values were stupidly huge, or this is an absolutely massive value adjustment without having a playtesting period that it apparently desperately needed if the first values were that far off in the first place. Half the collision radius on both ends? That would mean its overall collision area to register a hit went from 85 to 40 with the movement data of two entities both having more room for error in the result. If it was just adjusted on wesker's end, it would have fixed the issues for both sides evenly, which is I guess why so many people are saying something in the middle between PTB and now is what would be best. Also definitely explains the rollback issues people keep reporting with it removing hits.

also semi-unrelated but: "Tentatively fixed an issue that caused performance drops for users with large friends lists."

im sorry wat