Better Than New changes are almost good, but I have an idea to make it a fun perk.

So, according to the Developer Update, Better Than New will now grant the survivor 16% extra speed until they are injured again and doesn't affect gen speeds anymore. Understandable, yes, but the perk doesn't affect that many actions, so I have an idea.

Old Spine Chill was very famous for its combo with Resilience, creating the "Vault Build". It was a fun build, as a killer main I never had a problem with it and I've only seen very few killers complaining about it. The only real problem with that build is that survivors would use those two perks for the vault speed, and on top of that have the benefits of Spine Chill, which was really good at countering stealth killers and could help against some other killers that have very high-speed (AKA Nurse and Blight).

When BHVR reworked Spine Chill, they removed the extra vault speed since it didn't fit the perk's theme, which is completely understandable. Better Than New, on the other hand, DOES fit with the vault speed theme. And let's also remember that it is IMPOSSIBLE to have Better Than New and Resilience active at the same time since one requires you to be healthy and the other one requires you to be injured.

I'd recommend changing Better Than New to 15% and including the vault speed. It requires an interaction with 2 survivors to be active and will deactivate once you are injured, so I do not see any problem with that. This would make Better Than New a fun perk to play with your friends. Obviously, I think you should only be affected by one Better Than New at a time, I do not remember if it was already like that in the PTB.

15% extra vault speed is not an insane amount, we had that for years, and again, very few people had a problem with the vault build other than because of Spine Chill. Please, make this a fun perk, it would be really cool.

Comments

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168
    edited August 2022

I agree it'd be kinda nice to have and might be clutch. It also can't be paired with resillience because you lose it when you're injured

16% faster vault might be a bit much tho

Better than New should affect unhooking, exit gate speeds and sabo at the very least

• notJustDante
    notJustDante Member Posts: 96

That's why I said to change it to 15% so it's basically old vault build. Either way, yes, with the current effect it should affect more things. It's understandable that it can't affect generator speeds, but there are more things that it could affect that would be actually useful.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,716
    edited August 2022

Except you actually can have both Resilience and Better Than New. It's when you complete a healing action, so if you heal a survivor from dying to injured, that still triggers the perk even though they're injured. So then they could actually have 25% vault speed if they had resi.

• notJustDante
    notJustDante Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2022

I believe that Better Than New only activates if you fully heal a survivor.

Post edited by notJustDante on